Avocados: I'm addicted! : Swingers Discussion 83105
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessAvocados: I'm addicted!
TOPIC: Avocados: I'm addicted!
Created by: lost_j1
Original Starting post for this thread:
Hey all, I need some advice from you nutrition gurus! As you know, I am fastidious about watching what I eat. I have actually bit the bullet and started working out every day...and I'm LOVING kenpo! Its awesome. I do not drink much soda at all, and I do not eat sweets. My one vice? AVOCADOS. I can eat them at every meal. I eat them with baked Tostidos as a snack. I have heard both good and bad about them. I know they are packed with calories but in my thinking its better to eat something that is high in nutritional value vs. eating sweets. Does anyone know whether or not they are bad? I would hate to give them up because I love them so much, but I do not want to pack on pounds from them either. Thanks in advance, Shelly

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 11   End
User Details are only visible to members.
LOL, I'm still looking into it. I just abhor the extra, loose skin on my stomach...especially the fact that the stretch marks are so horrible. Some are as wide as my finger, its yucky lol. I don't know, I don't mind pain much...so I think that recovery would be okay for me. I had a c-section and checked myself out of the hospital on the same day (because our son was sent to a nicu unit in Austin) and they thought I was insane...which I probably was. In my mind the pain would be worth getting rid of this horrible pooch of loose skin and stretch marks. Oh, and my breasts have GOT to be lifted up lol. Shelly

Username hidden
(23994 posts)
lol Milfy, that's exactly the same reason MrsLurks hasn't considered it, after we learned all of that! Additionally, a surgical solution should only be considered after all other alternatives have been exhausted!

Willingboro NJ
Username hidden
(9310 posts)
Milfy, a tummy tuck doesn't necessarily involve cutting the abdominal muscles, particularly if they're already toned and in good shape. The muscles only need to be cut/shortened/tightened up if they're too long and stretched out and are part of the "mommy" bulge.

The tummy tuck itself involves separating the skin from the connective tissues below it, between the fatty layer and the muscles, cutting around the navel to leave it in its original location and literally stretching the skin taught over the underlying muscle, trimming off and discarding the extra skin. Once the skin has been cut and stretched, a hole can be cut to poke the navel back through and everything is sutured up. It's still a fairly major operation, there's a lot of localized trauma from all the connective tissue that needs to be cut, but if your abs are already tight and in shape, with just a loose covering of flabby skin over the top, then the surgery shouldn't involve the muscles.

Only your surgeon can tell you for sure!

Willingboro NJ
Username hidden
(9310 posts)
Milf... it should be illegal for a woman to look at her own tummy bending over drying her hair. GASP! Gravity isn't nice.

Mountain Ranch CA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
Hey girl, its going well. I am actually fitting into some size 10s now, which tells me I need to start shifting to maintenence mode vs. lose my curves. The smallest I ever was in the military was a size 9.....wide hips just don't allow for me to genetically get into a size 4 lol. I really would love to have a tummy tuck and breast lift next year though. All of this weight loss has left me with a flatter but VERY scarred body. I AM a stretch mark lol, and now that I'm doing P90X I am finding stretch marks in very unattractive places like my calves....ewww lol. So its going well, yes. Thanks for asking girlie!!! Shelly

Username hidden
(23994 posts)
I think that's what the message here has been all along- moderation and allowing for the calories within your dietary budget. Certainly, there's nothing wrong with avocados, and I don't think anyone here implied to the contrary.

However, when the OP made reference to the use of avocados as a "healthy" snack, it was important to realize that they are an average of 300 calories, a bit more than a typical snack, and need to be accounted for in your diet!

Willingboro NJ
Username hidden
(9310 posts)
300 calories, holy crap! LOL! Well, theres ANOTHER food thats off my okay to eat list lol...this is why I never read labels on foods I enjoy because if I know how many calories are in them I wont eat them.

Well, thats what I GET for asking!!!! lol Seriously, thanks everyone Shelly

Username hidden
(23994 posts)
Akron, I've been nibbling on them for years and never gained an ounce from them! Nibble away, my friend!

Willingboro NJ
Username hidden
(9310 posts)
Following what Poly said, on average it takes plus or minus 3500 calories to gain or lose a pound, over or under what you require to maintain your current weight.

Again, using averages, the typical person requires approximately 15 times their body weight in calories to maintain their weight. This number can vary widely based on a person's metabolism, with the number being smaller for those with a more sedentary lifestyle and a lower metabolic rate, or higher, if someone is far more active and has has a higher metabolic rate.

Accordingly, a "typical" 120 pound woman would need to eat 1800 calories a day to maintain her current size. If she eats 2000 calories a day, then that's going to be an extra 1400 calories a week, so she would gain a pound roughly every 2 1/2 weeks, until she reached about 133 pounds, at which point her weight and caloric intake would balance.

Similarly, if the same woman ate 1500 calories a day, she would then lose a pound roughly every week and a half, until she reached 100 pounds, at which point she would be in balance, between caloric intake and body weight.

Now, keep in mind, the numbers do vary, so these are only examples. Putting this in perspective with the OP, a 6 oz. avocado contains a little over 300 calories. If you're already consuming your caloric needs, and you eat two avocados a day as snacks, you'll gain about a pound a week as a result.

Just my thoughts, YMMV.

Willingboro NJ
Username hidden
(9310 posts)
I love avocados too. However, they are high in fat, so beware when overindulging with them.

Mountain Ranch CA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 11   End
TOPIC: Avocados: I'm addicted!