Dow hits 13,000 : Swingers Discussion 7783410141
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsBusinessDow hits 13,000
TOPIC: Dow hits 13,000
GoTo Page: Less ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Start   141 to 146 of 146 
User Details are only visible to members.
And buy is what I just did. It was only 6 months ago this market hit 12200 and now over 13K. How long will it go no one knows but as long as dividends are up the economy will ride on that. Even with higher gas prices predicted it continues to climb. Are they fighting or discounting the effects of fuel prices.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
Well it is early yet. The Dow hit 13k just after trading started this morning. Let's wait until 4pm and we will see where the dust settles. Real estate is affected by various mechanisms. In order to put the "bubble" into perspective, one has to see where we were coming from. Real estate grew rapidly with the advent of historically low intrust rates. This made money very cheap and also some of the lending practices also made money ''Extremely' easy to be had. As in all things the market is a great equalizer. With rising intrust rates ( to combat the threat of inflation) we saw reduction in mortgage applications. This led to a slowing down of the real estate markets. We also have a situation where bad lending practices led to problems with the portfolio carried be these lenders. This is not the only thing however to be looked at when one tries to assess what is happening. It is only one facet if you will. One has to look at the overall picture ie the strength of the economy, the level of employment in any given area. This will tell a better picture as to what is happening in the real estate market and the picture looks good. What I see is a tremendous buying opportunity.

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
Lucky,

I think I might agree with what you are attempting to point out. However, IMHO President Bush and his staff only have themselves to blame, as they have not done well in communicating the positive things that are a result of his time in office.

President Bush is not a great speaker and that has hurt him with a press that uses that weakness to focus only on the negatives. Both President Clinton and President Reagan were great communicators with excellent wit and charisma. When the press went after either of them, they were quick in rebutting same with tact, class and humor. Although that is a form of spin, it also gave the impression that they were truly in charge and being the leader we elected. President Bush's lack of charisma and his slow speaking style, does not give many people confidence.

The sad thing is all of the above has nothing to do with how they actually do their job, it is all perception. However, perception is important and many times is confused with reality, but can also reflect reality. As I have repeatedly stated I disagree on many issues with our current President. I just don't get the unwarranted hatred of a man, who is obviously doing what he thinks is best for the country. You can disagree with his policies, but the attacks on him personally are childish, unwarranted and based on outlandish conspiracy theories.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
The DOW means nothing. It's a collection of 30 stocks that don't really reflect anything of significance. I mean who cares if McDonalds or General Motors is up or down?

If you want something worthwhile to follow, you should be looking into the real estate bubble that's going on right now. Lot's of people are about to lose a huge amount of supposed equity in their homes do to plummeting real estate values.

Goose Creek SC
Username hidden
(1690 posts)
What? I guess I should have put this in the" news we dont hear" thread.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
Is the economy taking a back seat to the war in Iraq? Are dems deflecting attention away from a good thing for political gain? Honest question even the NY Times skirts the economy to the back pages to throw Iraq to the front page.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Start   141 to 146 of 146 
TOPIC: Dow hits 13,000