what constitutes bbw or bhm : Swingers Discussion 469751031
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsB.B.W.what constitutes bbw or bhm
TOPIC: what constitutes bbw or bhm
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Start   31 to 40 of 41   End
User Details are only visible to members.
>Don't you just love how others misinterpret this stuff?

Everybody interprets everything they read, hear and feel through their own experiences.

>Orwell, go back and re-read Central's post. Orwell, you added the word NO to his statement when you quoted him, so you are the guilty one.

I added that to turn it in to a conversational illustration. I've gone back and reread it with and without the "no" and I don't see a difference in the meaning.

But since YOU misinterpretted what I meant, it pretty much confirms what I've been saying... that HOW you say something matters, not just what you say. No one can correctly interpret everything that another person says.

Columbia MD
Username hidden
(1272 posts)
>Orwell, we don't care how it comes across to you!

Thanks for making my point.... YOU know what you mean, but not everyone else may interpret your words the way you intend. And you'll notice that another poster also agreed that your comment could be misinterpreted.

All I have said, and will continue to say, is that HOW you say something is as important as WHAT you say.

Columbia MD
Username hidden
(1272 posts)
>I really feel you are now an ANGRY victim of so called "Im BHM/BBW, everyone picks on me" Therefore you refuese to take anything at face value only becasue you feel everyone who may not be "BHM/BBW" is out to make your feelings hurt!

Now who is making ASSumptions? My wife and I have had an open relationship for more than 20 years and have been swinging (parties and such) for about a decade. In that time, I've been turned down once because of my weight. She's been turned down once as well. Hardly fits your melodramatic assumption, does it?

My comments come from years of watching posts and replies on usenet. Even in groups that were designed to favor bbw's, you saw messages like "FINALLY someone posts a pretty woman" implying that all the other posts were not or "can someone post some pretty SSBBW's, not those light bbw's." Both comments were intended to compliment a certain woman/body type, but both ended up hurting the feelings of those that DIDN'T fit that body type because of the way they were phrased. Over the years I've seen at least a dozen lovely women stop posting because of such comments.

Columbia MD
Username hidden
(1272 posts)
Orwell, we don't care how it comes across to you! Hopefully Expo understands what we said!! This is exactly why we have reduced our participation in these forums. Get a life!!!

Center Valley PA
Username hidden
(8964 posts)
>That's where the typed word has its drawbacks. >You could read that statement both ways:

Thank you... exactly the point I was trying to make.

When posting to forums where it will be read by lots of people who don't know you, you have to be very precise about what and how you say things.

Columbia MD
Username hidden
(1272 posts)
>All she stated was that She looked good so do not sweat it!

Exactly... you look great, so don't sweat the concern that you might look like a bbw. Intentional or not, that is how that statement came across.

This has come up several times before... comments made to or about a person not being clearly expressed. I've seen several times where very obviously non-bbw/bhm members have made statements that COULD be interpreted as inconsiderate or even insulting.

Is it intenional and with malice? I hope not.

Is it careless use of language? Maybe.

Is it not realizing that how you say things is as important as what you say? Yes, probably.

Picture it this way.... if expo had stood up in a theatre and said "Do I look like a bbw?" and central had said "no, you look good... don't sweat it," how do you tihink the bbw sitting next to central would feel? Probably pretty damn annoyed because the implication was that SHE (as a bbw) did NOT look good. While that was hopefully NOT how it was intended, it's certainly a reasonable interpretation, ESPECIALLY to people who have gone through years and years of "you would be so pretty IF you lost weight.

Columbia MD
Username hidden
(1272 posts)
>Expo, you look good to us so don't sweat it!

Centralbucks.... You said that expo looks good and shouldn't worry because she DOESN'T look like a bbw.

The logical extension of that statement is that any woman who DOES look like a bbw doesn't look good and should be concerned.

Hopefully that wasn't your intention, but that's how it came across to me.

Columbia MD
Username hidden
(1272 posts)
Expo, you look good to us so don't sweat it!

Center Valley PA
Username hidden
(8964 posts)
clears throat ,no, your way off, you can't possibly talk about the way we look without having seen us.Our height ,the way we hold ourselves and how much is body fat and how much is muscle. This is about whats everyones opinion on this topic. Its more about why people put labels on themselves.This is about why people put the label on themselves

Sarasota FL
Username hidden
(2069 posts)
If you scroll down to Qualifications alot of people commented more on it. But if you want each of us to say specifically about you (everyone has different opinions) i think you are maybe on the line of being overweight (am i right?) but no if I were you I wouldnt consider myself a bbw. I don't think you are that big and wouldnt mind if you didnt put that on your profile.

Wheatland CA
Username hidden
(1123 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Start   31 to 40 of 41   End
TOPIC: what constitutes bbw or bhm