Green Energy - Solar - Wind : Swingers Discussion 1242431011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsBusinessGreen Energy - Solar - Wind
TOPIC: Green Energy - Solar - Wind
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
Start   11 to 20 of 34   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Thanks for the input.

Columbia MD
Username hidden
(1280 posts)
We just got our Title 24 energy calcs back and we had to exceed the standards by 15% to qualify for the New Solar Home Partnership program. Our energy standards exceeded by 38.7%. Wooo Hoo!!

Mountain Ranch CA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
So here's a question for the folks with solar.

What happens when you have to replace your roof?

I'm figuring we're about 7 years away from needing to do that. If I've got solar on the roof, do we completely dismantle and reinstall after the new shingles are in place?

That's certainly something I would have to factor in to any calculations.

Columbia MD
Username hidden
(1280 posts)
during our intial conversation the engineer indicated, based on sq ft, ,etc that we might be receiving benefits totaling 2/3, but that was initial conversation. they did our geothermal system so i certainly will give them the benefit of doubt until i see more.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2183 posts)
All the tax credits and rebates in CA get you about 50% off the cost of your unit here. Even a little more if your house is certified by the Energy Commission to be in the New Solar Home Partnership program (NSHP). You have to exceed the state's energy building standards (Title 24) by 15% to qualify for the added extra rebates. Along with those energy calcs, all furance, hot water heater, AC, stove fans, lights, and appliances in the entire house have to be Energy Star rated and certified.

Mountain Ranch CA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
i have 3 vendors coming here for an assessment within the next few days. they are looking at both wind and solar. the grants in pa along with the federal credits are making a very strong case for all of this so i am encouraged.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2183 posts)
*The hazard though is how the snow drops from the panels. Believe me when I tell you, that you do not, under any circumstances want to be there when that snow slides down. *

We wanted a metal roof on our house and they said it would be too dangerous because it would make it easier for the snow to slide off. Snow is an insulator and you want to keep that snow on the roof (provided your house is built to take the snow load).

We don't have enough wind for a turbine either.

Mountain Ranch CA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
i don't know what average wind production you need to run an individual mill but there are a bunch around here. i have spoken to 2 of those who have them and they feel they were worth every penny. i don't know enough to really evaluate them but the variance alone will stop me dead.

we personally live on a large open tract that funnels wind to our house like a tunnel.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2183 posts)
good point sim. i will definitely be listening for ideas on the roof when they come to quote the system.

i am surprised they have some sort of built in heater-solar powered of course. i will not be able to get to the rear facing roof so if snow covering is a problem then i am out of luck and will need to go to the ground.

this sounds like a better way to go than wind. i will not need to go to the township for solar according to my calls today. the windmill however would take tons of variances which i have no desire to fool with.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2183 posts)
We don't want panels on our roof due to snow coverage in the winter. We are putting them on 2 poles (easier to clean the snow off) along with an automatic tracking system so they move with the sun. If the roof they are on doesn't face South... most likely they will recommend them on the ground so they can face south. Otherwise, you won't get optimum coverage.

Mountain Ranch CA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
Start   11 to 20 of 34   End
TOPIC: Green Energy - Solar - Wind