Best time of day to work out : Swingers Discussion 85785
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessBest time of day to work out
TOPIC: Best time of day to work out
Created by: Hotcntrycouple The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 13   End
User Details are only visible to members.
The best time of day to work out is the one that suits your schedule and lifestyle best.

There are data to suggest that workouts will be more efficient in the early afternoon in terms of burning calories. However, a particular time of day just "feels right" to most people, and that's what you should choose.

I'm a "morning person". I prefer to get out of bed and hit the gym before work. Gets it out of the way and gives me an inner 'smugness' that I did right by my body before worrying about the rest of the world.

Mrs. FL, however, is an evening person and likes to take her frustrations out on the iron on the way home from work.

Sat and Sun, we compromise and have "gym dates", later on Sat and earlier on Sun.

Bottom line: any time that fits your routine is perfect for you. As I say to my patients: "Which fits your schedule best? Exercising an hour a day? Or being dead 24 hours a day?"

Atlanta GA

Username hidden
(437 posts)
I have found I can't workout in the PM. I'm too tired when I get home from the office and I always just say "fuc it". I know myself too well. So, it's always a morning workout but I awaken slowly so I just can't go in and start lifting weights. I have to first have my cup of coffee and then fix a protein fruit smoothee and then I will finally have the energy to lift. It takes a good 40 minutes to "wake up". Otherwise... I'm a royal B*TCH if I try to exercise on a completely empty stomach.

Mountain Ranch CA

Username hidden
(8696 posts)
Congrats to you, Philly!

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX

Username hidden
(17852 posts)
I was just thinking of you the other day, philly. I wondered where you ran off to.

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX

Username hidden
(17852 posts)
For me, the best time of day to work out is whenever I can possibly get there!

I work out on average 5 days per week. I try to do 3 cardio intense workouts and 2 weight lifting type.

2 of my workouts are in the morning--spin and a step class, the others are all in the evening.

I prefer the classes to keep me motivated.

I have heard that it is better to work out in the morning for cardio and evening for weights. Does anyone have any links or statistics regarding this? I would like to learn more.

Wesley Chapel FL

Username hidden
(3 posts)
That's actually the biggest feature of an elliptical, it's designed to follow the natural movement of the leg and foot, to minimize the impact and make sure that the weight loading on the joints stays constant. If you're having problems with that, by all means, the elliptical is the way to go!

Willingboro NJ

Username hidden
(9310 posts)
Any time you work out is a good time, just as long as you are able to do it

Long Branch NJ

Username hidden
(9 posts)
Lurkers,

I wonder if they controlled for personality types. Early risers and minimal sleepers tend to be Type A personalities and the stress from that out look may be a larger factor than the time of day they rise?

Chandler AZ

Username hidden
(31 posts)
I found something about it...

Early rising no good for the heart

Generations have praised the wisdom of getting up early in the morning, but a Japanese study says early-risers are actually at a higher risk of developing heart problems.

The study, conducted by researchers from several universities and hospitals in the western Japanese city of Kyoto, revealed a link between wake-up times and a person's cardiovascular condition.

"Rising early to go to work or exercise might not be beneficial to health, but rather a risk for vascular diseases," said an abstract of the study.

The study, covering 3,017 healthy adults aged between 23 through 90, found that early risers had a greater risk of heart conditions including hypertension and of having strokes.

However, the study also noted that early risers were usually older.

The study is being presented this week at the World Congress of the World Federation of Sleep Research and Sleep Medicine Societies, being held in Cairns, Australia.

A separate study released in June by researchers at the University of Pennsylvania found that chronic sleep deprivation adds stress to the heart, putting a person at greater risk of cardiovascular disease and death.

Willingboro NJ

Username hidden
(9310 posts)
I don't know, I haven't seen the study yet, just the little blurb I caught on the radio over the weekend!

Willingboro NJ

Username hidden
(9310 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 13   End
TOPIC: Best time of day to work out