Considering some house parties, but : Swingers Discussion 231517
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsBusinessConsidering some house parties, but
TOPIC: Considering some house parties, but
Created by: askmeok1
Original Starting post for this thread:
.... we aren't sure of the rules. Specifically taking money to defray costs of food and mixers, etc. We're not looking to be commercial or take a profit. Are there any other pitfalls we haven't thought of?
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 5 of 5 
User Details are only visible to members.
We supply the goodies...then it's the other couples turn!

Lake Hamilton FL

Username hidden
(33 posts)
We do house parties pretty frequently, about every 4-6 weeks. It definitly gets expensive but you do open yourselve to further liability if you charge an entrance fee. What we have done in the past is just put out a tip jar with a sign,some guests will throw in a few bucks others wont. Only other option you really have is to try and get everyone to bring a dish or other supplies. We typically leave some of that to our guests and it works out but you do need to have regular supplies on hand all the time.

Lastly, and probably the most imporant... know your guests. We tend to only invite 10-20% new couples to our events and only after they are screened and or vouched for from a couple we know. You need to trust your guests to not do anything silly like sue, should an issue arise.

Melville NY

Username hidden
(12 posts)
Yeah, that is EXACTLY the scenario I am trying to avoid. I guess I'm trying to see where the line between, say, bringing a covered dish vs. an admission ticket is.

I really have no interest in making any money, but something appearing as trivial as light hors d'oeuvres and mixers can add up pretty quickly.

Shallotte NC

Username hidden
(11 posts)
Check your homeowner's insurance...Was at a house party one time and a woman was dancing on the fireplace hearth, holding onto the mantle...it came loose and she fell and it fell on top of her. So now you have a guest needing medical services and a broken mantle...how would your insurance deal with the issues, especially if the injured party admits they "paid" to be at your party?

North Las Vegas NV

Username hidden
(21 posts)
.... we aren't sure of the rules. Specifically taking money to defray costs of food and mixers, etc. We're not looking to be commercial or take a profit. Are there any other pitfalls we haven't thought of?

Shallotte NC

Username hidden
(11 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 5 of 5 
TOPIC: Considering some house parties, but