Green Energy - Solar - Wind : Swingers Discussion 1242431021
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsBusinessGreen Energy - Solar - Wind
TOPIC: Green Energy - Solar - Wind
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
Start   21 to 30 of 34   End
User Details are only visible to members.
this is very cool. i contacted a firm in DE to come up and quote it to start the process.

my house hits east (rear) and west (front) so i assume i could get away with roof only. we have acres but i do not want anything on the ground. looking forward to getting this under way.

this certainly proves that swinging is not all about the sex-right?

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2202 posts)
3KW is about 6 panels. I don't know what credits and rebates your state gives you on top of the 30% from the FEDS. Google solar installers in your area and their websites should tell you.

Mountain Ranch CA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
so what am i looking at to install a 3w system? and how big is your 6W

thanks..

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2202 posts)
A 3KW system is about as small as most people will go. If you only use 2,000, then the 3KW would cover you.

Mountain Ranch CA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
We use between 2,000-3,000 a month, so a 6KW system is almost double what we need. However, our excess is sold back to the electric company after we store in battery backup 4 days supply of energy.

Mountain Ranch CA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
i use about 2,000KwH per mo on average. i trust that would require a large set of panels.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2202 posts)
so what is the sq. footage needed to power the enitre home? maybe i just skip the H2O panel idea.

any good websites?

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2202 posts)
The panels will provide 100% of our electric needs and solar hot water.

ERV is a unit draws air out of the house and replaces it by sending fresh air into the house. Ours is a stand alone system, but you can buy them to attach to your furnace and air conditioning systems, using their duct work.

Mountain Ranch CA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
very cool. pun not intended.

will your panels provide anything beyond H2O?

how does erv work?

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2202 posts)
Lucky you, J! We got a bid to put in geothermal in to our new house and it was $85,000. OUCH! We would have to live to be 200 years old to get that payback. We are putting in solar water and a 6KW array of panels. Between California incentives and the Feds about 50% of it will be paid for in tax credits or rebates. However, to qualify for those rebates and get into the New Home Solar Partnership program, we have to build it to exceed the Title 24 energy standards by 15%.

We are also putting in an ERV (energy recovery ventilation) to bring in fresh air into the house, since the envelope will be so tight. In 2011, all new homes built in California will be required to have an ERV.

Our new house will have no air conditioning because it will be cooled by the passive chimney effect.

Mountain Ranch CA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
Start   21 to 30 of 34   End
TOPIC: Green Energy - Solar - Wind