ABS - How Often : Swingers Discussion 92574
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitnessABS - How Often
TOPIC: ABS - How Often
Created by: dzzyred
Original Starting post for this thread:
What is the general consensus on how often to do a full ab workout. By that i mean hitting all the major groups of the abs. I thought about this morning after having done a really nice 30 minutes of abs yesterday and decided to give em a break.

anyone believe you should do em everyday...

GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 21   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I personally do abs every Monday/Wednesday/Friday. I find that 30 minutes of abwork is way too much for me. I focus on doing as many reps with nice form as I can, and start to lose steam after 15 or so minutes. That's about 300-400 reps, which is a LOT. Then again, I don't do standard situps. I do a lot of scissor/bicycle/leg climb/etc. work, which is really draining. Alternating hammer fists. Ugh.

Falls Church VA
Username hidden
(92 posts)
yep. I feel that it's much easier to develop strong, good looking abs than it is to uncover them. I just think it's funny how people usually go all in to either working their abs like crazy, or go on tight diets without properly committing to the other.

For me, the diet part is what tends to make it rough. I'm usually most concerned with keeping energy up around training sessions, and a 6-pack is just cosmetic. Though, I will say when I'm getting close to getting my body fat down it is really that much easier to wrestle for another half hour, run another five miles, do another circuit, etc.

Kingston PA
Username hidden
(24 posts)
That's absolutely the hardest part. (segway to diet thread...)

Kingston PA
Username hidden
(24 posts)
Dzzy, is this the male or the female half wondering about an ab workout? Are you looking to bring out your 6-pack? Your lady half already has a pretty killer tummy, though I don't see any pics of your fella's mid-section. I'll assume a little that it's for your male half...

If you want to bring out noticeable abs, it's really a two part process. Hit them hard for 30-40 min. 2-3x a week. Either, A) go heavy, or B) (my favorite) hit them hard with high intensity circuits. This is the basic philosophy that guides my core workouts for wrestling/bjj and it's been successful in adding lots of strength, dropping nearly 6in off my waist, and bringing out my abs.

Still, you'll need to drop your body fat. The easiest way to do that and keep things quick is with high intensity training. Your metabolism stays high, and you're keeping your heart rate high for 20-40 min at a workout. If you keep your diet clean, it's nice because you're toning, conditioning and cardio kind of come together at once. You can also hit the pavement for a couple of miles in the morning to accelerate the process, too.

Kingston PA
Username hidden
(24 posts)
u look like one of those dudes, who have the natural body type for a 6 pack. thrashin around a few minutes everyday aint gettin me there!!

welcome to the fitness threads

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
Carrie, how do you break down your meals for the day? If you're looking to lose weight you're pretty much on with your calorie distribution (50% carbs, 40% protein, 10% lean fats). When you consume your calories is at least as big as how many you take in.

Kingston PA
Username hidden
(24 posts)
Carrie, how do you break down your meals for the day? If you're looking to lose weight you're pretty much on with your calorie distribution (50% carbs, 40% protein, 10% lean fats). When you consume your calories is at least as big as how many you take in.

Kingston PA
Username hidden
(24 posts)
Nice diet Poly. The only tweaks that I would make would be to keep up on the fiber, and to check your protein shake. Make sure you're taking a low/no carb whey isolate post workout. Anytime I'm looking to get weight down for a tournament my post workout is 2 scoop Isopure whey isolate, and just enough fresh fruit to get my blood sugar back up. (I like blueberries, pommegranet, or acai juice).

Kingston PA
Username hidden
(24 posts)
mmm chilean sea bass... delicious

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
My goal is to lose 50 pounds. I exercise 6 times a week, for one hour each time. I do 30 minute cardio and 30 minute weight machines, alternating days for upper body and lower body. I do abs every time. My diet is 50% lean protein and 50% fruits and veggies.

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX
Username hidden
(17852 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 21   End
TOPIC: ABS - How Often