Almost kicked out of planet fitness for grunting : Swingers Discussion 185018
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessAlmost kicked out of planet fitness for grunting
TOPIC: Almost kicked out of planet fitness for grunting
Created by: jackson3139
Original Starting post for this thread:
I went to planet fitness with a friend of mine that has a membership. It was a upper body day. i got caught up and found myself exhaling and powering through a few reps in the end of a particularly painful set of butterflies. I looked up, after my set to move to the next exercise. There was the gym employee staring me off. The employee tells me. " You were grunting." I respond " I wouldnt call it grunting....." Employee " Well didnt you read the rules?" Myself " No , I did not see the sign or read the rules." Employee " We dont allow grunting in here." Myself "I'll make sure I don't get carried away." I then walked away from the employee and in my mind called him a mangina bitch. Ok I was wondering . Isnt that kind of judgemental for a non judgemental gym? I understand it can be distracting, but my buddy told me that all the men in the gym stood and stared at me when I made too much noise. Like a scene from body snatchers when the aliens all point out the actual human. So there I was the "bad" one. I guess I realize i belong in an old fashioned judgmental local gym, where a bunch of mean "jerk" weight lifters hang out lmao

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
 1 to 10 of 53   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Holy crap, I would be thrown out for sure on back day. When I dead lift, it sounds like gorillas having an orgy. x)

Powell WY
Username hidden
(30 posts)
Unbelievable!

I got a lecture for grunting this morning on the leg extension. I normally use freeweights and have never had a problem.

I didn't know the guy was a "trainer" as he was very much overweight himself. So he ran and got another fellow after I told him to mind his own business.

Next we shan't be allowed to perspire!

Willoughby OH
Username hidden
(123 posts)
I hear you! I joined Crunch Fitness today.. and the cute girl who signed me up said I can grunt. LOL.. I told her I was training for Crossfit and she should me where I could practice some of the off-the-wall excercises. It's a small gym but .. I think it will do. I pretty jazzed!

Also .. lots of serious fitness buffs that I could see... makes for good motivation for something like Crossfit.

Happy Grunting!

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(3744 posts)
I'm checking out a new local gym here.. forgot to ask if they have a "No Grunting" Policy. I'll be trying that Crossfit thingy and I'm SURE there will be some grunting. I would love to workout at my old University! That would be some great motivation.

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(3744 posts)
I left planet fitness for my college gym. I have to laugh about the no grunting policies. I grew up with my father saying is all that noise helping you any... ironically it does. When you grunt it activates the diaphragm and engages the core muscles

Mobile AL
Username hidden
(10 posts)
That's a great pic! Thanks for the comments!

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(3744 posts)
Seems to me the worst part of an injury is down time, not the injury itself lol

Jackson MI
Username hidden
(67 posts)
I'll bet they were toast! Don't go hurting anything.. Summer before last I pulled the inside of my thigh playing some street basketball. Really sucked for awhile trying to let it heal... and kept me off my Indo Board for way too long.

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(3744 posts)
Wish I 'averaged' that. 15 the first round, 10 the second, then it was 3 or 5 or 7. Last two rounds was 7 then finished with 8 (did not like those pullups). Today my hamstrings were toast. Rest and go back tomorrow morning.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(972 posts)
Looking GREAT h!!! Yummy! .. I'm getting more rest days from workingout (HAHA!) thanks to Irene too... but she put me through a good workout and I'm still sore from it! So you averaged around 9 deadlifts in each minute? .. after the pullups your doing about one dead lift every 5 seconds or so? SHIT .. that's gruelling!

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(3744 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
 1 to 10 of 53   End
TOPIC: Almost kicked out of planet fitness for grunting