Abdominables Abdominals : Swingers Discussion 129454
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessAbdominables Abdominals
TOPIC: Abdominables Abdominals
Created by: lost_j1
Original Starting post for this thread:
I cannot remember if I have asked this before but I'm too lazy to search so here goes. I get confused in this area because there are 2 camps and I get info from both. Camp 1 says you should work your abs every day. Camp 2 says NO, you should not work your abs every day because it can cause muscle atrophy. So my ignorant ass does not know. Can one of you more educated persons tell me, should I or should I not be working abdominals daily? I alternate upper/lower and do cardio daily...but in the abdominal arena I get different information. Thanks!!

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 10 
User Details are only visible to members.
ilike... hot hot hot

Lansing MI
Username hidden
(1624 posts)
I hear what you guys are saying. But loose skin would not be too bad if I could get into the size I want. I could get used to wearing long sleeves and having sex with the lights off. lol

But with all honesty there is nothing you can do about loose skin. It just hangs. Of course, with working out some tightening up of the skin can occur but not all. Snip snip may be the only way.

Lansing MI
Username hidden
(1624 posts)
I don't think we're in any essential disagreement, Seduction (BTW, bet you two have nice abs) -- just sayin that if you don't do anything but work your ass off cardio wise, you will get pretty good definition all around. Check out the next time a good marathoner raises his shirt to cool off at the end of a race. (Of course, if it's a HER marathoner, you might be checking something else out....). You are absolutly right, though -- for the "pumped" look, you have to do the strength training speciifically designed to increase the bulk and strength of the muscle group you want to accent. Good luck to you both.

Charlotte NC
Username hidden
(557 posts)
Seduction -- I must politely disagree, a bit. That excess stuff around most of our middles is fat -- the most efficient human fuel there is -- lightweight, good storage medium, etc. The problem is that we keep filling the tank without burning enough of it. When you do hard cardio (and watch what you eat) -- your body starts looking for the best sources of fuel it can find, and voila! There's that big spare tire! You are right, cardo doesn't actually turn fat into muscle, but once the fat is gone, your abs magically appear, and you can tone them with specific exercises, although just plain cardio will do a very good job.

Charlotte NC
Username hidden
(557 posts)
Shel, If you do weight work -- either free weights or on machines -- the recommendation is that you have at least a day in between workouts, so that the muscles have a chance to repair (and get stronger) before the next session. It makes some kind of sense that the same interval might be used for abs workouts. Also, the earlier poster was right -- cardio workout does more to tone your middle than almost any other exercise. You go girl!

Charlotte NC
Username hidden
(557 posts)
Amused again :)

Lansing MI
Username hidden
(1624 posts)
LOL your so amusing ! I will tell these two trainer, which by the way have to kill for abs, there is a supposedly know -it- all trainer that said they "lack knowledge." lol Yes, you are correct I am not where I want but that is b/c I do not like loose skin. Exercise just does so much. Well you should know.

I will say, since I have started working my stomach definition is coming in nicely and my stomach strength. My guy friends sure do like it. lol

Lansing MI
Username hidden
(1624 posts)
lost. I work mine out everyday unless I am forget..lol But on a serious note. I think it might be a preference. I have been to to two different trainers and have asked that question both have said it i fine to work it out everyday. I do a combinination of core and nasty type of ab workout for about 30 minutes. It is a bitch! Our gym just hired a male a trainer I am going to give him a try in conjunction with the trainer that comes to my home. I will see what he has to say. Anyway I have seen a a big difference. The tone and definition is great but what to do with the extra skin-yuck. Do you have an answer for that? lol

Lansing MI
Username hidden
(1624 posts)
Not exactly the prince of the six pack, but the work outs really depend on your goals.

The work outs that has the muscle contracting to max load and short reps should be done every other day or every third day to allow the muscles to recoup.

The workouts that rely on high reps versus high loads, can be done on a daily basis but with a weekly break.

For abs, low reps means 10 and under. (bi-ceps, quads, upper ham/glut can get to 4 reps per set). When I work for mass (i.e. six pack), i'll do 3 to 6 sets of 10 on an incline situp bench with 20-45 weight plate. I rest 2-4 days depending on my back.

I'll use the rotating and crunch machines in sets of 16 to 25 reps per set. I can do this daily as part of bigger workout.

I do not do situps because of lower backproblems.

Bakersfield CA
Username hidden
(5 posts)
I cannot remember if I have asked this before but I'm too lazy to search so here goes. I get confused in this area because there are 2 camps and I get info from both. Camp 1 says you should work your abs every day. Camp 2 says NO, you should not work your abs every day because it can cause muscle atrophy. So my ignorant ass does not know. Can one of you more educated persons tell me, should I or should I not be working abdominals daily? I alternate upper/lower and do cardio daily...but in the abdominal arena I get different information. Thanks!!

San Marcos TX
Username hidden
(23995 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 10 
TOPIC: Abdominables Abdominals