Ask Poly! : Swingers Discussion 10934810101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessAsk Poly!
TOPIC: Ask Poly!
GoTo Page: Less ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Start   101 to 110 of 153   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Below is the reason that morning workouts prior to eating are better for burning fat. It depends on what you are trying to accomplish. . . . . Your levels of muscle and liver glycogen (also called stored carbohydrates) are normally very low when you wake up first thing in the morning. With depleted glycogen and lower blood sugar, you'll give your body the perfect environment to burn fat instead of carbohydrates.

Carbohydrates or glycogen are your body's primary and preferred source of energy. When they're low, your body will tap into your secondary energy reserve, which is your body fat. The idea here is similar to when the engine taps into the car's reserve tank because it's low on fuel.

Fuquay Varina NC

Username hidden
(207 posts)
Poly...

I saw the article on which the Time story was based. It's true that people have different metabolic profiles and respond differently to different foodstuffs.

However, the first line in the story is correct. Thermodynamics rules. Burn more than you eat and weight is lost.

If South Beach fits you, great. If Atkins fits, great. Same goes for WW and Jenny Craig. At days' end, eat less than you burn. And burn some at the gym.

Deconditioning and obesity are NOT character flaws. They are also not diseases. They are physical states. The states CAN be changed. Willpower and guidance and support from loved ones CAN make a difference.

One life. One body. One choice. Yours.

Atlanta GA

Username hidden
(436 posts)
tort, the new family one was supposed to hit in august, haven't seen it in the stores around here yet, and I started looking for it August 1.

Louisville KY

Username hidden
(17003 posts)
Thanks Poly & Torta.

Gotta start somewhere, right?!?!

East Ridge TN

Username hidden
(4029 posts)
So exactly which one of Tosca Reno's books are you guys using? I want to pick one up but am not sure which one to go with. Suggestions please.

Do any of you have the one that is designed for families and kids? How is it?

East Ridge TN

Username hidden
(4029 posts)
lol lurk you sound like me. I did Plyometrics on Sat. and still today every time I go to sit I yowl lmao. Damn my thigh muscles are kicking my ass! I'm getting ready to do some cardio and then run a little bit with Jay when he gets home from work...of course since it is 104 frickin degrees it will probably be a brisk walk vs. very much running.

San Marcos TX

Username hidden
(23960 posts)
Kisses back to you too Poly babe. I'm probably in the running for the person who knows the most about health and fitness but is in lousy shape in spite of it! Just added in some weekend workouts into my previous 3 day a week schedule, so hopefully not for too much longer!

My hamstrings and hip flexors are on fire, from all the stretching and kicking, but damn, it feels soooooo good! Of course, that's not to mention the burn in my abs, my pecs, my shoulders and my arms too... lol

;^)

Willingboro NJ

Username hidden
(9310 posts)
poly I just hate to eat in the morning period. It makes me feel ill. Doesn't matter if it is an omelet or oatmeal. Think about morning sickness during pregnancy, this is the way I feel every morning if there are smells of food in the house. Its all I can do to make breakfast for my kids.

And yes lurky I know it is supposed to be the most important meal of the day.

PG

Louisville KY

Username hidden
(17003 posts)
Breakfast is often the easiest meal of the day to blow off, but unfortunately has extreme consequences when you do wind up skipping it.

In most cases, by the time you eat breakfast, you haven't eaten in about 12 hours. With that long since your last meal, along with coming off a long period of rest, your metabolism is at its slowest point of the day. A "proper" breakfast jump starts your metabolism and so that you're running through your entire day at your metabolic best.

Some studies have shown that your metabolism may never fully compensate for skipping breakfast, no matter how active you are during the day. Being at your best metabolic rate not only gives you the energy you need to accomplish your daily routines, but the higher your metabolic rate, the more calories you're likely to burn off as well.

While I don't have the exact formula, your body weight and your metabolic rate both factor into your caloric intake needs. Take two people of the same body weight- then assume one has a significantly higher metabolic rate. The person with the higher metabolic rate needs more calories to maintain their size and weight. This is significant when it comes to dieting and calculating how much you need to eat (or not eat) to gain or lose a pound (generally thought to be 3500 calories, to gain or lose one pound of body weight at "average" metabolic rates).

Poly, do you have anything more specific on this?

Willingboro NJ

Username hidden
(9310 posts)
that is why I'm trying to find a whey protein that I can tolerate drinking, so I can do a smoothie of sorts. Cause the oatmeal thing, good as it may be for you just isn't happening.

PG

Louisville KY

Username hidden
(17003 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Start   101 to 110 of 153   End
TOPIC: Ask Poly!