Who is to blame for the current economic problems : Swingers Discussion 1340141021
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsBusinessWho is to blame for the current economic problems
TOPIC: Who is to blame for the current economic problems
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... More 
Start   21 to 30 of 60   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Unemplyment is a lagging indicator, and after Bush destroyed the American job market, it took some time to peak at 10+%, and took even more time to stabilize. Millions of jobs have been created and saved, people have doubled the size of their 401K in the past 3 years. The unemplyment rate has been measured by the same method since 1983, so the rate has been calculated the same when it was high as when it is now dropping, so spare me the "people have stopped looking" talk radio BS. ...if you are not part of the recovery at this point, time to get off your ass, stop complaining and DO something....the rest of us have been doing just fine

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3841 posts)
Party P the only reason the unemployment rate dropped was because after so many months of a person being unemployed they are statistically no longer unemployed, or if they are working part time they are no longer unemployed. Six million jobs sounds like a lot but when the economy lost 14 million jobs it dosen't sound so good. AS soon as the fed stops buying t-notes the stock market is going to crash worse then before the depression started.

Cambria CA
Username hidden
(27 posts)
If you have a 401K...and you have any type of common sense distribution of investments, you have increased your growth by 100 to 100% since 2008.

9 Months into Obama's 1st term, unemployment was over 10%, it is now just above 7%

6.1 million Private sector jobs added over the last 35 months

Positive GDP growth every quarter since Qtr 1 2010

Are you freaking kidding me?

Rosemont IL
Username hidden
(3841 posts)
wkend hit the nail on the head. It started with the creation of the Federal Reserve, closely followed by the change in the constitution to allow the Income Tax.

Cambria CA
Username hidden
(27 posts)
I also blame them for my bruises that I don't know where I got them from. Maybe it is from all the grabbing at the swinger parties?

Joliet IL
Username hidden
(50 posts)
I blame Aliens. No not those illeagals but the little grey men with insanely big eyes! Spooky!

Joliet IL
Username hidden
(50 posts)
I place almost 100% of the blame on the US people. If everyone: -Made it a point to buy local, domestically produced products regardless of price -Take pride in what you do for a living, and do it well -Quit electing idiot officials -Quite eating the bullshit the government and media feed to us -Raised their children well, instead of relying on the rest of the village first -Got rid of ANY sense of entitlement -Were willing to accept sacrifice as a way of life -NEVER owned a credit card -Made intelligent financial decisions based on actual research -Understood that their neighbors are their best friend and helped them in any way they could -Only bought what they needed and didn't play "keeping up with the Jones's"

We've already had our "fool me once, blame on you", we're into the "fool me again blame on me." We keep allowing ourselves to be fooled by everyone, the media, the government, lending institutions, insurance companies, advertising, etc. The REAL road to success is HARD, and no one wants to hear it. There is no magic pill, or easy money. Quit looking for it, anyone who tries to tell you different is a snake oil salesman. Do you think the farmers, carpenters and blacksmiths that built this country had it easy? What makes you any different? Prepare for long, hard work weeks and enough time at night to make sure that your children know as much or more as you do about something.

Toledo OH
Username hidden
(1422 posts)
1913 and Fiat currency

Winchester VA
Username hidden
(60 posts)
Gee, how did we get here! It started really in 1980's. First, it was determined that Social Security should end, the WWII vet's we dying off and we do not owe the rest of this country such a benefit. So, we passed spending bills for Military goods and but did not provide the taxes to pay for them. We passed other bills for more spending and did not pay for them. The plan was to run our debts up so high that something would have to be cut, you guessed it, Social Security. The second front was to look after our Corporations, so it was decided and passed by congress to allow the off shoring of jobs. Before this law, Corporations could go aboard and manufacture goods and services but they had to stay there. Today, we call it out sourcing, more unemployment and under employment. The third front was to allow illegals to come and work here. How did that happen. We just did not enforce the laws on our books that it is against the federal law to hire anyone not permitted to work here. The law says" you are to call the gov't and not hire them" but the reality was our govt looked the other way. Cheap labor reduced cost everyone benefits, right? The last nail in our coffin was the two wars not paid for(first time in the history of our country to kick the can down the road for a was) and then sending us over the cliff by tax cuts. So, if you want to return us to return to a stable economy and moving forward country for the people and buy the people, we need to fix the above issues now, not later.

New Castle DE
Username hidden
(24 posts)
Truly Sorry Mr. Vegas......

in a mix of words I included "your complaint about taxes and....when you pay no taxes"

that went from a personal response to the common complaint from many people about taxes. I am sure you did not really think i would even begin to know anything about your personal tax situation. i have never even been to Vegas.

As someone in the financial field for 21 years i know taxes intimately well and i can tell you the 30K to 50K range does not pay much, if any, federal tax. Obviously there are many things to determine this but as a whole.....

so....your complaint about taxes is hard to justify when many people in the aforementioned income bracket do not even pay taxes. if they do pay FIT they are likely paying an effective rate between 0 and 10% of total income. (maybe a little higher if they have no kids, spouse, home, etc. but even if they hit 15% which goes to $68,000 their effective rate is considerably lower.)

it is interesting to me to hear people talk about this and i actually look at tax returns so i then get to see what the inconoclastic client really pays.

as for the rest of your post.....i am only talking about taxes and was not making any inference to equality of bonus, pay, denial of coverage, etc.

i could easily agree with you had you said i bored people and made their eyes roll but i am doubting your comment that i offended a bunch of folks.

now back to the business of drinking, laughing, partying and getting naked.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2168 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... More 
Start   21 to 30 of 60   End
TOPIC: Who is to blame for the current economic problems