Biggest barrier to working out : Swingers Discussion 1750781071
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessBiggest barrier to working out
TOPIC: Biggest barrier to working out
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Start   71 to 80 of 105   End
User Details are only visible to members.
You have to find what you LIKE to do. If you view "working out" as a chore, you won't do it. My passion is Crossfit. In high school & college I swam (lifted some weights for the sport but nothing "serious"), afterwards I was a certified aerobics instructor & jogged/biked/short triathlons. Then quit all of it for 8 years (and gained 20lbs). Started Crossfit middle of 2009 and LOVED IT! Competition (with yourself), comrades in arms & support (all of us at the 'box' consider ourselves to be a family), and challenging. Every day is something different. There's Olympic lifting, gymnastic moves, running, short/high instensity & interval training. Never looked this great in my life! We have all age ranges (8-65 yrs in our facility) working out together; everything can be scaled depending on ability. I love working out with the guys (personally enjoy chasing them on the runs, trying to best them in metabolic conditioning exercises). Yes you can see my muscles. Muscles burn fat, baby! I weigh about the same as when I graduated college, but I'm thinner. Girls - embrace the strength training!

Las Vegas NV

Username hidden
(930 posts)
"I guess I am ugly (or lucky) because I have never had anyone come on to me, "

Nope not ugly :)

I'm sure they can tell you aren't on the prowl so to say.

New Castle PA

Username hidden
(4667 posts)
I guess I am ugly (or lucky) because I have never had anyone come on to me, in a gym. I train at 8am so maybe I just get done before all the rude people get there. Either that or I am too busy with what I am doing, I am not noticing everyone else.

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX

Username hidden
(17573 posts)
Reading some of the past comments on this thread I just have to say this. Anyone who goes to a gym on a regular basis can tell fairly fast the difference between the woman who are there to really work out and the woman who are there looking for male attention. The men know the difference too. It's very easy to go to a gym and not become friendly with the other people there.

New Castle PA

Username hidden
(4667 posts)
I think the female bodybuilders you're speaking about are what I called "enhanced." Meaning they look that way with the assistance of steroids. I am a natural bodybuilder and will never achieve that look even if I wanted to. What I can do is lose the excess bodyfat and then my muscle becomes more visible but never bulky. Believe me, if more female bodybuilders looked like me, the sport would have a better reputation which is why the IFBB (pro division) as well as WNBF, INBF and NPC had to bring in figure and bikini because men, who make up a huge part of the audience, didn't want to see those masculine women. I am not offended baby. We all like different things....lol!

Vero Beach FL

Username hidden
(2170 posts)
I hope I didn't offend you Blt! I didn't mean to. I give those that body build alot of credit for their self discipline.

joan*

Mantoloking NJ

Username hidden
(7752 posts)
If I happen to make my way into a gym, I work out at my pace....alone!

I'll ask for a spot when needed, but that's it..

San Antonio TX

Username hidden
(7892 posts)
I am amazed at how this topic has blown up! I've read most of the comments and it boils down to this: Everyone has their own personal agenda. Many people who go to the gym have no gym etiquette. It's up to the establishment to post the "rules," and enforce them. As for the woman who went to the female only gym and got terrific results, she probably met someone who tweaked her diet. All the exercise in the world cannot make up for a poor diet. As far as injury is concerned -- no pain/no gain is bullshit so you have to determine a potential problem and do it early or you will be sidelined for a long time. My placings in bodybuilding had been marginal at best. I can count the shows on one hand that I won and I only have one overall trophy. It wasn't due to lack of dedication or training as I spent literally thousands on training and supplements, etc. Iit was because my nutrition was lacking and I always came in too fat (poor conditioning). I believe that I've locked it in now and will be coming to the stage with a vengence! For a competitive bodybuilder, it's all about the diet in the end and, frankly, that goes for the general public. One more thing. Cardio is not just for burning fat. It's for the most important muscle in our body -- our heart.

Vero Beach FL

Username hidden
(2170 posts)
Ouch Any!! I dont think Im going to break bones. I also think there a huge difference between working out to stay tone and fit, and working out to bulk and buldge, Men look good with buldges imho, women do not.

I was thinking of doing it every other day but I wasnt in pain. I was more sore from odd unworked muscles. Maybe it will take me 60 days at every other day lol

Thanks Mr L... nice to have goals to work towards! joan*

Mantoloking NJ

Username hidden
(7752 posts)
@Blt: Oh, I have a lot of recovery time. Two of the four days are dynamic effort days, done with lighter weight, more accomodating resistance, and higher reps, to build explosive power. And once a month I take a week-long deload (in fact, I'm deloading right now). Normally, the deload takes the form of just skipping my main barbell movement and focusing on lighter-than-normal accessory work, but this week it's a complete deload, since I feel pretty fried and beat up.

I'm generally very good about making sure I recover properly. In powerlifting training, you're always operating at a certain level of "beat to hell", which is why we take 1-2 weeks completely off before a meet, so we can fully recover in time for competition. But we have to learn the difference between pain and injury, and we're always skating that fine line between the two. If it's just pain, it's time to suck it up and get stronger, and ignore the pain. If it's a burgeoning injury, well, we have to learn the difference between the two to know when to stop.

(for example, one time I didn't listen to my body when I had persistent forearm pain for about a week. That ended in my forearm snapping in half in the middle of a bench press during training, and now I've got a steel plate and five screws in that arm. That's a good example of me not knowing the difference between pain and injury! That forearm pain was probably actually a hairline fracture, and I kept training in spite of it. At least now I know what a potential fracture feels like!)

Oakland CA

Username hidden
(84 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Start   71 to 80 of 105   End
TOPIC: Biggest barrier to working out