300 Workout : Swingers Discussion 90052
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitness300 Workout
TOPIC: 300 Workout
Created by: dzzyred
Original Starting post for this thread:
I posted this in another thread but thought it was work a dedicated thread.

it's the 300 workout used by the actors from the movie..it was featured in Men's Health

a) Pullups - 25 reps

b) Deadlifts with 135lbs - 50 reps

c) Pushups - 50 reps

d) 24-inch Box jumps - 50 reps

e) Floor wipers - 50 reps

f) Single-arm Clean-and-Press with 36lbs Kettlebell - 50 reps

g) Pullups - 25 reps

All exercises are done without scheduled rest between moves. Obviously this is an advanced workout...you shouldn't do it unless you are already in great shape.

Fortunately, this can all easily be adapted. Appropriate exercises can be subbed in: Drop down to 150 total reps, or 4-6 exercises of 15-25 reps each. For example, you might try this workout, great for a guy with moderate fitness:

15 bodyweight rows

25 bodyweight squats

15 pushups

50 jumping jacks

20 mountain climbers

10 close grip pushups

15 bodyweight rows

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 17   End
User Details are only visible to members.
The beauty in workouts like this is that they're quick, and you can typically get what you need working out 3x a week for 20-40 minute sessions. As far as variation, there are tons of ways to shake a crossfit workout up. check out crossfit dot com . They post daily workouts that are usually this type of bodyweight/circuit theme, and or other similar explosive movements (ie. power cleans, kettle bell swings, flipping tires, etc) .

Also, there are a variety of "300" workouts. The primary uniting characteristic is just the adherence to 300 total repetitions in as short a time as possible. Search youtube for "300 workout" and see all the variations that come up. There are some good ones!

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(24 posts)
This sounds great. They don't mention- how many times per week did they do this in training for the movie? Is this sufficient to do over and over without any other days workouts?

Scottsdale AZ
Username hidden
(7 posts)
so you mean, you don't want a 300lb bench press? why go to the gym then? ;)

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(24 posts)
frequent meals aren't just limited to helping maintain a higher metabolism either. Frequent meals do a lot to help your body maintain a consistent delivery of nutrients outside of just your basic carbs/fats/proteins.

I also noticed a post earlier regarding caffeine post workout. It's benefit is entirely relative to the type of workout. Would I take caffeine before running 8 miles? no. Would I take it before a high intensity program (ie 300/crossfit style workouts)? possibly. Any concerns regarding lags in blood flow, or nutrient delivery can easily be cured with L-Arginine supplementation. A notable concern though, would be that caffeine blocks the uptake of creatine in monohydrate form. This too can be quelled by switching to another type of creatine, and taking the majority of your dosage post workout.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(24 posts)
Poly, Your right you do have to be carefully with revving your heart up with caffeine right before a workout, it could end up being too much...heart attack...but the other reason we drink black coffee right before the workout is because we are up so early we couldn't get started without it.

Lake Harmony PA
Username hidden
(90 posts)
Try working out first thing in the morning with just a little caffeine and no other food! Burn Burn Burn that fat, takes some getting used to though.

Lake Harmony PA
Username hidden
(90 posts)
I have to eat a little something before I workout. If I don't, I will feel like I am about to pass out during my workout. I can't do as much cardio either.

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX
Username hidden
(17852 posts)
no pain no gain moliska!!

many a weight lifter will tell u a story of how they hurled in the gym. as for me, im not a fan and try to avoid eating anything for at least an hour before a work out

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
i tried this workout after reading about it in men's health. I almost threw up towards the end on my first workout. do not try it out of the box after gaining 10lbs during the summer.

Sea Bright NJ
Username hidden
(5 posts)
That workout is similar to the "Crossfit" style of training, very intense. Those type of workouts are all the craze on the web, has a bit of an following.

Lake Harmony PA
Username hidden
(90 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 17   End
TOPIC: 300 Workout