Advice on trying to lose : Swingers Discussion 202009
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessAdvice on trying to lose
TOPIC: Advice on trying to lose
Created by: Wild_WeekendWarriors The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 11   End
User Details are only visible to members.
From what you described, unless those portions were very big, I doubt you were eating 1700 calories. Go to fitday dot com or myfitnesspal dot com, get a free account, and try to keep track for a few days. You might be surprised. And the advice is correct, you need about 500 kcal/d to support milk production without compromising your own nutritional status. -h (registered dietitian)

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(959 posts)
Indeed, BLM is 100% spot on!

When I start with a new client, particularly a client that has not exercised much previously, and who's goal is to shed pounds. After assessing them, I always start slow and light. For instance WW, you stated that you ran 15 minutes that it's the most that you can do. How do you feel after the 15 minutes? can you hold a conversation with me without being short for breath? I mean right after you finish, not a minute later, not 20 seconds later, right after you get off the treadmill.

If you can get a free PT session in your gym, go for it, have them asses you, have them put you through a routine and listen to what they say.

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16415 posts)
Watch out Wild.. hitting it too hard too fast can leave you very disenchanted.

Livermore CA
Username hidden
(3669 posts)
You should exercise at the minimum 3 times a week. And on days that you are unable to get to the gym, you should keep an effort to remain very active and reduce your caloric intake slightly.

Take the baby for a stroll, go to the park and walk, go to the pool if you have access.

Random fact: if you reduce your caloric intake by 250 calories a day, you can drop around 30# a year :).

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16415 posts)
WW,

Your OP is alarming, it isn't enough to sustain you, let alone your child!

Google Clean Eating Tosca Reno. It change my life :). It will change yours. I know that you know this, but you aren't exercising properly nor enough. While Yoga is wonderful, 15 minutes of cardio is just not going to cut it. When Googling Tosca Reno's Clean Eating, see if you can find her weight lifting routines. Start at the beginning and move up. You WANT to build muscle, not just your cardio.

Good luck.

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16415 posts)
Portions: Most starchy foods (breads, cereals, grains, potatoes, etc) are 1/2c = 1 serving (1-2 servings per meal if sedentary, 2-4 if highly active) Fruit is 1/2c = 1 serving (2-4 servings per day) Milk is 1c or 6 oz yogurt = 1 serving (2-3 servings per day) Vegetables is 1c raw or 1/2c cooked = 1 serving (as many servings per day as you want) Fat is 1 tsp = 1 serving (typically 3-6 servings per day). Salad dressing 1 Tbsp. Protein is 3-5 oz per serving depending on your body size (2-3 servings per day). 1/2 oz per lb of your goal body weight if you are sedentary, up to 1 oz per lb goal weight if you are very active. -h

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(959 posts)
I lost over 60lbs, by walking and portion control. I don't diet. I believe in everything in moderation.

You would be surprised how just changing small things, in your life, can make big changes, in you. Get a kitchen scale, if you don't have one already and start weighing your food. That taught me what a real portion size is suppose to be. Get smaller dishes. Using a smaller plate can help you, from over eating. Doing things like that, along with exercise, will get you healthier.

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX
Username hidden
(17862 posts)
Wild, I have struggled with my weigh my entire life, and I am believe that all "diets" are doomed to failure, because they make certain foods forbidden, which is just setting you up to fail. You will have the mantra of "I have to stay on my diet" going through your head, and when you go "off" it, you will feel guilty.

Think about eating less processed and more healthful foods; the water and the fruits and veggies and the protein are all good. Focus on portion control no matter what it is that you are eating, but once you realize what a normal portion is, stop weighing every little thing. Please be sure that you are getting enough calories, especially since you are breast feeding. The diet you listed does not seem like enough food for a breastfeeding mom.

Try smoothies with fruit and veggies and unsweetened almond milk and protein powder of some sort. I make mine with frozen blueberries and raspberries and it tastes like a milkshake! It also makes or a quick and easy bf, lunch or dinner.

Start reading about real nutrition, and not fad diets. One you learn what good, healthy food really is, and how to creatively prepare it, you will know how to make mostly good choices, and also how to come back to the good choices when you want to go off and have a little splurge. Most of us need a splurge every now and again, but the key is to splurge without the guilt, because the guilt just causes more splurging.

Good luck to you.

Ocean City NJ
Username hidden
(5102 posts)
Damn WWW doesn't look like you are too late at all for this season! "Weight loss" hmmm Try not to think about food and diets after you start one. Just do it and don't think about it. Thinking about food adds pounds for sure.

Livermore CA
Username hidden
(3669 posts)
Will power is my weak point, so I rely on motivation. Make reservations at a nude/clothing optional resort for a few months from now. I guarantee that you'll stay on track with diet and workout schedule. Worked for us, lol

Redford MI
Username hidden
(303 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 11   End
TOPIC: Advice on trying to lose