Significance of AIG Bailout! : Swingers Discussion 1137341011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsBusinessSignificance of AIG Bailout!
TOPIC: Significance of AIG Bailout!
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Start   11 to 20 of 48   End
User Details are only visible to members.
It's a necessary evil. Last week major banks froze all loans to other banks. That action is what spurred this entire event. Major banks halting all loans (freezing credit), if continued, will send the USA in to "a deep and abrupt depression." Our last depression had unemployement rate of 30% of the nation unemlpyed. I don't think we want to go there and they are saying we easily will go there if we dont' have a bailout.

Mountain Ranch CA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
So, we have now seen the outline of the bailout plan...

I read "Shock Doctrine" a couple of weeks ago.

It looks to me as if this is right out of that playbook.

Give us $700 billion no strings attached...

Privatize profits, socialize losses...

In the words of one of the VP candidates, "Thanks, but no thanks..."

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17378 posts)
I don't make pretty speeches, so I doubt I would be all that popular.

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
So, Sweet, when are you running for office?

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17378 posts)
Here's a couple of things they were talking about on the show I was listening to...

If a company accepts federal money to be "bailed out," they would agree to some or all of the following;

Restrictions on the payment of bonuses

Restrictions on the compensation of top officers

More transparency

Remember, this is only if they accept federal bail out money. If they don't want to, let them fail...

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17378 posts)
Unfortunately WE are not the government anymore. Everyone votes into office who THEY think will do the better job. When these people get into office WE no longer matter until election time comes around again. Since when does a federal decision come down to a vote from US? How many politicians get elected to do the right thing for the "working man/woman" just to abandon them so they can line their own pockets? To say that WE are still the government is a long dead dream that has turned into a nightmare full of lies and corruption. If WE don't like someone in office, WE vote them out just so WE can put someone else in their place that is no better than they were. That is the problem with people produced from political machines and career politicians. WE will not control the government until WE put THEM out and put some of US in. Until then we are not citizens; we are subjects, but we are conditioned to accept our subjugation through political news shows, schools and universities.

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
Sorry Sweet but you seem to think the government is someone else.... WE are the government...WE make the rules....WE put the people in the office to do our work. I have absolutely no problems with rules and regulations as long as WE have vote on it. Granted, I think there can be too many rules and regulations that could hinder us. However, rules and regulations are wonderful things that allow many of us to sleep at night if used appropriately.

I have no problem with businesses going out of business as long as they don't fuck up the economy. Once they affect the economy as a whole....then I have a real problem with that because they are affecting my wallet when I personally did nothing to warrant it. This whole situation of these huge banks and businesses folding would have directly affect your quality of life. No doubt about it.

Mountain Ranch CA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
"That is the all important question that most likely will be burdened by the next administration. Rules and regulations will have to change and it will take cooperation from both sides to agree on them."

Just more government control. I'm sorry but if a company folds, I don't care how big or important, let it fold. If the feds won't bail out mom & pop then they shouldn't bail out the multi-million dollar companies. This is the last thing we need. More government control. What's next? Baseball? Oops, they already put their hands in that. Now the government will be able set new rules and regulations to not only make their money back but to make more on top of that. Plus a great way to control the citizens through retirement, home lenders, insurance and much more. This is a dangerous acquisition.

Spencer TN
Username hidden
(6440 posts)
All the big economists seem to agree that you have to regulate to some capacity. Transactions need to be more "transparent" and our regulations need to be modernized from the '50s current standards where there was no instant internet transactions. Things happen much faster now and our guidelines haven't changed to accomidate them.

Mountain Ranch CA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
"What I want to know is what will be put into place to prevent or reduce the chance of this happening again. "

That is the all important question that most likely will be burdened by the next administration. Rules and regulations will have to change and it will take cooperation from both sides to agree on them.

Mountain Ranch CA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Start   11 to 20 of 48   End
TOPIC: Significance of AIG Bailout!