Can a Submissive Woman Also Be a Feminist? : Swingers Discussion 238159
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsBDSMCan a Submissive Woman Also Be a Feminist?
TOPIC: Can a Submissive Woman Also Be a Feminist
Created by: Jason685
Original Starting post for this thread:
Or can a feminist woman be sexually submissive? This is a big issue for some. Does feminism preclude being sexually submissive OR should feminism give all women the right to choose their sexual preferences? Many are conflicted and confused on this point. Here is an interesting article on this topic. Here is one quote: "Submissive kinky women are far from the shrinking violets that BDSM's critics have characterized them as being and in many cases, they are women who know exactly what they want in a relationship." This article includes quotes from some of the top women in BDSM and sexual freedom. It is very well articulated. I think you may learn something.

Alternet d*t o*g - written by Alex Henderson entitled "Women who like to be dominated in bed. Talking to BDSM submissives."

I find that a lot of swingers are confused or conflicted about bdsm because it seems so contrary to what we are being taught about how to treat others. It seems so un-PC. Understanding and accepting our bdsm urges give us the freedom to explore and enjoy whatever is our particular desire. This article and others that I will be recommending can give you insight and perhaps the courage to step out and explore your fantasies.

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 7 of 7 
User Details are only visible to members.
I'm one of those women... I'm in charge of the kids; I'm in charge of the house; I'm in charge of dinner; I'm in charge of the Booster organization, etc. so when it comes to sex I just want a man to be in charge!

Visalia CA
Username hidden
(139 posts)
I understand the "spirit" of Lost's comment, I was just clarifying.

DD, I've heard that for years, and even though some judge the behavior odd, it seems many find it very rewarding and even therapeutic. I say as long as no one is being harmed (that doesn't want to be), get your D/s on and work it. LOL.

Feminism is like so many other things we deal with in these few days we have on the big blue marble. Some feel you're not a REAL feminist unless you're out marching in parades or just generally trying to break the balls of every guy you know. We fully support women's rights and equality on every level and in every facet of life, but my wife loves a guy who takes the lead in the bedroom. It's one of the reasons we clicked from the beginning and have been together for so long.

Cape Canaveral FL
Username hidden
(4844 posts)
Personally I think people have many facets so sure. Why not?

Washington DC
Username hidden
(670 posts)
I don't have any experience with this, but I have heard that people often take on very different roles in the bedroom and often extremely powerful men often develop a kink to be dominated in the bedroom. After being in charge of people all day and making decisions, it can be a relief to be told exactly what to do. Perhaps the same holds true with female submissives.

Irving TX
Username hidden
(243 posts)
that sounds as if you're saying it's either be a feminist or be a door mat. pretty sure there's a lot of room between those two.

Cape Canaveral FL
Username hidden
(4844 posts)
Ummm yes we can. Because I am attracted to men that take control and are in the lead does NOT mean that I am a doormat to be walked all over. The submissive is in control of the situation, and if a sub ever feels like she has no safe word or input, she may want to look at their D/s relationship. I love being submissive to my husband and lovers in the bedroom. I crave it. However, if he does anything that I am uncomfortable with or do not like...I will voice my opinion.

San Marcos TX
Username hidden
(23995 posts)
Or can a feminist woman be sexually submissive? This is a big issue for some. Does feminism preclude being sexually submissive OR should feminism give all women the right to choose their sexual preferences? Many are conflicted and confused on this point. Here is an interesting article on this topic. Here is one quote: "Submissive kinky women are far from the shrinking violets that BDSM's critics have characterized them as being and in many cases, they are women who know exactly what they want in a relationship." This article includes quotes from some of the top women in BDSM and sexual freedom. It is very well articulated. I think you may learn something.

Alternet d*t o*g - written by Alex Henderson entitled "Women who like to be dominated in bed. Talking to BDSM submissives."

I find that a lot of swingers are confused or conflicted about bdsm because it seems so contrary to what we are being taught about how to treat others. It seems so un-PC. Understanding and accepting our bdsm urges give us the freedom to explore and enjoy whatever is our particular desire. This article and others that I will be recommending can give you insight and perhaps the courage to step out and explore your fantasies.

Green Bay WI
Username hidden
(168 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 7 of 7 
TOPIC: Can a Submissive Woman Also Be a Feminist