Almost kicked out of planet fitness for grunting : Swingers Discussion 1850181011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessAlmost kicked out of planet fitness for grunting
TOPIC: Almost kicked out of planet fitness for grunting
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Start   11 to 20 of 53   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Missed 4 days in a row (courtesy of Hurricane Irene, got stuck in Conneticut - thank goodness we were at a friends house - if you ever get to meet JoBill, you've met a great couple).

First day back: On the minute: Complete 5 pull-ups and perform max rep Deadlifts (65% of 1RM) so I did 135#. The goal is to complete 75 total deadlifts. At the beginning of every minute perform 5 pull-ups, for the rest of the minute perform as many deadlift as you can during that minute. At the beginning of the next minute perform 5 pull-ups and then max rep deadlifts and so on until you reach 75 total deadlifts. Post the total number of rounds (minutes) it took to reach 75 deadlifts. CFLV 8-30-11 : 8.0 rounds | 8 mins 55 secs

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(960 posts)
Wednesday: ?4 Individual Timed Rounds: 10 Push Ups, 20 Pull Ups, 300m Row. First round straight through, able to do pull-ups without rest but pushups sucked. (2 mins 15 secs), (2 mins 34 secs), (2 mins 33 secs), (2 mins 44 secs)

Thursday (Strength Day): Bench Press: 3 x 5 @ 110 lbs Back Squat: 3 x 5 @ 150 lbs Power Clean: 3 x 5 @ 95# Max reps Chest to Bar pull-ups (using red band): 12, 12, 10

No WODs for the rest of the week/weekend (except a pole dancing class scheduled on Saturday).

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(960 posts)
Nevermind my question on the "Thrusters" I get it.. Yikes! I remember burnouts.. SHIT Girl... This is some tough stuff!

Livermore CA
Username hidden
(3693 posts)
Also h .. I saw another Thread started by a couple wondering about Crossfit.. I think you should start a Thread called Crossfit.. I would but I'm only a wanna be right now.

Livermore CA
Username hidden
(3693 posts)
Ok h .. I just watched a video on Death by Thrusters... I'm confused a little.. Do you only do ONE "thruster" and then hold the bar for a minute? The girl in the video just kept going. Plus I saw this on AmericanRiverCrossfit:

"Execute 1 thruster the first minute, 2 thrusters the second minute, 3 thrusters the 3rd and so forth until you can’t complete any more thrusters in that specified minute. Finish with: 100 sit-ups 200 flutter kicks 50 sit-ups 100 flutter kicks"

Livermore CA
Username hidden
(3693 posts)
"Death by Thrusters" 1 Thruster the first minute, 2 the 2nd minute, 3 the third minute etc. Carry on until you are unable to complete the set number of thrusters within the minute. Any time left hold a plank until the end of the 14th minute. Lasted 13 rounds; held the plank for that last minute.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(960 posts)
Holy shit .. burpee that includes a pull up! Yikes!!! Now I gotta try that.. ha! Going to youtube the barbell one.

You're "local news" just got a little more personal .. ;-) You gotta love Las Vegas for a night out.. been there mainly as a married man no LifeStyle going on.. many many times.. ex's mom lives off the Strip. Gonna be fun going as a single guy!

Livermore CA
Username hidden
(3693 posts)
Regular burpees are fall to the floor, down & up like a pushup, jump up and then jump in the air with hands meeting overhead (clap). Other variations on a burpee can include jumping over a barbell (that's about 8" above the ground), jumping onto a box, jumping up to do a pullup, etc. I was getting dizzy (a sign that I was dehydrated). As for last night....lost $180 at the tables, and $200 on the machines. But the game was fun cause I was flirting with the cute guy sitting to my right (local sports broadcaster). Took a while until he figured out I really did have permission to flirt (and play if we all meet first). He did give me his number, though (and vice versa).

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(960 posts)
Youtubed a few of the excercises to make sure I could visualize it right. The Burpees.. do you do the ones with the pushup in it? You're forgiven on the poker and booze unless you lost your ass.. then it was worth it. Ha!

Livermore CA
Username hidden
(3693 posts)
Filthy Fifty (my CF anniversary WOD causes it was a version of this that I did at my first workout when I was in Iraq). 35:34 (3 min slower than last year; I blame a late night of champagne & poker and not enough water yesterday). ?50 Box jumps (20 inch box), 50 Jumping pull-ups, 50 Kettlebell swings (12 kg), 50 Walking Lunges, 50 Knees to elbows, 50 Push press (35#), 50 Back extensions, 50 Wall ball shots (14# ball to the 8' mark), 50 Burpees, 50 Double unders (two passes of the jump rope under my feet for each jump). The first 3 exercises took 8:40, then the K2E took 7 min (not good). Wall balls & burpees are the next slowest. My double unders are still my fastest segment.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(960 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Start   11 to 20 of 53   End
TOPIC: Almost kicked out of planet fitness for grunting