Stock Market Crash Course : Swingers Discussion 115068
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsBusinessStock Market Crash Course
TOPIC: Stock Market Crash Course
Created by: ProfileReview
Original Starting post for this thread:
(No pun intended, well maybe a little...)

I just read this in a news article:

"The fact is, people are scared and the only thing they're doing is selling,..."

If people are selling, someone has to be buying, so wouldn't the number of buyers and sellers always be equal? I've never understood this.

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 12   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Sometimes the sellers outnumber the buyers which is why I think the stocks can loose value. Economists don'tknow where the bottom is or when it will get there. I believe we have much more BEAR MARKET in the future. Listen to Ron Paul the man knows what he is talking about.

Woodland CA
Username hidden
(173 posts)
About damn time!!!!!

from cnnmoney.. "The stock advance picked up speed after Rep. Barney Frank, D-Mass. and the head of the U.S. House Financial Services Committee, said that the Securities and Exchange Commission would restore the "uptick rule." The SEC later confirmed to CNN that it could reinstate the rule as early as next month.

The uptick rule -- in place until July 2007 -- limited short sellers from adding to the downward momentum of a stock that was already plunging. In short selling, traders make money when the price of a stock falls. Critics say the ending of the rule exacerbated selling in the financial sector over the last year and a half."

Mountain Ranch CA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
Historically, the stock market bottoms 6 months prior to the economy bottoming. It's always ahead of main street. Most analysts are now saying that the market has bottomed or at least may have one more major dip in it to 6500, but then is on its' way upward. Many economists are looking at our economy now to bottom in June (2nd Q) of '09. That would would make since if the stock market is bottoming now.

Mountain Ranch CA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
If one has money to play with - there are cleraly some hot picks around on the stock market, however I think we did not see the worst and market might bottom around 2009 ...

Nevertheless at this point I would leave stocks long and will probably distribute half of my fortune in few known non-cyclical's while the other half i would fragment into large/mid cap companies (eg FNF,CAT,COP,SNP,X) purchased close to tangible book value. Than I would wait at least 5-10 years ....

Huntington Station NY
Username hidden
(5 posts)
It was one of the ones on the list I sent you 3 weeks ago to watch.

Another stock I should have bought that I knew was primed to climb and didn't was Hartford on Friday. Just Thursday evening analysts were recommending it. Instead, I was asleep at the wheel and my Dad scooped up several shares early Friday morning and by the afternoon had increased by almost 50%. Sigh...I'm still kicking myself. My Dad, brother and I are in a stock earnings competition with each other.

Mountain Ranch CA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
Last Thursday I bought a stock and it rose 54% in one afternoon.

Mountain Ranch CA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
Only those who don't know what they are doing are selling now. This is the time to buy. And yes, for everyone who sells stock there is someone who buys it. Don't believe the media hype. Bad news sells newspapers and it's human nature to complain about how bad things are. This is the time to buy. Everything is on sale cheap. The stocks I bought two weeks ago have already increased in value by almost 30%

Easton MD
Username hidden
(33 posts)
Day traders buy and sell stock in short term basis. this can be a great time of the worst time. depends if they know as much as think they do. its like fanasy football. the more you know about the whole nfl the better you will do, but the unforseen thing will screw you every time.

Wilder MN
Username hidden
(7 posts)
Well things are not that simple. Current equity (eg. stock) price is defined by bid/offer spread where certain number of people will be always buying and/or selling given equity, therefore for each buyer there is always a seller. Marginal situations like "there will be no seller/buyer" on stock markets with high liquidity are not existent, however if this happens Stock Exchange, employ several competing official market makers in a security. These market makers are required to maintain two-sided markets during exchange hours and are obligated to buy and sell at their displayed bids and offers. Company may also repurchase of outstanding shares (buy-back) in order to reduce the number of shares on the market.

Huntington Station NY
Username hidden
(5 posts)
To SIMBAXXX. Where ever did you get the idea that if you sell stock and no one wants to buy it, it then goes back to the company to hold until someone wants it??? I have a bridge for sale...cheap. Great investment. Interested???

Easton MD
Username hidden
(33 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 12   End
TOPIC: Stock Market Crash Course