Significance of AIG Bailout! : Swingers Discussion 1137341041
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsBusinessSignificance of AIG Bailout!
TOPIC: Significance of AIG Bailout!
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Start   41 to 48 of 48 
User Details are only visible to members.
spokespersons for both candidates attempted to back pedal their way out of the gaff as well. What's really troubling is the opinion held by many of the subject matter experts making the rounds on the talk shows regarding the feds and the current administration. Not good.

Nanjemoy MD
Username hidden
(2045 posts)
"I would trust the minds of the best economists in the world over these politicians any day of the week! "

The fact that both candidates on both sides stated they wouldn't have bailed out AIG.... doesn't reassure me that either has the background or expertise to handle our country's complex economy. EVERY major economist I have seen interviewed has stated it was the only real solution available without turning the entire world in to a tail spin. Just great... both candidates were against it....just great....

Mountain Ranch CA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
I'm going to learn Mandarin Chinese...

Nanjemoy MD
Username hidden
(2045 posts)
I think if you can't explain a stock transaction in one paragraph, it should be illegal. Have you ever tried to understand short selling in the comedies markets. And I am an engineer.

Graceham MD
Username hidden
(102 posts)
Yes, most agree - there is money to be made on this bailout. I don't see this as a bad thing.

I am surprised at the market's reaction to the news this morning....however, 1/3 of the loss is due to AIG's stock, so it's not as bad as it looks.

Mountain Ranch CA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
What gripes my ass... the Feds had the chance on Friday to step in and it would have only cost $25 billion to bailout AIG. However, when their credit was downgraded over the weekend, that changed it to $85 billion. DUMB move for the Feds to react so slowly.

Mountain Ranch CA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
AIG is in 130 countries with over 100,000 employees. Had the FEDS not loaned them money (they have to pay it back), it would have created a worldwide depression like we have never seen. It would have created a dominio effect. They HAD to bail them out...there was no alternative. They are just too big.

Also, let's understand that it isn't the typical "bail out". It's a loan that has to be paid back by AIG by them selling off their assets....with the FEDS getting a 79% in.

These are amazing times. However, most financial advisors who predicted last year that these were on the horizon, state that most all that are going out of business are faultering now. That means the bottom has been reached - or is very close and better times on the horizon....although it will be a SLOW climb back up the ladder.

Mountain Ranch CA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
I agree it would hurt many but part of me says let it go. A good hurting may wake up people. A bailout only perpetuates a broken system.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16820 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Start   41 to 48 of 48 
TOPIC: Significance of AIG Bailout!