Almost kicked out of planet fitness for grunting : Swingers Discussion 1850181021
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessAlmost kicked out of planet fitness for grunting
TOPIC: Almost kicked out of planet fitness for grunting
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Start   21 to 30 of 53   End
User Details are only visible to members.
You're absolutley right. I know I wont miss the benefit .. I have you helping me! :-) Thanks for speaking out h, always! Ok Ok Ok .. it is intimidating when you see the folks hitting the floor in total exhaustion AND AND AND .. probably wont see a "No Grunting Gym" for a long time after I start. LOL

I love the inpiration and the causes Crossfit supports! The one you mention brings tears. Thank you USAF SSgt Timothy P. Davis gone way to soon and may you be resting in peace. I also pray that your family has found peace in your passing.

Lyndhurst NJ

Username hidden
(3580 posts)
Crap, had a great post and SLS didn't allow a link. BLM - you may be missing one of the best points about Crossfit. Everything can be scaled to your ability. The idea is that everyone in the workout finishes around the same time feeling the same sense of exhaustion/muscle fatigue.

It's about improving yourself, no matter your age/fitness level when you start. For example, "DT" (a hero WOD). In honor of USAF SSgt Timothy P. Davis, 28, who was killed on Feburary, 20 2009 supporting operations in OEF when his vehicle was struck by an IED. 5 rounds: 12 Deadlift, 9 Hang Power Clean, 6 Push Jerk. Prescribed for girls is 105#. First time I did 65# and last month I did 85# (took 11 minutes). Next time I will stay with 85# and go for a faster time. "Grace" (one of the "benchmark" girls): 30 Clean & Jerks. Last time I did 65# at 2 1/2 minutes. In Oct we're doing this as a fundraising workout (for breast cancer). I'm ready to increase to 85# (prescribed is 95# for women, it's 135# for men). Some of our members will be doing 45 or 55#.

Las Vegas NV

Username hidden
(930 posts)
BTW and meant to say, "That's a nice deadlift!"

Lyndhurst NJ

Username hidden
(3580 posts)
It would not be the same benefit I totally agree! I'm a competitor but not ready to take the real challenge of what you are doing until I think Spring. I get results in what I do or I change the course quickly. I think I will get results. I am a fifty something now and need to refine what I should take on and how. What I mean is that I am way more apt to get hurt or hurt something. I have a heart of 19 year old when when I need it but plan way different goals now when I look at my age. My #1 goal always is to be in shape AND AND AND have a blast doing it. It's the "blast" that can be the hard part. Soo over the years I've tried to keep it exciting. I think this may be it. IT IS EXCITING! I'll do more sets/reps but way slower and for a full hour. It's kinda what you are doing in week 6-8 but way slower. By Spring my body will be strong enough (FOR SURE) not to hurt anything... AND LOOK GOOD! .. My goal now is to get the Adrenline High and REAL FEELING OF CROSSFIT that only what you are doing will give in the Spring! Plussssss I haven't finished my Summer's goal... FULL BODY w/BIKING ALL SUMMER LONG! I'm lovin this goal and so grateful to be able to healthy to do it!.. I love it so much I wanna do it again next summer!!!!

SMASH THAT RECORD!!!

Lyndhurst NJ

Username hidden
(3580 posts)
Not sure if you get the same benefit just "doing" the routine without the push on the time; the results I've gotten from Crossfit have been about the intensity. On my own it was just 'lalalalala' and whatever. I taught aerobics, I jogged, sometimes 2-3 hours cardio/day. Never got the same results that I got from hard/fast/intense 10-20 min 3-4 days a week in Crossfit. Most of our Metcons (metabolic conditioning) are designed to be less than 15 min duration. Some are even shorter. I'd like to get a sub-10 min Fran (21-15-9 thrusters 65lbs & pull-ups). I'm at 11 min right now. And sub-5 Grace (30 clean & jerks at 85#). Strength is another component that has also contributed to physical changes. We're in week 6 of 8 week building program for Back Squats, Deadlifts, Bench Press, OH Press, Power Cleans. Then at the end we'll do the "Crossfit Total" (3 attempts to 1RM for squat, press, deadlift). My first time doing that (last year) was 415# (135 squat, 75 press, 205 deadlift). I'm pretty confident I'm going to smash that in a couple of weeks.

Las Vegas NV

Username hidden
(930 posts)
I just finished watching a video on Fight Gone Bad. Way too cool! Those "kids" were in shape like you!!! Only saw one "old man" like me. He was hitting it good though. You really are giving some much needed inpiration and I think I may have found in this Crossfit something I can do over the winter.. I usually slow way down in the winter and let my body recoup... AND that's a good idea at my age ...BUTTTTTT .. how many years left do I really have??? ...to have this kind of fun? At least one season. Right now I'm thinking .. I will do the rountines but not work on time. I tend to work at a fast pace in a gym anyway.. much faster than most that I see. So far that's a PLAN! I'm watching other videos on the net on your rountines .. so much fun AND inspiration. When I visualize your times and excercises I can't help but say, "FUCK YES h!!!" HA! LOVE YOUR POSTS!

Lyndhurst NJ

Username hidden
(3580 posts)
This one was a three-parter. ?5 Handstand Push Ups, 10 Power Snatch, 15 Thrusters, 20 Pull Ups, 25 OH Press, 30 Sumo Deadlift High Pull, 800m Run. 3 min get as far as you can: 40 reps (got to 10th pull up), rest 1 min. 6 min get as far as you can: 63 reps (got to 13th OH Press), rest 2 min. Then the whole thing for time: 16:39. Rx was 55# (felt just a wee bit heavy for me but I gutted it out).

Las Vegas NV

Username hidden
(930 posts)
Unreal h! Really! I really don't think I could do that and if I attempted it .. exactly as you did here... I think I would be sooo damn sore. I'll bet I can bounce a quarter off your ass and into that ten footer~ Unreal you are and the shape you must be in. I'm having trouble with my crossfit thingy which I'm now gonna call "full body". It's in the spirit but not even close to the intensity you guys endure! I love it!!!

WOW!

Lyndhurst NJ

Username hidden
(3580 posts)
Fight Gone Bad : 245 reps | 90 reps, 77 reps, 78 reps | Rx'd Three rounds of: Wall-ball, 14 pound ball 10 ft target (Reps), Sumo deadlift high-pull 55 pounds (Reps), Box Jump, 20" box (Reps), Push-press 55 pounds (Reps), Row (Calories). Getting better at the 10' target. Most PP reps ever! Worked on consistency.

Deadlift 3 x 5 @ 180# Chest to bar chin-ups max reps (used red band): 12/11/9

Las Vegas NV

Username hidden
(930 posts)
DAMN! I read this a few times and visualized what you are doing and imagined me doing it. I do know this .. I'll bet I can't do that .. WOW! .. unless I get back to jumping some rope. I did double unders way toooo many times in college and high school. I will say this though .. you inspired me! .. I still have the "rope" I used .. complete with high school colors and all... I wonder if my old high school wants it back?

THANKS FOR POSTING GIRL! YOU ROCK!

Lyndhurst NJ

Username hidden
(3580 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Start   21 to 30 of 53   End
TOPIC: Almost kicked out of planet fitness for grunting