Atkins : Swingers Discussion 70745
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessAtkins
TOPIC: Atkins
Created by: just_thrills_perving The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 7 of 7 
User Details are only visible to members.
I have been living Adkins for four years. I dropped all the extra weight but you know how it is one is never satisified. If your really serious to make a change in your eating habits forever the weight will stay off. I went from a size 14 to 10 in about 3- 4 month. Now I am in a junior large size. I would advise that you read the Atkins book before starting. It isn't just eating protien and no carbs. It is about selecting good carbs as well as protien. For example for supper I had fish and sauteed mushrooms/leeks / zucchini. Anyway good luck. Sorry the mispelled words.

Lansing MI

Username hidden
(1621 posts)
Have any of you tried South Beach?? Do you have an opinion on which is better South Beach or Atkins?? I have been thinking of trying one or the other but do not know the benifits of either.. have a S. B. Book that I am going to start reading this evening... know nothing about Atkins.... any help would be great !!

~~Trish

Myerstown PA

Username hidden
(4985 posts)
One things I learned when on diets was sometimes its good to give into major cravings. When you crave something that bad then theres something in that your body needs. At one point in time for a month I ate nothing but meat and chips ( chips bad I know), but I lost over 20 lbs that month. Just something about what I was eating I was craving. My mom said I was nuts but oh well, it worked. We still eat alot of meat but from time to time I crave just veggies (hubby thinks I'm nuts). My bigest thing of why I don't loose anything right now is eating only twice a day, lunch and dinner. The thought of food when I wake up isn't appealling so by the time I eat lunch and supper my stomach hurts and I don't want to eat much at all. Very bad I know, going to be changing that. Good Luck to all. Poki

Fort Knox KY

Username hidden
(47 posts)
I have been a very high red meat eater my entire life. I eat red meat at least 4 to 5 times a week. Here is the shocker..... I have low cholesterol. My doctor couldn't believe it and took a double take at the figure. I attribute it to my one glass of red wine a day. I have read that it breaks things down and since I've been drinking one glass of red wine a day for at least 10 years now.... I'm a firm believer of it.....and no - drinking more than one glass a day contributes to other heath risks and is a detriment and not a benefit.

Mountain Ranch CA

Username hidden
(8696 posts)
I have to be in ketosis to lose weight so low low carb is the only thing that takes my weight off.

Low fat and low calories never worked for me....I finally gave that up when I actually gained weight on 800 calories a day!!!! However, now I can eat 1500 calories a day and lose weight as long as I am in ketosis. Love it!

Mountain Ranch CA

Username hidden
(8696 posts)
I lost major lbs 6 years ago. I've never put them totally back on but I'm approaching too much so I'm back on Atkins strictly to lose the weight. I have always ate low carbs (but not the 30 gr or less except in dieting) for years. It just makes me feel better.

Mountain Ranch CA

Username hidden
(8696 posts)
Time to get serious. Holiday is over. No more than 30 grams of carbs a day for a few weeks while ketosis sets in for me. Dusting off the weight machine now....:)

I read an interesting article about eating meat. For 700,000 years man was a huntergatherer and ate meat and what berries he could find - high protein diet. It's only the past 8000 years that we have agriculturized ourselves in to "farmers" - high carb diet. A study was done on analyzing the remains of huntergatherers verses a 300 year old "farmers'. Huntergatherer no tooth decay... farmer extreme dental decay.... huntergatherer lived a much longer life with good health compared to the farmers. They went in to the details of all the differences and it was very apparent that societies (including ourselves) that eat a low fat- high carbohydrate diet are hurting themselves. The anthropologist stated that it takes a minimum of 10,000 years to make evolved changes in our bodies and that our systems are still working off the meat eater system and have not yet adapted to the high carb/grain diet and consequently it causes many diseases in our bodies. It got into the actual changes that take iplacewith the enzymes in the body and how everything is affected. Interesting stuff.

Mountain Ranch CA

Username hidden
(8696 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 7 of 7 
TOPIC: Atkins