Almost kicked out of planet fitness for grunting : Swingers Discussion 1850181031
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessAlmost kicked out of planet fitness for grunting
TOPIC: Almost kicked out of planet fitness for grunting
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Start   31 to 40 of 53   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Monday: ?4 rounds for time of: 12 Split Push Jerks (85#), 200 m Farmers Carry (25#), 36 Double Unders. 22:52 (hard to carry those dumbells - 2, 3rd & 4th rounds had to put them on the ground to shake out my forearms).

Afterwards did strength work: 3 x 5 Back Squat (been adding 5 lbs twice a week): 140# (this was my previous 1RM) 3 x 5 Bench Press (been adding 5 lbs 1 - 2 x a week): 100#

Today is rest day.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(967 posts)
Damn .. I thought they might cover Regionals and it would be a blast to follow you. 50,000 people! That's very cool! wowza! It will be intense for you and hard to post during that period but when you can would love to see how your doing. Also, can you post some of your training? I mean times, weights your lifting, etc.. when you can. No pressure. Would be great to get a first hand accounts of what it is like.. also I love rooting for something good. ;-) I really think it is awesome that you are taking on such a challenge. My hats off to you!

My crossfit thingy I made up .. which is NOT even close to what you are doing is kicking my ass.. It is in the spirit of what they say on the website though. Thank gawd it was raining here so I had an excuse not to hit the bike so hard. hee hee. See the results?

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(3739 posts)
BLM - I'm not even sure I'll get to the games...have to qualify first. One of the trainers from our box (actually, owns it) placed 12th in the Men's division. Have to get through the 6 week open first. I except 2012 will have >50,000 people registered. Only the top go to regionals. Then from regionals only the top 3 go to the games. 2011 was the first time with the major (Reebok) sponsorship. Seriously changed the atmosphere and upped the ante. This year it was covered on live stream (internet) and ESPN3. We expect next year it will be broadcast on ESPN2 (and maybe even mention on local news during sports coverage). Depending on the Olympic schedule.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(967 posts)
Just checked the Reebok Crossfit Games site out. How cool is that! Beach runs too, huh! Now you people are serious aren't you. I will definitely be following the Games.. before the Games start you will have to let me know what "person' you are so I can follow you. From what I can see there were 26000 people competing last year and you can follow it all online.

btw you look great there in that pic too! Even if you don't "win" ... you will look GREAT competing!

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(3739 posts)
look up crossfitgames . com (hard to put a link in this site). great videos from this year's competition - one of my previous coaches placed 12th in the men's division.

I've only been doing it for 2 years and have no 'natural' talent. but in competition I have the heart. I've got about 50% of the skills right now. I can rope climbs and do toes-to-bars. I'm only 3" away from regulation hand-stand-pushups, and have about 80-90% of the strength I'll need. My next goal is a muscle-up, L-sit, and the walking handstand (but they probably won't use that one again next year).

-h

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(967 posts)
Really???? 2012 GAMES! I wanna know MORE!

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(3739 posts)
Thanks BLM. It's a labor of love (Crossfit). Training for the 2012 games now (would feel honored if I can even make it to Regionals).

-h

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(967 posts)
Damn you look good svcpl! I'll toast to you. ;-)

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(3739 posts)
Bicep curls? Really? I haven't done one of those in years. Not a functional exercise. Well, except lifting a champagne glass, or two.

- h

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(967 posts)
I heard that joyful! I was "visiting" a gym by the Shore at one of those no grunting ones and there was a woman on the lat machine texting for almost the whole time I was there. The place was busy and that machine was needed. I guess they don't mind texting. lol

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(3739 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Start   31 to 40 of 53   End
TOPIC: Almost kicked out of planet fitness for grunting