Our Nation has been stolen : Swingers Discussion 115333101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsBusinessOur Nation has been stolen
TOPIC: Our Nation has been stolen
Created by: menos
Original Starting post for this thread:
This is a synopsis of our real plight...it is actually much worse than this... please take the time and become enlightened to what is going on behind the curtain.... worlwideweb dot financialsense dot com/Experts/2008/Burrell.html I think its time for a Constitutional Convention to restore our Republic !
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 28   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Well we were actually discussing the topic a few posts ago....so I think we are all capable of reading and posting to a forum on SLS.

I am really upset that you dont give a damn about me...I will stay up tonight and see if I can find a way to make you like me!

"All I am trying to say is"...I have been posting in two forums repeatedly and you seem to have a comment wherever I post so...maybe you should not keep replying to my comments.

By the way...I do understand!

Now, please can someone restart the intelligent dialogue about "Our Nation has been stolen".....I was actually enjoying it before we were so rudely interrupted.

Richmond VA

Username hidden
(195 posts)
Seduction...

I have to admit that you are quite entertaining! However, I get the feeling that your main intention is to try and get under peoples skin. Nice attempt but it takes a little more than your comments to do that to me. At least we both agree that swinging is fun! I dont think the forum was dead...we were having a discussion about the original posted topic and then took a slight turn down Nort Capitol Street. I guess that was bound to happen with a topic like this.

Richmond VA

Username hidden
(195 posts)
Seduction, thank you.

I enjoy a good political discussion of the issues, backed up by facts, not just opinion. Sadly, most folks form political opinion based on sound bites, preconceptions and personalities. They won't acknowledge or accept facts that run counter to their dearly held beliefs. That's why I usually avoid political discussions online.

And it's not limited to one end of the political spectrum. It's a lot of fun to piss off the conservatives and the liberals at the same time by pointing out that gun control and the war on drugs both have roots in racism. You can almost hear peoples heads exploding when you cite the historical references.

BTW, I didn't consider this a political discussion... facts themselves are very neutral. How you interpret them leads to opinion.

Columbia MD

Username hidden
(1269 posts)
Are we still discussion the original post "Our Nation has been stolen"

Richmond VA

Username hidden
(195 posts)
-Why don't you quote some people who were in the position to know, like maybe the Iraq Survey Group, instead of politicians trying to pander?

::shrug:: There are similar quotes from the same people (as well as other high ranking officials) going back to 1998. I've even seen quotes from foreign leaders. Who were they pandering to?

As for the Iraq Survey Group... it's easy to make statements with the perfect clarity of 20/20 hindsight when you have boots on the ground and can inspect where ever and when ever you wish. Monday morning quarterbacks ALWAYS win the big game. The hard part is making the decision at the time with imperfect intelligence.

But, you want from the Iraq Survey Group? How about David Kay, the man who lead it? All three quotes are his and can be found online.

"I would also point out that many governments that chose not to support this war - certainly, the French president, Jacques Chirac, as I recall in April of last year, referred to Iraq's possession of WMD."

"The Germans certainly - the intelligence service believed that there were WMD. It turns out that we were all wrong..."

"In my judgment, based on the work that has been done to this point of the Iraq Survey Group, and in fact, that I reported to you in October, Iraq was in clear violation of the terms of U.N.Resolution 1441."

Columbia MD

Username hidden
(1269 posts)
Why don't you quote some people who were in the position to know, like maybe the Iraq Survey Group, instead of politicians trying to pander?

Lakeside CA

Username hidden
(17276 posts)
-The question is did he have them in 2003. And the answer is no. They were destroyed, or degraded. And we knew it.

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country." Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002.

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power." Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002.

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years . We also should remember we have alway s underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction." Sen. Jay Rockerfeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002,

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members. It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons." Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction. "[W]ithout question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation. And now he has continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real ... Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003.

Columbia MD

Username hidden
(1269 posts)
I never brought up Republican or Democrats. I simply stated my opinion a few post back and someone turned it into this conservative vs liberal argument. I am simply speaking from a common mans point of view. I dont care about being Democrat or Republican. If the same thing happened while the current president was in office I would say the same thing....and yes I agree there are a lot of folks that could be blamed....Exactly why I said Clinton was not and will not be the only politician to lie under oath but getting back to the original post..."Our Nation has been stolen.." I agree with the person that stated...there was nothing to steal!

Richmond VA

Username hidden
(195 posts)
"Then the lies go back to 1992."

Here we go again.

There is no question that Saddam had WMD at one time. Maybe even 1992. We should know. We sold them to him.

The question is did he have them in 2003. And the answer is no. They were destroyed, or degraded. And we knew it.

Lakeside CA

Username hidden
(17276 posts)
-others have lied and 1,000s of people have died,

Then the lies go back to 1992. Remember, the president, the secretary of state and a host of other US Officials (Democrat and Republican), as well as the intelligence agencies for all the major world powers said that there were WMD in Iraq. The information is easy to find online.

In fact, Bill authorized several air strikes to pressure them to allow UN weapons inspectors. He eventually stopped the air strikes, the UN stopped the inspections and we didn’t find out the true nature of their WMD program till the invasion.

-people have lost their jobs, people have lost their homes...

True enough… The government has been encouraging (and pressuring) lenders for more than 70 years to reduce the cost of borrowing to increase the home ownership rate. FANNIE MAE and FREDDIE MAC have been government backed since about 1970 to make it easier to get low cost, guaranteed loans. Nixon was president at the time, and I believe that the Democrats had one, if not both houses. The balance of power has changed back and forth many times since then, but the pursuit of cheap, guaranteed loans never faltered.

In short, there’s LOTS of blame to go spread around to both the major parties for this mess. Anyone who won’t admit that is deluding themselves.

-I believe the original post was about how America has been stolen...

The original post shouldn't have been allowed to stay here. It was very obviously an attempt to start a political debate outside of the politics forum... and it succeeded.

-and I was saying there is nothing to steal because we have already been "sold out"...thats what I'm here to discuss.

Really? It looked as if you were taking a back handed slap at the outgoing administration while saying that it’s ok to lie under oath to prevent an embarrassing court defeat… as long as it’s only about a blowjob.

Columbia MD

Username hidden
(1269 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 28   End
TOPIC: Our Nation has been stolen