Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions BDSM Review - Dungeon 101, The Crucible, Washington, DC
TOPIC: Review - Dungeon 101, The Crucible, Washington, DC
GoTo Page: 1 2
Start   11 to 17 of 17 
User Details are only visible to members.
We are going this Friday. Will let you know how it is.

Middletown DE
Username hidden
(503 posts)
I (female half) went to a Black Rose social there a few months ago with a girlfriend of mine. I wish we had attended a 101 instead after reading the description. The social was well attended but nobody spoke to us or even acknowledged us. It was a very cliquish crowd and I would probably not go back had I not read the 101 review.

Tips: use their lot, the $10 is worth it.

Username hidden
(33 posts)
Can we just show up for either meeting or should we contact them for a reservation?

Middletown DE
Username hidden
(503 posts)
The Crucible has Dungeon 101 the first Friday of every month. The next one is 4 Jan 2013. Doors open at 7:30PM. The evening starts promptly at 8PM. For more info, check out their website at:

www dot the-crucible dot com

If I can provide any more intel, hit me up offline. The Crucible is just east of Chinatown where there is the Verizon Center and a ton of excellent restaurants and nice hotels.

Daniels MD
Username hidden
(345 posts)
Do you know if there is another scheduled?

Middletown DE
Username hidden
(503 posts)
Good review. The crucible always was and remains a class act in DC. Very active BDSM scene in the DC area. Good people.

George School PA
Username hidden
(227 posts)
Summary: If you are wanting to get a safe, fun, responsible, and friendly introduction to different aspects of BDSM, this is the event to attend.

Rating: **** (four out of four stars)

Review:

I attended this community outreach event on Friday, 7 Dec 2012, at their M Street location. Being interested in discovering more about BDSM, but not really wanting to attend focused classes or read books, this setup that the Crucible had constructed was perfect for my interests: a Meet-and-Greet format with a variety of different stations of play, each manned by informed, engaging, and, at least from my point of view, expert folks in their topic. From memory, the stations included: flogging, caning, edge play, spanking, waxing, sensory/impact play, rigging, and electric shock. I saw a coffin, but it was never pressed into service (perhaps, it's just a drink cooler, lol).

The evening began at 8pm sharp. The staff there was well organized and prepared for what looked like the 100+ people that showed up. The Crucible Team was uniformly candid, approachable, and always with complete and helpful answers to questions. My personal thanks to "K" (rigger), the caning ladies, the flogging lady, "D" the hostess, and that tall dude at the sensory table with the sand-filled gloves.

While some aspects of the activities have more traction with me than others, I give "Dungeon 101" and the staff at the Crucible very high marks for being able to put together such a large and informative event and for being able to draw such a friendly and interesting crowd. For someone on the outside looking in, this is a do-not-miss event if you want to find out more about BDSM.

Administrative Notes:

Cost for me was $30 to attend (non-member with no coupon) plus $10 for parking.

There is a parking lot next door, fenced and guarded. It is perfect, but get there early as it fills up quickly.

Eat before going. No food is available at the club. There are a few dining opportunities in the neighborhood after closing, but the one high-end grocery store that is a block east of there closes at midnight.

Dress for me was all black: shoes, dress jeans, and a collared, long sleeve shirt. It was fine, but some folks did put in more of an effort, and, quite frankly, looked great. "Best of the Night" goes to "M", who was sporting her personally made, copper-colored steampunk outfit. She looked stunning.

Reasonably priced cash bar is there (e.g., $1 bottle of water)

Hope that this helps. If folks have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

K

Daniels MD
Username hidden
(345 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
Start   11 to 17 of 17 
TOPIC: Review - Dungeon 101, The Crucible, Washington, DC