What is Risk : Swingers Discussion 46612
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsBDSMWhat is Risk
TOPIC: What is Risk
Created by: mischiefnyou
Original Starting post for this thread:
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 5 of 5 
User Details are only visible to members.
The question needs to be "What is acceptable risk?". That is something that can only be determined by the skill level of each participant. Even playing within the boundaries of that concept, shit happens. Legs collapse without notice and the blade impales under a shoulder, a set of sights and sounds triggers an unfortunate lost memory, the target shifts and the lash bites a tad too deeply. The main risk in each of these situations is of not being in the care of a dominant who will deal promptly and efficiently with the outcomes.

Murphy's law is always operating. That is why risk aware is not always safe.

Phoenix AZ

Username hidden
(159 posts)
Excitement? How about fear, loathing, sexual arrousal, trust, bonding, connection, hate/love, pain-pleasure-pain until pain is pleasure....

Yes...what fun would it be without the "excitement."

It's a very strange brew I learned to drink...yes, that too.

sigh...

Glen Burnie MD

Username hidden
(2783 posts)
I guess you are right. I have been extreme. I never ID'ed as that. When asked I always said I just had fun. Fun with limits.

It's the classic advice. Don' try this at home, kids. BDSM books at the least are important. You MUST know how to stay safe.

Bondage seems safer play to many. In fact, bondage is VERY dangerous. Example: How well do you know your playmate. Once bound you have NO recourse. Make sure you trust them with you life.

Bondage can damage nerves, circulation and is not for beginners without knowledge. Make sure you learn what you need to to stay safe.

Mischief<--survived the abyss...sigh misses it. Rack..very important

Glen Burnie MD

Username hidden
(2783 posts)
To me without risk there is no thrill. But the risk in a scene, like all of life, must be reasonable and assessable

Pensacola FL

Username hidden
(17 posts)
From the web. 1. The possibility of suffering harm or loss; danger. 2. A factor, thing, element, or course involving uncertain danger; a hazard:

MY idea of risk and BDSM. 1) Exposure/arrest. 2) Sexual interaction with groups of unknown males. 3) Tangling with very strong doms. Inciting their dominant to act. 4) Psychological risks. Confronting fears, triggers, phobias, being revictimized. 5) Sex with a dom who ignores my normal limits, deliberately steps on my boundaries, shoves me further than I could go. 6) Lends me to others for their use. (Did backfire once, badly) I SW'ed. The dom slapped my face. I went off.....HIS training immediately kicked in. I got myself out of that situation. 7) Uses harsh implements Harshly. Beaten until I was unable to SW. Accidently cutting my throat, neck, chest with a very sharp knife. (the only kind) ;) 8) Using information gleaned to push me well into/past any former limits.

What is NOT risk? What mitigates risk? 1) Verifying SW knowledge, ability to think/use SW. 2) Honoring SW with a single utterance. 3) Picking very experienced doms. Doms who know how to shut down a scene in a heart beat, understand physical limits, understand bodily damage incurred from canes, paddles, edged tools, sex play. Limit play below irreparable hard. 4) Doms who teach subs to deal with hysteria, humiliation, loss of grounding.

This is a short list. What is RISK for others.

Bifem_top

Glen Burnie MD

Username hidden
(2783 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 5 of 5 
TOPIC: What is Risk