Biggest barrier to working out : Swingers Discussion 17507810101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessBiggest barrier to working out
TOPIC: Biggest barrier to working out
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Start   101 to 105 of 105 
User Details are only visible to members.
That seems to be the norm in most of those big chain gyms. People off in their own world. Or in competition based on looks. Get in and get out, don't talk to strangers, etc.

The community mentality of CrossFit is another reason I'm more likely to go to our gym. We push eachother, we socialize before & after the workout, we are facebook friends, we do weekend activities as a group. Check out the main website to see if this workout philosophy (functional movement, high intensity, scaled & measured) and if there is an Affiliate near you.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(958 posts)
Workouts for me are a very solitary activity,

I don't want to know anyone at the gym. I want to get in, do my stuff, and get out.

Having people to work out with would just distract me.

Plus, I don't really have a specific time during the day to go to the gym. I work it in between three kids, working, taking care of the house, etc.

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17354 posts)
My only barrier is myself and the fact that I am pure ass lazy and rebellious when it comes to working out. In regard to fitness...I am my own worst enemy. I do realize this weakness however LOL...and am working on it. We have paid for a family year membership to our local fitness center and bought a summer pass at the pool. But being lazy is my only disability in this arena.

San Marcos TX
Username hidden
(23995 posts)
Aww too bad you aren't near us. I need a work out buddy too!

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(2626 posts)
Hello,

The worst part about geting off my butt and working out is the fact that I can't seem to meet and make friends in a gym. Everyone seems to be in their little clique, or totally into their own routine. I go to a gym to get in shape. I stay there if I make friends along the way.

I so need a workout buddy (or 2 or 3). I am located in central Massachusetts. If anyone out there wants to pair up and workout together (and hopefully motivate each other) please feel free to let us know.

Sterling MA
Username hidden
(2 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Start   101 to 105 of 105 
TOPIC: Biggest barrier to working out