New playroom, What-where to buy : Swingers Discussion 210801101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsBDSMNew playroom, What-where to buy
TOPIC: New playroom, What-where to buy
Created by: new2wild
Original Starting post for this thread:
We are planning to build a new house with a play room. And would like to get some ideas on what we might want, So we know about how much room is needed. And where to place extra support for a swing or suspension. We know we want the big X (don't know the name). swing, and some type of bench for her to lay on. I have seen mention of a wheel of some kind? Any ideas or sugestions of where to look?

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 9 of 9 
User Details are only visible to members.
Go to amazon and search for "pawley's island deluxe steel swing stand". It's designed for a porch swing, but stockroom sells it as a bondage swing stand under a generic name ( Steel Bondage Frame (B517) ). Right now, it's about $267 on amazon, with free shipping if you're a prime member. It's $370 + shipping from stockroom. Yay for increasing the cost when sex is involved!

It has 3 attachment rings on the top section. During the day, we have a hammock chair attached to it, and nobody knows the difference, but when we're ready to play we just slide the hammock off the carabiner and attach the swing, or use it for standing bondage, much like you would a St. Andrews cross. It took maybe $10-$15 worth of chain and carabiners from dom depot (home depot) to complete the setup. (plus the hammock swing for the vanilla disguise and sex swing, of course) We use chain, because it's easiest to adjust for the height of the sub. shorter, or taller, all you need to do is move to a different link in the chain.

A direct benefit of going this route, is that you can move it anywhere you want. It's extremely sturdy, but only has 4 bolts to deal with, so breaking it down for transport is easy. I can attest that this setup will support AT LEAST 350lbs, since I have personally been suspended on it when I weighed as much.

The only negative I can say about it, is that the bottom cross bar definitely gets in the way, causing the sub to stand slightly forward, or backward from center, or sideways to straddle the bar, which causes the side uprights to get in the way of activities such as flogging. To counter this flaw, I designed a 2' x 4' stage that fits over the bottom bar. I haven't built the stage yet, but I'm estimating about $30-$40 in materials for it. By designing the stage myself, I was able to include a mount for other accessories, such as an impaler or magic wand mount for forced orgasms.

Word of caution: If you're going to do standing or suspension bondage, don't forget to get cuffs specifically designed for it... normal cuffs just don't work well for this, since they tend to cut off circulation at the wrists really fast under load.

Kalona IA
Username hidden
(134 posts)
you can get massage tables several different styles on walmart dot com for $100-150 if you have them delivered to a store near you there usually isn't a shipping charge either.

PG

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17840 posts)
Will any massage table do or do you recommend a specific brand and model?

Middletown DE
Username hidden
(503 posts)
A St. Andrew Cross is a must for sure......But really it all depends on how you like to play. If I may suggest you visit a public dungeon or a special BDSM event. You will get some great ideas that way. It will also depend on how much room you have and what the expense account is.........Personalty I think you need things like floggers for your cross....a few crops or whips are nice and don't forget the Hitachi........and blind folds. Oh and did I mention an examining table.........very nice especially if it has stirrups...........oh the list is endless.

Username hidden
(63 posts)
Your dungeon is limited to your imagination, which is controlled by your wallet.

Weston FL
Username hidden
(47 posts)
After some more research I found a few items we want. I am planning to build it all myself. Instead of asking where to buy, I should have asked where to find good pics. We are not worried about trying to hide any of it as it will be a adult play room only, and remain locked when not in use.

So what items have you found are must haves?

Dover TN
Username hidden
(31 posts)
I built our "big x" just kiddin I had a problem with a spot for the St Andrews cross when we moved the play room to an attic addition with low knee walls.I solved that by building a long frame out of 4X4s with legs.The gap between tghe cross and the legs is far enough to hang the stocks or a sex swing.

Downingtown PA
Username hidden
(1125 posts)
The "big X" is called a cross, logically enough. More exactly, a St. Andrew's Cross.

You can attach your swing to one of the ceiling joists. Best not to attach it in center of the span of the joist. Attach closer to one of the bearing walls or the center beam instead.

If you anticipate playing with whips, floggers, or any similar impact tools, think about how far you'll need to stand away from the person being hit, and also think about the backswing, which is about the same as the distance away from the sub. This will require a much larger open area than you might initially think.

Also, think about how many other people you'll want to have in your dungeon watching or playing or both. They'll need separation from the people doing impact play.

Finally, think about how you might conceal your large pieces of apparatus, un less you're absolutely sure no one who's not a BDSMer will ever come into your dungeon.

Kitty Hawk NC
Username hidden
(267 posts)
We are planning to build a new house with a play room. And would like to get some ideas on what we might want, So we know about how much room is needed. And where to place extra support for a swing or suspension. We know we want the big X (don't know the name). swing, and some type of bench for her to lay on. I have seen mention of a wheel of some kind? Any ideas or sugestions of where to look?

Dover TN
Username hidden
(31 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 9 of 9 
TOPIC: New playroom, What-where to buy