Review - Dungeon 101, The Crucible, Washington, DC : Swingers Discussion 213196101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsBDSMReview - Dungeon 101, The Crucible, Washington, DC
TOPIC: Review - Dungeon 101, The Crucible, Washington, DC
Created by: KurtEZ1
Original Starting post for this thread:
Summary: If you are wanting to get a safe, fun, responsible, and friendly introduction to different aspects of BDSM, this is the event to attend.

Rating: **** (four out of four stars)

Review:

I attended this community outreach event on Friday, 7 Dec 2012, at their M Street location. Being interested in discovering more about BDSM, but not really wanting to attend focused classes or read books, this setup that the Crucible had constructed was perfect for my interests: a Meet-and-Greet format with a variety of different stations of play, each manned by informed, engaging, and, at least from my point of view, expert folks in their topic. From memory, the stations included: flogging, caning, edge play, spanking, waxing, sensory/impact play, rigging, and electric shock. I saw a coffin, but it was never pressed into service (perhaps, it's just a drink cooler, lol).

The evening began at 8pm sharp. The staff there was well organized and prepared for what looked like the 100+ people that showed up. The Crucible Team was uniformly candid, approachable, and always with complete and helpful answers to questions. My personal thanks to "K" (rigger), the caning ladies, the flogging lady, "D" the hostess, and that tall dude at the sensory table with the sand-filled gloves.

While some aspects of the activities have more traction with me than others, I give "Dungeon 101" and the staff at the Crucible very high marks for being able to put together such a large and informative event and for being able to draw such a friendly and interesting crowd. For someone on the outside looking in, this is a do-not-miss event if you want to find out more about BDSM.

Administrative Notes:

Cost for me was $30 to attend (non-member with no coupon) plus $10 for parking.

There is a parking lot next door, fenced and guarded. It is perfect, but get there early as it fills up quickly.

Eat before going. No food is available at the club. There are a few dining opportunities in the neighborhood after closing, but the one high-end grocery store that is a block east of there closes at midnight.

Dress for me was all black: shoes, dress jeans, and a collared, long sleeve shirt. It was fine, but some folks did put in more of an effort, and, quite frankly, looked great. "Best of the Night" goes to "M", who was sporting her personally made, copper-colored steampunk outfit. She looked stunning.

Reasonably priced cash bar is there (e.g., $1 bottle of water)

Hope that this helps. If folks have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

K

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 17   End
User Details are only visible to members.
We are going back.

Middletown DE
Username hidden
(503 posts)
DandH, yes it did get wilder. Bet and I have been together for 35 years and she still surprises me. She stood in a club topless with dozens of people watching her and she got excited by the single tail whip guy doing his thing on her back.

There were a few scenes going on after the 101 class ended and the regular club members were allowed in.

Middletown DE
Username hidden
(503 posts)
We are actually considering joining the club. It was extremely intense.

Middletown DE
Username hidden
(503 posts)
There was a spanking area where the woman running it would spank anyone that was interested. We are pretty well versed in spanking and watched a minute or two.

At about 11 the Dungeon 101 class ended and we were invited to stay around and enjoy the club. We picked a chair and watched a couple that were into suspension and he tied her up different ways and eventually got to the point where she was suspended. He untied her and started all over again and tied he in a different way. They looked like they were both having a great time.

At another location a woman was spanking a guy fairly well and it appeared he came just from being spanked. There was a few scenes going on at different parts of the club and by then we were into overload mode. We got so much information and saw so many different things that got our conversations going in different directions.

Middletown DE
Username hidden
(503 posts)
The last area was the latex box. The best way to explain it is that you are in a box covered with latex. The air is sucked out and the latex encloses your body in like a second skin. No interest for us so we moved on.

The last area was the ropes and knot people. One guy appeared to be more into suspension and knot/rope pretty design bondage. We are more into restraint type bondage so we went and watched that guy. He explained how to use ropes for restraint without restriction. He tied up a girl without restricting blood flow, so her hands would not get numb even though she was tied at the wrist. I learned a couple new knots and ties to use on Bet.

There was a fella there selling stuff so we picked up a neat knife that slips over the finger, and a couple other toys.

Middletown DE
Username hidden
(503 posts)
Next to them was the knife play guys. They explained the knives they used and the different techniques they employed. Another surprise was that Bet enjoyed what he was doing to her. She likes sharp knives run over her skin. We have used a pinwheel toy and she enjoyed that so we are going to the next Knife/gun show in the area.

The "Waxman" was next. He showed how pouring hot wax over the skin was sexy. it seemed that the people that tried it liked it but we were not that interested in hot was so we just moved on.

The single tail whip guy was next and again we were both intrigued. While Bet was more interested than me I agreed to try it first so she would have an idea how it felt before she bared her back for the guy. I enjoyed it so she took off her top and let him show me how to use the whip. She stood again the St Andrews Cross and within minutes he had her breathing heavily with what he was doing. Her back had a beautiful series of red marks in a pattern. He was good with the whip.

Middletown DE
Username hidden
(503 posts)
The next station was the "sensation" station. There a couple explained that anything could be used to stimulate your partner. They had whisks and other kitchen tools, a swiffer handle, and loads of other things you could get at any walmart. Their main thing was that you are only limited by your imagination. They even had tuning forks that they placed on different parts of the body and the vibrations were intense.

The next couple ran the "electrical" area. They had a neat electro/vibrator type of toy that had quite a few attachments. The different ends produced different sensations at different intensities. It was adjustable as to the amount of voltage to further increase to feel.

Middletown DE
Username hidden
(503 posts)
What an amazing experience.

Great place, very discreet. You would not know from the outside that it is a BDSM club.

To begin there was a presentation regarding what would happen and what there was to see. Several employee/volunteers along with the owner spoke about BDSM, safety, rules, etc. That took about 45 minutes and then we were allowed to circulate among the different areas.

First there was a spanking type bench with a woman explaining caining. She was very outgoing and described the different styles and types of canes. What each one did as far as severity and sensations.

Next we visited the flogging station. Run by a man and a woman they both had different views and techniques. We both are interested in this so we both experienced the feel and sensation of the flogging. He explained the different styles and types of floggers. When he asked if we wanted to try it he mentioned we could leave our shirts on, but neither one of us did. It felt great and watching Bet get flogged topless was exciting.

Middletown DE
Username hidden
(503 posts)
We went last Friday and it was enlightening to say the least.

Middletown DE
Username hidden
(503 posts)
D&H are you going this Friday?

Middletown DE
Username hidden
(503 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 17   End
TOPIC: Review - Dungeon 101, The Crucible, Washington, DC