Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Business Dow hits 13,000
TOPIC: Dow hits 13,000
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... More 
Start   21 to 30 of 146   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"You would think that the conservatives would have learned their lesson Bigger Government isn't the answer to every problem!" ================================================ Ohhh LORD your joking right, this from a liberal from the party of Do Not Wipe Yer Own Ass, that's what democrats are for...

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19550 posts)
It always amazes me how the conservatives screw things up then blame it on the other guy. If you say it often enough it must be true! The Republicans have been locked step with Bush for the last 8 years. It's obvious why we have these problems now. There is no doubt the Republicans screwed this one up. The big question for the American people is do we have the party who screwed it up try to fix it or do we try another approach.

I just put in a death benefit claim to AIG on a life insurance policy for $35,000 last week! Sure glad McCain wasn't in charge! He didn't like the fact that the Fed loaned them Billions at 11% interest! If McCain were in charge he would have started a commission who would have studied the problem then reported back next year sometime. Then he could simply ignor the recomendations. That's exactly what we need is more government. You would think that the conservatives would have learned their lesson Bigger Government isn't the answer to every problem!

It's time we have leaders who take the lead and actually do something rather than just talk about it!

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(601 posts)
Not if you know the FACTS Sim..it is very clear this is the Dem's mess...read the article! Thank you AZQT!

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
K

I have no idea what you are talking about.

lol.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17386 posts)
Not if you are Island or Vegas either.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17386 posts)
Destin I think there is plenty of blame for both sides.

Mountain Ranch CA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
Was money laundering involved in the Obama-Rezko land deal? This is a topic that has bothered me for a long time. When I first heard of the Obama-Rezko land deal (in some detail), my first thought was that the deal stunk of money laundering. I was certain that some enterprising activist would eventually connect these dots, even as pure speculation. As far as I can tell, nobody has specifically said that the Obama-Rezko deal amounted to money laundering. So I am going to make the case right now.

The details of the deal

In 2004, Barack Obama had just become the junior senator from Illinois. At that point in time, Obama already had a 15-year association with sleazy Chicago power-broker Tony Rezko. Rezko had been a regular contributor to Obama throughout his political career. Rezko, and people connected to him, contributed more than $120,000 to Obama's 2004 campaign for the U.S. Senate

Also in 2004, Rezko was under federal investigation for fraud, money laundering, and other offenses.

Sometime in 2005, the Obamas became interested in purchasing a Chicago property offered for sale by a doctor. The property consisted of two parcels: 1) a lot with a house described as a "mansion" listed for sale at $1,950,000, and 2) an adjacent vacant lot listed for sale at $625,000.

According to multiple reports, the owner wanted to sell the properties at the same time, but the Obamas didn't have the money to complete the deal.

In sharp contrast to his tough talk about ethics reform in government, Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., approached a well-known Illinois political fixer under active federal investigation, Antoin "Tony" Rezko, for "advice" as he sought to find a way to buy a house shortly after being elected to the United States Senate. The parcel included an adjacent lot which Obama told the Chicago Tribune he could not afford because "it was already a stretch to buy the house." Did you get that? Obama approached Rezko about the deal. Incredibly enough, the Obamas ended up getting their mansion in a sweet deal for $300,000 below the asking price. On that same day, the adjacent lot was sold to Rezko's wife for the asking price of $625,000 (i.e. no discount).

Six months later, after it was widely known that Reko was under investigation, the Obamas paid another $100,000, this time directly to the Rezkos, for a strip of land out of the vacant lot. According to an American Thinker article, the two lots still appear to be maintained as a single yard.

Obama would later say that the second transaction was "boneheaded" given the ongoing investigation against Rezko, but Obama seems to deny knowing of any investigation during the initial purchase.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
We buy oil from that region in what quantity? Biggest consumer of oil from that region is Russia and China.

Nanjemoy MD
Username hidden
(2045 posts)
the libs are cowards and anti Americans when they would buy foreign terrorists oil rather than drill in America for Americans.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
GREAT! Glad to see the Dems have found their balls. No more BLOOD for OIL!

Nanjemoy MD
Username hidden
(2045 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... More 
Start   21 to 30 of 146   End
TOPIC: Dow hits 13,000