Biggest barrier to working out : Swingers Discussion 1750781061
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessBiggest barrier to working out
TOPIC: Biggest barrier to working out
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Start   61 to 70 of 105   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I was on prednisone. I wasn't on a steroid that "pumps you up"! It just plumped me out! ..lol

Cape Coral FL
Username hidden
(122 posts)
Steroids were created to "heal" seriously ill people and athletes abused them in the hope of recovering faster and enhancing theirperformance. No. Medically supervised steroids is totally different.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(2512 posts)
Didn't mean to start such controversy. They was also my "thoughts" not pushing them on anyone* Relax...

Im happy with my shape. I do not "formally" work out. I am very active, do yoga and stretching. I eat well. I just thought to add a 30 day specified exercises to target a general area to see what happens. No more, no less.

wow joan*

Mantoloking NJ
Username hidden
(7752 posts)
Playful: Congratulations! This brings me to this....people think that because someone takes steroids for athletics that they automatically become this super hero overnight....so, not true. Even the steroid user has to have a meticulous diet or you just look bloated. I've been told that due to the drugs, however, that the diet may not be as strenuous as the natural bodybuilder. I don't know. Playful, that's why I believe the nutritionist is the most important leg of the team. Downside of not weight training while losing weight is that most people become soft and their muscle has been compromised. I tell people that clothes do a lot for us. I've seen bodies after tremendous weight loss -- not pretty -- unless they have had surgery to tighten loose skin. Frankly, I've made enough mistakes for all of us from "hit and miss" approaches so I have a passion to help those who want to to get it right with minimal waste of time, energy and money!

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(2512 posts)
I gained 25 pounds from steroids for neck pain. I had tried diets, personal trainers, gyms, marathons, etc.. for over a year with not a pound lost. I went to mediloss and I just have to say. UNBELIEVABLE. I've lost 20 pounds in less then a month with no exercise. I have been true to the system and am just amazed with the results! I would post my "before" pic.. but am embarrassed. I've gone from 160 to 140 and by the cruise.. watch out! :)

Cape Coral FL
Username hidden
(122 posts)
She: The problem is that some trainers don't find out what the client's goals are and just force their same old shit on everybody. My main focus when I workout with anyone is to get them in and out of the gym uninjured! Many people think they can't speak up but I tell them "the trainer works for you!" A good personal trainer looks out for the well being of the client; trains them so that they can train (workout) in any facility and not be co-dependent on them. I can walk in ANY gymin the world and train. I may not be familiar with every piece of equipment so I ask or modify what I do. Form is so important in all areas of training but particularly when it comes to the back. Shoulders are another muscle group that can easily become problematic. Listen, we all didn't get in our out of shape overnight. We have to pace ourselves and have realistic expectations. Even me, after all the years of training, I didn't develop the "lifestyle mentality" or whatever that is. I got lazy, ate and drank and gained weight. As I said before, thank God for muscle memory! I am not a personal trainer. There was a time I thought I wanted to be. I am more into the nutrition aspect which is the most important leg of the team.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(2512 posts)
As far as injury is concerned -- no pain/no gain is bullshit so you have to determine a potential problem and do it early or you will be sidelined for a long time

BLT that is so true. With a bad back I am limited on certain machines . In rehab they taught me many shoulds and shouldnts. One day I hope to go to a regular gym not a rehab. If you know you have limitations tell someone. Do not push it!

Augusta NJ
Username hidden
(16055 posts)
I sent her a note on FB. I'll let you know if she posts a pic, she probably will.

New Castle PA
Username hidden
(4667 posts)
M, I'll ask her for a pic from when she was lifting and show you how big she got.

New Castle PA
Username hidden
(4667 posts)
When my bff was lifting she starting popping veins, I don't much about it all but she was pretty big and bulky but she was doing heavy heavy lifting, no drugs.

New Castle PA
Username hidden
(4667 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Start   61 to 70 of 105   End
TOPIC: Biggest barrier to working out