2 more Belly Dance questions : Swingers Discussion 64620
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsFitness2 more Belly Dance questions
TOPIC: 2 more Belly Dance questions
Created by: FlirtyInFishnets The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 10 
User Details are only visible to members.
Hi all, We just became lifetime members and I finally get to look in the forums yeah! Interesting thread for this lifestyle as it usually is taboo for some dancers. I practice belly dance for my own personal fitness. I would like to be part of a troupe and perform just once for the experiance and to see if I could. I have yet to find a "real" teacher in my area outside of the ymca. Nothing wrong with the ymca but I do not feel paying for a class and then tripping over small kids is part of the learning experiance I want.

It usally "comes out" on a night out of dancing and I get many strange looks from people because of the way I can move I guess. I do not practice as much as I should and a night out dancing I stretch every muscle I forget that I have!

J

Winneconne WI
Username hidden
(2 posts)
Bellydance is the art of seduction. Any woman can do it. You size does not matter. And no, you can't tell a woman's fitness by her size. There are many very thin women who couldn't run to the corner veil shop while there are heavier women who could compete in a race across the Sahara. Let's not judge. Let's just have fun dancing with each other and making seduction more interesting.

There is not a doubt that a consistent bellydance routine will help firm a woman up but in any kind of workout, in order to reduce, you must raise your heartrate. If you want to lose then I suggest a vigorous dance routine for a least 20 mins. or so. It is the heartrate and consistency that make the difference. I wish you all the best. Salam aleichem = Peace upon you.

Romoland CA
Username hidden
(134 posts)
Has belly dancing been hi-jacked too? What the heck can you argue about in belly dancing? Too many veils?

Palm Beach Gardens FL
Username hidden
(1095 posts)
"bitchcraft"

That is an awesome word!

-s

Rochester NY
Username hidden
(10343 posts)
Joanne's is number one on my list. They carry so many things there. I was surfing their website lastnight. They list their coupons there so I can print out a current one when I go. I also plan to visit Michaels, Hobby Lobby, and Friendzes too. I have a gemstone design I had on my original costume and hope to duplicate it to some degree. Of course, the second costume all depends on if I can find the designed material I am seeking. It may not be easy to find and I may have to get it off the net when I do. Material on the net was expensive. If I don't find it, then I'll just concentrate on the one veil and skirt for now and keep searching till I find it.

I bet your costume for Halloween is gonna be naughty!! I love it! I won a Halloween costume contest back in the 80's with my bellydance costume. I think it was the dancing I did on stage when they were judging that put me over the top. The music was rock and roll so all I could do was some shimmies, bounces, and played the Zills in a hurry. Those were the good ole days! LoL!

Fort Worth TX
Username hidden
(8589 posts)
I plan on making my next skirt and veil. Mine were ruined in the fire. I have kept them to use as a pattern, but the material is damaged. Thanks to Mrs2, I have a gorgeous new outfit (: Thank you Mrs2. You are wonderful and words escape me! I love all the sterling silver earrings and bracelet you sent too. I've been practicing a lot with the veil and Zils you sent. The Zils drive my son nuts! Hehehe!

I can't find material here locally and have searched the web looking. I have not been overly impressed with what I have seen as far as what skirts are offered cause I have a favorite type and material. It's too hard to find exactly what I am seeking without feeling and seeing the material with the costume too. Mrs2, I am thinking either a solid Magenta or Wine would really accent that intricate bead work. I plan to hit the fabric and craft stores in the city to find the perfect material, beads, and coins on my next visit in a few weeks. I really want a sheer chiffon or silk. I plan to do a very light bead design around the edges to match the beads in the outfit. Nothing heavy so the material will be free flowing easily. I want to extend the veil a little cause there is just so many ways to use them and a little extra fabric there will be purrfect for the way I dance and like to wear it ( : My last costume was custom made for me and I really hate that I lost it. I hope to find the material I want for an additional gold coined costume and belt, along with a designed fabric. I am planning to shop at Lane Bryant and Frederick's to find the perfect fitting bra to use. A fitted bra makes a huge difference in ability to move with comfort.

I have ordered 3 Veena and Neena DVD's to start with as a re-fresher until I can work out some private lessons. By the time I am ready for the private lessons I should be back on track with my level. There are web sites that explain how to make skirts that include patterns for cutting out the material. It's really easy to make your own skirt and veil.

RaveN ( :~

Fort Worth TX
Username hidden
(8589 posts)
Check for a Cairo Festival in your area.

Romoland CA
Username hidden
(134 posts)
Here is a link for you:

w w w .fitbuy . com/pg/bellydancing .h t m l

Rochester NY
Username hidden
(10343 posts)
any luck?

Rochester NY
Username hidden
(10343 posts)
Did any of know that real belly dancers are men?I learnt it for myself in Tunisia, couple years ago. They needed no veils.LOL

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(261 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 10 
TOPIC: 2 more Belly Dance questions