Psychology of Bondage: Why do people do it? : Swingers Discussion 238695
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsBDSMPsychology of Bondage: Why do people do it?
TOPIC: Psychology of Bondage: Why do people do it
Created by: Jason685
Original Starting post for this thread:
This information comes from rope bondage expert Esinem. As an endorsement, I have his DVD on rope bondage and it is one of the best tools for learning the spirt and skill of rope bondage. I have also purchased his jute rope and it is the best bondage rope I have found. He is highly respected in the international rope bondage community. This is what he says about why people enjoy bondage. For the full article search the title of this post and it should be your first choice. Power Exchange - bondage alters the balance of power. Expiation of Guilt - nice girls don't do that, (unless they are tied up). Security - bondage can feel like a comforting blanket. Erotic Effects - rope can cause many erotic sensations. Meditation - sub space can be calm and peaceful. Relaxation - sub space can be relaxing. Beauty - rope bondage can be extremely creative, artistic and beautiful. Submission - bondage and submission are naturally complementary. Fetishism - some people fetishize restraint. Role Playing - bondage as a part of prisoner or kidnap scenes. S and M - bondage can be made quite uncomfortable, involving endurance and can be psychologically challenging.

Few people have all of these elements. Most probably have more than one. In any case it may help you to realize that some of these are what give you a kick. The more you know about yourself, the more you can structure your play and relationships.

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 4 of 4 
User Details are only visible to members.
Trusting someone, allowing them to control and guide, then receiving the "stimulation" that best opens up the experience for the person bound is what I have seen that people crave. Each person is of course different and each situation is different and far more complex than can be referenced here. Some like pain, some like pleasure, some need humiliation. ALL are different. Finding what your partner needs, craves, is the key.

Springfield TN
Username hidden
(4 posts)
Trust is not why people do it. It allows them to do it. It's not common that anyone would engage in bdsm activities without trusting their play partner. But trust does not describe the intrinsic motivations. Even if it did, that does not take away from the other motivations.

I don't know why you would call Esinem my idol. I didn't. He is a bdsm practitioner and educator that I have learned from and respect. There are many others as well.

Have you ever thought of adding something positive to the tread. Why not add something useful? Or start your own thread that adds to the community of thought. It is easy to be negative when you have nothing positive to add.

Green Bay WI
Username hidden
(177 posts)
Your idol has missed something. In relation to power exchange...it's not that simple. It's not just about simple power exchange. It's about trust. Unless someone is doing it for the novelty...it's about trust...which is deeper than simple power exchange.

Duncanville TX
Username hidden
(4 posts)
This information comes from rope bondage expert Esinem. As an endorsement, I have his DVD on rope bondage and it is one of the best tools for learning the spirt and skill of rope bondage. I have also purchased his jute rope and it is the best bondage rope I have found. He is highly respected in the international rope bondage community. This is what he says about why people enjoy bondage. For the full article search the title of this post and it should be your first choice. Power Exchange - bondage alters the balance of power. Expiation of Guilt - nice girls don't do that, (unless they are tied up). Security - bondage can feel like a comforting blanket. Erotic Effects - rope can cause many erotic sensations. Meditation - sub space can be calm and peaceful. Relaxation - sub space can be relaxing. Beauty - rope bondage can be extremely creative, artistic and beautiful. Submission - bondage and submission are naturally complementary. Fetishism - some people fetishize restraint. Role Playing - bondage as a part of prisoner or kidnap scenes. S and M - bondage can be made quite uncomfortable, involving endurance and can be psychologically challenging.

Few people have all of these elements. Most probably have more than one. In any case it may help you to realize that some of these are what give you a kick. The more you know about yourself, the more you can structure your play and relationships.

Green Bay WI
Username hidden
(177 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 4 of 4 
TOPIC: Psychology of Bondage: Why do people do it