Gold : Swingers Discussion 141761
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsBusinessGold
TOPIC: Gold
Created by: Simbaxxx
Original Starting post for this thread:
Anyone riding the breakout on gold? Just about all the analysts state it will be $1300 to $1500 by the end of the year and the potential to hit $2000 in 2010. I don't doubt it. I finally cashed in all my stocks and bought GLD for the bullion ride to come. As we keep printing money... Gold will keep climbing.

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 19   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Dude, why are you wearing a diaper in that picture?

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17357 posts)
This just hit the fan a few days ago. Obama just sold the water of the Great Lakes to China while half of the US faces Extreme water crises out west. Just check it out.

Greensburg PA
Username hidden
(97 posts)
I would invest in water and oil. There is not enough gold, Silver to back anything.

Greensburg PA
Username hidden
(97 posts)
Is English a second language for you?

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(16811 posts)
Wow how time flies? I realized what a bigger loss was...the new $100 dollar bills when the whole first shipment went missing! But even then when we lost all our new bills to ? at least we didn't go bankrupt....maybe the answer lies in nobody can fathom how much money is really out there. It is really diversified. Sorry so late on the uptake..hello from the fawna!

Sacramento CA
Username hidden
(2 posts)
esqxxx- your responding to a post that is over 1000 days old. In other words 3+ years.

Welcome to the Fora.

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17840 posts)
I think you guys are nutz. While Gold has gone up, it always has this is nothing new. But weight of compairison though how much more has the expensise of you daily life change...the gas in your car....even worse do the math on the ink in printer cartridge vs carbon paper of the past!

What has moved and will always move by greater leaps in compairison is Silver. History will show even in America there was a point in time that price of Silver surpassed that of Gold. Which leads me to my next point...the printing of Money. Did you know that if were to check the Alaminac for the Number and amount of Coins made it would be steady as if they came and were only able to be supplied from your Piggie Bank; from year to year to year. As for the printing of Money; where would have it go. A town or district is only as rich as the amount of cash in its Banks. What changed in our generation is the simple fact that other Nations and Countries actually use the American Dollar as their basis or functional Economy...we printed more because more people needed it...and was found stable.

Trust me the price of Insurance has not Skyrocketed. Also your fear is unfounded. Again in our generation such countries as France has had there economy completely change. The old Franc was at 100 to 1 the new Centime which by formula would almost make one think that their Franc suffered a 99 to 100% loss. And really if you thought that Gold was your answer for a collapse of the dollar, your gonna be screwed when you try to liquidate...what you would want is to have diversified your backing as in Foriegn Funds as apposed to the person with only American Dollars and some Gold...you think above the rest yours will demand top dollar...or just be what the economy was based on too?

If you want to save for Gold or even Silver a good investment has always been the Proof Set of Coins. The Mint Proof Set. If you want my Advice get the set from San Francisco, the one that is actually Silver for all the coins. Why can it be Silver, simple they are proof coins and can not by definition ever be seen in circulation...but by being in a proof it by default actually be a sample of Silver as we see it today or when it was Minted....yes it changes all the time. Oh ya the best way to buy a Mint Set of Coins from the Mint is by Tax Return Money...if you think about it, it is probable just a way to wonder about the Money's Roll?

Oh by the way the value of your Gold coins are based on the value of the dollar meaning as the dollar catches up to the price of Gold per Oz the coin becomes more valuable in trade. This is proven over and over again...see Silver and the Price of a Yen and what happened when the Yen caught up to it coin.

Lastly I too think I am nutz for tell you this. Really I don't need another arguement in my life. But money is about the least important thing to me...for it has always been my belief that money is the ONLY artificial joy...on that note though...I never said this next part...but the Senate Did a few year back...You want stability in the Economy; take a look at Cocain. The Street Value price for a Quarter has not changed in like forever!!! Don't worry thou, I don't think we will ever have economy based on it, for I would immagine too many people would end up having money to burn if you know what I mean?

Sacramento CA
Username hidden
(2 posts)
A trustworthy source, by all means. If you must buy gold from someone you don't know, take the bars or coins to a trusted local gold dealer or coins dealer for verification.

This means physical gold. At this point I would not trust paper gold, like GLD and such, or SDRs, because they have the same problem as paper money: they are only claims on wealth, not actual wealth. It's real easy to print such certificates beyond the actual gold holdings of the issuer. Then as with franctional banking, if everyone tries to retrieve their deposit simultaneously, the majority gets a surprise.

Honolulu HI
Username hidden
(137 posts)
I bought gold coins at $600 when Microsoft stock was $30 (2007) Now each coin is worth $1400 and Microsoft stock is worth $26

Honolulu HI
Username hidden
(137 posts)
If the world keeps turning in their dollars for gold we really will be in a lot of trouble. inflation will go nuts.

Davis CA
Username hidden
(149 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 19   End
TOPIC: Gold