Dow hits 13,000 : Swingers Discussion 778341091
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsBusinessDow hits 13,000
TOPIC: Dow hits 13,000
GoTo Page: Less ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Start   91 to 100 of 146   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I just heard that the Feds are leaning towards a bail out of AIG. Their rational is that AIG is so huge, that most likely it's bankrupt would affect almost every citizen of the USA in some way. If they don't bail them out..what happens to all those citizens that have paid in their annuities, the life insurance policies, the investments etc. Geeeze.. what a mess.

What is bothering me at this point- I view the President as a figure head. He doesn't have that much daily influence in my life. It's Congress that controls my daily life and their decisions. Dems have controlled Congress the past few years...aaaaaahh, that doesn't set well with me and what our current events. I really don't think it matters much who is President...what matters is who is voting rules, regulations and changes in the House and Senate. EITHER candidate can be for change and when he gets in to office get nothing accomplished without the backing of the House and Senate. My fear - who ever gets in to office will get jacked around by the House and Senate because they will be polarized with the "passion" about their candidate losing. Frankly, I think either way we go - the person is fucked.

Mountain Ranch CA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
Clinton started this problem and congress has not responded since then even with GWB telling them to adress the problem for 8 years.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
AIG is next folks... Several months ago I postulated that W's presidency and policies would leave this country's economy in a state similar to that experienced in the late 70's through the early 80's eg, double digit conventional mortgage interest rates, explosive fuel costs, runaway inflation and upward spiraling unemployment. Seems the picture is almost complete. Latest unemployment figures will top 6% appraoching 7% for the first time in decades. Many are PRAYING the fed will lower the prime in an effort to counter the effects of the credit crisis but secretly admit such a move will result in a worthless US dollar. There can be no doubt, America can no longer afford to look the other way. BOTH candidates have acknowleged corporate greed and excess have taken their toll on the American economy. Now BOTH candidates speak of change. One speaks of change and an end to policies favoring corporate welfare. The only change evidenced by the rhetoric of the other is that representing and effort to change or more accurately report, distance himself from those policies which have lead us to this all time low. Yet only one dare acknowlege, we can no longer afford to build another nation whilst ours CRUMBLES. That candidate UNDERSTANDS what it means to PUT AMERICA FIRST.

That candidate is Barrack Obama.

Nanjemoy MD
Username hidden
(2045 posts)
Sept. 16 (Bloomberg) -- Barack Obama and John McCain, who criticized and called for more regulation of Wall Street yesterday, count Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. and Merrill Lynch & Co. among the biggest donors to their presidential campaigns.

Both Obama and McCain have received more contributions from employees of securities and investment companies than from any other donors; both are now calling for regulations the industry has resisted.

Through July 31, the last month for which figures are available, employees working for securities and investment firms, and their families, gave $9.9 million to Obama, a Democratic senator from Illinois. They gave $6.9 million to McCain, a Republican senator from Arizona.

Overall, these donors have given $685 million to federal campaigns and the parties from 1989 to 2008, according to the Washington-based Center for Responsive Politics, which tracks political giving.

``The price for that is the economic system we're currently in,'' said former Representative Bob Edgar, a Pennsylvania Democrat who now heads Common Cause, a Washington-based advocacy group.

Tougher Oversight

Over the weekend, Lehman filed for bankruptcy protection and Merrill agreed to be bought by Bank of America Corp., and the presidential candidates used their stump speeches yesterday to advocate tougher oversight of Wall Street.

At a rally in Grand Junction, Colorado, Obama, 47, called for ``modernizing'' regulations. Speaking in Jacksonville, Florida, McCain, 72, said he would ``replace the outdated, patchwork quilt of regulatory oversight.''

Employees of New York-based Lehman, the fourth-largest U.S. investment bank, have been among the most generous donors to both candidates. They have given $370,524 to Obama through July 31, making those workers and their families his 10th biggest source of campaign cash; they were the 15th largest contributors to McCain's campaign, with $117,500. McCain's largest campaign donors were employees of New York-based Merrill Lynch and their families, who gave $298,413.

In addition, securities and investment industry executives are among the biggest fundraisers for both presidential nominees. McCain's top fundraisers include John Thain, chief executive of Merrill Lynch, who brought in more than $500,000. Robert Wolf, chairman for the Americas at UBS AG, has raised more than $500,000 for Obama.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17112 posts)
FJ the liberal puppets can never talk about their candidate...empty suit nothing good to say...lol

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
OK Fj, how do you feel about McCain's latest postion regarding CEO pay?

Nanjemoy MD
Username hidden
(2045 posts)
And BTW Obama is still a Liar, weak, inept, inexperienced, and a BORE!!!

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19410 posts)
LMFAO....Cher throwing insults is name calling anyway you look at it...LOL you are too funny...Ranting and rabid attacks ARE incoherent and accomplish nothing. But by all means continue..

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19410 posts)
Fj, the statement "you are weak and a bore" refers to character traits possessed by you as relates to your apparent inability to respond ina coherent fashion to any of the factual information I have presented in these fora. This is distinguishable from name calling. Name calling is TOS

Nanjemoy MD
Username hidden
(2045 posts)
"Interest rates might be just a little higer at that time, but you'll be buying for pennys on the dollar. I predict gigantic defaults, and a tumbling real estate market."

Now is the time to buy...not four years from now. MANY of the major markets have already bottomed and the homes are now appreciating. I can name them all, but Denver is a typical example. It was a depreciating market for over a year and as of this past February it started appreciating. Home values have increased every month since then. California is now flatting out. It was depreciating 4%+ a month and has slowed way down - approaching the reversal like so many other major markets. We have a home for sale up in the sierras and Realtors up there have said the past 2 months foot traffic has increased again. People are finally secure in seeing the the values stabilize.

Mountain Ranch CA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Start   91 to 100 of 146   End
TOPIC: Dow hits 13,000