Ask Poly! : Swingers Discussion 109348
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessAsk Poly!
TOPIC: Ask Poly!
Created by: hedonist2001 The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 153   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Thank you ! I think what I will do is add back my strictly strength class as I really like that one. Lifting weights by myself at the gym is something I don't do. I have to have a teacher or a personal trainer pushing me or I'll lift a few weights look around maybe lift a little more do the same then leave. I just don't love it like I do spin class or running. I did take Strictly Strength yesterday and my butt is and thighs are killing me and it's not from all the loving I've been getting from my hubby lol.

San Jose CA
Username hidden
(2 posts)
Here is a question for you pros. Is it better to be at your desired weight then lift weights ( as I think weights tend to add a couple of pounds of muscle) or lift weights while still trying to get to your desired goal? I am still about 5 to 7 pounds to my desired weight. The hubby thinks I need to start lifting weights again to firm up and I want to wait until I get down a little more. My current training is M,W, F running with a few strength training classes every now and then and Tues , Thurs. Spin class.

San Jose CA
Username hidden
(2 posts)
Thank you! You are so helpful with this...and you are greatly appreciated!!

Username hidden
(23994 posts)
Okay, you experts help me out on this because I'm not sure whats going on. So, within this last week I have really started committing myself to consistent hydration and have been drinking 3 liters of water daily at least. This morning I got on my scale and my weight increased 3 pounds from yesterday at the same time. Can someone gain 3 pounds in one day? Given, yesterday I was indulgent. And now I have "trimmed the fat" so to speak in my food choices...but I'm also thinking that I may be tripping unnecessarily and its temporary water retention. What do y'all think?

Username hidden
(23994 posts)
Yes, that's what it's called, Supartz. Got some info on it today. It was described as an injection to the knee onece a week for 5 weeks and that it could give me relief from knee pain for ~6 months. Interesting (and good news) that you got relief after one injection. The pamphlet they gave me said that the effectiveness of less than 3 injections had not been established.

Gibsonia PA
Username hidden
(6843 posts)
M, what do you think about joint fluid therapy?

Gibsonia PA
Username hidden
(6843 posts)
You're welcome Seduction. I'm not an expert, but I did research the subject. Maybe someday I could ask you a training related question.

Your husband does what to his nipples??? Actually I know it's no joke. I laughed when runners protected their nipples until I got "nippleburn" after I ran a marathon many years ago-- they hurt for a week. Knowing my pain, my so called "friends" really ramped up the "purple nurples." Ouch!

Gibsonia PA
Username hidden
(6843 posts)
Yes, with the medium co-pay-- $30 for 3 months. Some health plans require a lipid test and the Lovaza will only be approved if the triglycerides are over 500mg/dl. Our prescription coverage does not require such approval, so for us, Lovaza is less expensive. It also seems to work better-- we did not expect to see a difference and our cholesterol improved. We switched from a highly rated supplement brand. Our Doctor did not mind writing a prescription with our request (she didn't think it was necessary, though), but was really surprised and impressed with the results.

I also noticed one other benefit that I believe can only be related to Lovaza. I am a competitive golfer and practice a lot. During hours of hitting balls, I often get cracks on my hands that bleed. I tape up my hands with white athletic tape (you see lots of the pros with white tape all over their fingers). Anyway, I still have the rolls of tape in my golf bag, but I have not had to use it as I have had to for many years, the only difference being switching to Lovaza.

Gibsonia PA
Username hidden
(6843 posts)
A diet too high in omega-6 fats and too low in omega-3s is believed to increase the risk of several diseases including heart disease. A typical American diet, high in processed foods, contains as much as 10 to 30 times as much omega-6s as omega-3s. Experts recommend a ratio of 4:1 or lower to maintain optimal health.

Eating more fish can help, but it is tough to achieve an optimal ratio even with a carefully prepared diet-- that's why the prescription omega-3 or a quality supplement, in addition to diet, makes a lot of sense. Omega-3 content in fish varies-- a few fish high in omega-3s include salmon, herring, pacific mackerel and bluefin tuna. Unfortunately, when health professionals advise eating more fish, some patients go to the all you can eat fried shrimp and clams at Hooters!

Mrs Leeza and I take the prescription omega-3 (Lovaza) for several reasons. Supplements are not regulated, so quality and purity are not assured as is with the prescription. Also the fish oil in the supplements is roughly 30% omega-3s and is in the form of a fish triglyceride (in a glycerol skeleton). With Lovaza, the "junk" has been removed (oxidized fatty acids, proteins, cholesterol, saturated fatty acids, and environmental toxins) to the extent that Lovaza is 90% omega-3s in the purest form (ethyl esters). Additionally, the co-pay with our prescription plan makes Lovaza less expensive than the supplement we were taking. Even though we do not have the dyslipidemia for which Lovaza is FDA approved, our Doctor did not have any problem writing us a prescription. Interestingly, the switch from a supplement to Lovaza improved our cholesterol levels dramatically. My HDL went from 55 to 76 and Mrs Leeza's HDL and triglycerides improved.

One more interesting little fact: "fish oil" is actually plant oil that fish process.

Gibsonia PA
Username hidden
(6843 posts)
How much Omega should you take. I already eat fish at least once a week. Is that enough or should I take a supplement too.

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX
Username hidden
(17913 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 153   End
TOPIC: Ask Poly!