Who is to blame for the current economic problems : Swingers Discussion 1340141036
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsBusinessWho is to blame for the current economic problems
TOPIC: Who is to blame for the current economic problems
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... More 
Start   36 to 45 of 60   End
User Details are only visible to members.
now i have to jump in....

i will never admit to either party so this post is not connected to either one. nuff said about politics for what i am about to say.

for the past 8 years all we have heard is that the wealthy got big tax breaks and the little guy got the shaft.

i know mr vegas you did not really say all that but you did mention the big breaks for the wealthy and the 30-50 k guy watches in vain.

to that end i offer the point that many of the 30-50K crowd no longer pays any federal income tax as a result of the tax policies of the previous admin and that of the tax changes from 1986. it is a well known fact that the top 50% of taxpayers accounted for 96% of all tax revenue. in 1986 the bottom 50% accounted for 7% of all tax revenue and in 2006 they accounted for 3%. this is a result of of many more legal escapes from taxes through additional exemptions and credits affecting those in the lowest bracket. (such as child care and edu) i do not have the figure here but many more even qualify for a NET tax liability. 26% of all filers have no tax liability at all. in 2003 there was also a 10% bracket added to the system which reduced the burden for the lower earners as more of their real income dollars would be subject to 1.) exemptions and standard deductions, then 2.) a low 10% tax, then 3.) a 15% expanded bracket.

it is really hard to justify your complaints about tax inequality when you pay little to no tax. the high income earner was reduced from a top rate of 39 to 36 and everyone bitched. at 500,000 they are still paying in excess of 150,000 to the IRS. if you pay nothing how can you bitch that his annual rate saved him 10,000-15,000?? lastly, if it weren't for the workers and teachers this country could not run, period. if it were not for the entrepreneurs and corporations and executives and wealthy people there would be no jobs for everyone else, and there would be no one paying 150,000 per year to the treasury while the single teacher is able to legally able to pay ZERO. if mr. wealthy paid less and trash man paid more i could see the revolt. both groups actually need to recognize the importance of each and stop bitching.

i just had to get that out. sorry for the rant.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2168 posts)
"I'm talking about "average" Americans the people who work hard and make $30,000 to say $50,000 a year."

Why is it that a person who earns in excess in that amount is not affected? This economy effects those who earn over 50k as well as those making 60k, 70k, 100k or more . Just by the simple fact a person makes mre money does not mean they are not affected , do you think prices are just up for those who earn only 30-50k. Contrary to popular beliefs this econoy has affected for those who earn over 200k . Jealousy is what drives this hatred for those who earn so much.

Burlingham NY
Username hidden
(9680 posts)
I not implying that greed is limited to conservatives by this question. However, do any of you think that there will become a point in time the conservative base will have had enough?

I'm talking about "average" Americans the people who work hard and make $30,000 to say $50,000 a year. These are the people who have had to make sacrafices in order to survive this economy that was obviously destroyed by the greed of others. They can't take vacations any more and they have to watch how much they spend on food as they are one pay check away from financial disaster. They support the trickle down theory where we give the mega wealthy all our money and then give them huge tax breaks thinking that somewhere along the way the will trickle down to those who are not so wealthy.

They are watching the news today and hearing the Goldman Sachs employees are getting 16 Billion in bonuses and make $500,000 a year. They watched when we bailed out AIG so that they could pay out Millions of dollars in bonuses. Health insurance companies CEO's make 24 Million dolllars a year. The worst part of all of this is that it's not tied to performance. Do you think they will ever get tired of waiting for the trickle to start coming their way?

Mr and Mrs, when I try to make comments on the political forum the submit button forwards me to a page saying there is an error and they are working on it. All other forums work just fine. They have been working on it for weeks now. Not sure why, but honestly not sure it matters.

Elk Grove CA
Username hidden
(600 posts)
yes, what's up with this?

the current topic is "who is to blame for the current economic problems." this off topic stuff is bordering on chaos and anarchy.

let's get back to blaming people. i love to bitch so i have already opined twice but for the sake of you all i will refrain, at least for now.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2168 posts)
"What this decision means is that you can't get elected unless you agree to support the agenda of large corporations even if those decisions harm the people who voted for you." ---------------------------------------------- ...and where in this decision do you get that? The 5 Justices who decided this case pointed out that it was already being done, but that the current law, since McCain-Feingold (not 100 years), places unconstitutional restrictions on profit organizations/corporations while allowing rich well funded non-profit non-religious organizations exemptions. SCOTUS leveled the playing field. Now Congress, since they legislate, needs to re-address this and make legislation that does not favor one side over the other and places real monetary restrictions on donations and placing ads regardless whether you are profit organization like Exxon or the non-profit like the Sierra Club or Trial Lawyers associations.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
-In my opinion yesterdays Supreme Court decision

You know, there is a thread running in politics on this.

It's actually on topic there.

Columbia MD
Username hidden
(1271 posts)
Ok ..... I admit it , I did it by not influxing enough of my earned capital into the economy. I did it by not overspending, by paying my bills. It is also my fault because I didn;t feel the need to go out and purchase a New Vehicle every year just to keep up with the "Jones's" , even if though i knew I couldnt afford it. It is my fault because I try to live within my means, because I didnt over spend on my home, because I didnt take on an oversized mortgage, that I knew I really should not have taken on. you want someone to blame? blame me because Idiots like me are tooo stupid to cry about it , we just keep paying.

your welcome !

Burlingham NY
Username hidden
(9680 posts)
Seduction, could you be a little more specific about how for 100 years one side has been abusing the system?

Why is it such a bad idea for our representatives to represent the needs of the people in their district rather than the desires of oil conglomerates or drug companies? What this decision means is that you can't get elected unless you agree to support the agenda of large corporations even if those decisions harm the people who voted for you.

Elk Grove CA
Username hidden
(600 posts)
Of course the real enemy is our Greed! It’s convenient to want to lay the blame on Presidents and political parties but our greed that is destroying our economy. We all watch as oil companies make Billions of profits every quarter. We watch as their CEO’s retire with $400 Million dollar retirements. We watch as insurance company CEO’s make $30 Million in bonuses. We watch as Wall Street uses our money to make risky investments paying us 2% to use our money and if they win they make insane profits. When they lose it’s up the tax payers to bail them out. Don’t even bother trying to blame that on Bush or Obama they both use our money to bail out the banks and Wall Street!

In my opinion yesterdays Supreme Court decision on campaign contributions was a terrible blow to democracy in our county. Mega corporations who have a monopoly on certain commodities like oil, utilities, health insurance, and so many others can dictate who will be elected in the future. It’s all about money and it continues to be all about money. Oil can spend whatever it takes to elect candidates who will vote for whatever they desire for example. It’s already bad enough, yesterday’s news was that health insurance companies and drug companies spent $100 Million to defeat health care reform. That’s on top of campaign contributions to Senators of around a Million each. Who do you think they are working for the public or the insurance companies? Well it just got a lot worse. For those of you who love negative campaign ads and political phone calls this was a great decision for the rest of this it sucks. Our vote now means little or nothing. It’s all about the Money!

Elk Grove CA
Username hidden
(600 posts)
If we started this conversation talking about attorneys and people who always think it’s someone else’s fault for their problems. I’m guessing many of you all would be talking about how bad attorneys are.

When we have a problem it’s always convenient to blame someone else. We always want credit for anything we do that is good and we’ll blame someone else when it goes the wrong way. We are particularly good at that when it comes to political parties. My party can do no harm yours screwed up the world. I found it interesting that someone blamed Carter. Ya right 30 years ago some bill was passed that caused our economy to virtually collapse. Have you never made a mistake in your life? When you do make a wrong turn you correct it don’t you? If legislation was passed during the Carter administration that didn’t work are you saying he is at fault not someone in the 30 years who didn’t make a correction?

The answer to this question in my mind is that we are all at fault. When you buy a house you are buying an, drum roll please, an INVESTMENT. Tell me what happens to investments? They go up and down in value. If the value goes up we were smart enough to do the right thing. If it goes down it was someone else’s fault like those unscrupulous lenders! That gives us the justification to destroy the house taking everything we possibly can and pour concrete down the drains!

Elk Grove CA
Username hidden
(600 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... More 
Start   36 to 45 of 60   End
TOPIC: Who is to blame for the current economic problems