Ask Poly! : Swingers Discussion 1093481011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessAsk Poly!
TOPIC: Ask Poly!
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... More 
Start   11 to 20 of 153   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I absolutely agree that one should see one's doctor; I was just sharing some info that I recently learned that I don't think a lot of people know about. I don't believe that omega 3 fatty acids have some of the negatives of nsaids or tylenol, so it may be a worthwhile option for some to pursue.

'We' (my doctor and I) aren't ready for knee replacement yet...I find it funny how he says it that way....but I'm checking in again next week....

Gibsonia PA
Username hidden
(6817 posts)
I am tired of procedures right now. If fish oil makes my knee feel better, I will try it.

Augusta NJ
Username hidden
(16055 posts)
So you are saying fish oil can help knee pain?

Augusta NJ
Username hidden
(16055 posts)
Hi Shel, You mentioned knee pain, and just wanted to share something that I recently learned. I take Lovaza, which is a prescription omega 3 fatty acid. It has helped lower my triglycerides and works great for that. So, yes, it's a prescription, and I'm not a doctor...but, omega 3 fatty acids (or fish oil...whatever) is available as an over the counter dietary supplement. I like the prescription because I trust the quality control provided in FDA-regulated substances over what you get in dietary supplements over the counter.... Back to knee pain - when I was stuck in London because of the volcano, I ran out of Lovaza. I started having knee pain like I haven't had in years. I've had 5 knee surgeries (so far... :-( ), so knee pain is not a rarity for me, but this was out of the ordinary. I learned that knee pain is a common off-label use of Lovaza - studies have suggested that omega 3 fatty acids have demonstrated benefits comparable to NSAIDs. Anyway, knee pain has gone (well - back to normal anyway!) since I got back on the full dose of Lovaza.

Gibsonia PA
Username hidden
(6817 posts)
M, yeah thats what I'm thinking too. I did the RICE treatment and the ice and elevation helped...along with stopping my routine for 2 weeks. But it is still sore with propulsion. So I am going to have to cave and see an orthopod very soon for it. Thanks sweets!!

Username hidden
(23995 posts)
Oh and landr,

Not an expert or anything but the difference I noticed when working out with those bikes was I burned more calories, with the standard bike.

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX
Username hidden
(17895 posts)
You would also be surprised what a chiropractor can do for knees. Hubby has to get his knees done sometimes when we go.

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX
Username hidden
(17895 posts)
Love that pic M btw. Ummm, I was an idiot and tried to jog without proper stretching. After that, especially when propelling up a hill, my knee will initially go numb and then I get sharp pains in the left side of the knee cap. It seems to be resolving itself but I am wondering if using a brace will help stabilize it. We speed walk on the street and so it has dips.

Username hidden
(23995 posts)
Lost, here is my testimonial about knee braces and gluosamine. USE BOTH! About six years ago I was really starting to have problems running because of my left knee hurting so bad. I actually thought my running days were over. I started paying attention to the gluosamine advertisements and clipped a coupon and bought some. It was about the same time I was in a sporting goods store looking to buy an ecliptic glider when I passed by the joint support display and saw knee supports. Not just the rubber slip overs but the ones with the cross elastic support and the metal/hard plastic going down the sides. So I bought one. The moment I put the brace on and started walking around my knee felt better. At first I wore the brace at night too, because simply turning in bed the pain would sometimes wake me up; if I twisted my knee. It took over a year but you know what? I have no pain in my knee now. I am back to running and when I run I always wear a brace. But I can walk just fine with out one again and I do not have to wear the brace in bed.

Tulare CA
Username hidden
(1880 posts)
We are looking to invest in a exercise bike? What are th advantages/disadvantages of an upright bike vs a recumbent bike?

Thanks

Alabaster AL
Username hidden
(16 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... More 
Start   11 to 20 of 153   End
TOPIC: Ask Poly!