Self Esteem : Swingers Discussion 584451021
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsB.B.W.Self Esteem
TOPIC: Self Esteem
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... More 
Start   21 to 30 of 406   End
User Details are only visible to members.
You like rum? I have a bottle of mudslides for you.

Augusta NJ
Username hidden
(16055 posts)
I DON'T DRINK TEQUILA BUT I KNOW THEY HAVE RUM...I DO! I DO!!!

San Marcos TX
Username hidden
(23995 posts)
Hi G,

Missed y'all too. Life has been crazy. Glad to be back. We are talking about a trip to San Antonio. Anyone wanna go for magaritias??

Burleson TX
Username hidden
(3132 posts)
Nice to see you back G :) I missed you.

Augusta NJ
Username hidden
(16055 posts)
I don't understand sometimes why we are the way we are...I guess when you feel bad about yourself you want to bring others "down" so you don't feel so low. I have no idea. I need to stay away from tv lol. I do not watch much tv but this morning I was and it just pisses me off. Still today, in 2010, women undergo plastic surgery sometimes (I say sometimes because I am a believer in plastic surgery when a woman does it for herself) for the wrong reasons. I sat here and saw a woman, probably 50ish, who looked absolutely beautiful and normal for a woman who has spent 50 years on this planet, say that now that she is getting a face lift "maybe a man will love me". Followed by her daughter saying now that she looks fabulous she "needs a man". Just drives me fucking nuts every time I see or hear something like that. I do not need another person to complete me, I complete myself. I believe for me only mind you, that when I am a complete person myself I can then be there for others. Trying to find pieces of "completeness" like a puzzle is just temporary. But thats just my opinion.

San Marcos TX
Username hidden
(23995 posts)
Instead, why don't you come to San Antonio, and just look at one house on MY street? Shel, don't go get a new tat without me, b/c I want new ones too.

LADY AND WOLF, wow! Welcome back! I've missed you.

Self esteem is way more than just about looks. We all looked like crap on the island last week, and on the last day, ran out of water, so no showers before we traveled home. I felt so good about myself and my time there writing, that having dirty hair and wearing the same pair of jeans didn't matter one bit. Well, ok, a bit.

Self esteem is still believing what you hear others say about you. If you were blessed with supportive, loving parents, then you grew up thinking you were capable, strong, good looking and loved. That they were proud of you. That's not to say giving your kids every single accolade for every single thing they do. That's not building self esteem...they will never know reality that way. But specific compliments, and specific points of glory (for lack of a better word...I'm beat). Then, in reverse, if you've heard and believed that you are not loved unconditionally, that no matter what you do, it's never "enough," that you'd be pretty "if only..." well, that's self esteem too, but negative. And that's so hard to undo. For me, it's staying away from my mother. Which is also hard to do b/c there's a guilt factor involved, which people like her perpetuate.

so...for me to maintain the self esteem I've worked so hard to acheive, I have to stay away from the negative influences, come up with reasons why, and then to continue to surround myself with positive influences, INCLUDING myself.

Not always easy, but very necessary.

Gina

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7290 posts)
hahahaha yeah, I definately am a hard headed handful. It will be nice to go for a nice walk this evening, I love looking at all of the houses on San Antonio Street.

San Marcos TX
Username hidden
(23995 posts)
God for Jay. But, if you are anything like Lady, it's a good thing looks don't kill, lol. Baby steps hon, baby steps.

Burleson TX
Username hidden
(3132 posts)
Yes, it is definately a daily walk for women. After my surgery last week I am here, starting to heal, but at that stage where I am feeling better but not ready to resume my work out (although I was going to attempt 1 mile tonight and Jay said he'd kill me, so we are going to walk around our neighborhood)....and I refuse to start eating to pass the time. So my fear is I am going to start gaining weight due to eating crap simply because I am laying my ass in this bed. So I am getting up and going outside to catch some sun. I refuse to un-do the hard work I did because my uterus decided to be an ass LOL. So as you see, even us who look confident, it is a constant walk.

San Marcos TX
Username hidden
(23995 posts)
Great posts shel & fiedems!

Seems almost every woman in America is afflicted with these thoughts. We know a hot aerobics instructor who decided to take a break because she felt "fat" after putting on 5 pounds that no-one ever would have noticed on her sculpted body but her. And if SHE can have issues, everyone can...

Like fiedems, Mrs.Catnipfun has flourished in the lifestyle. Mr.Catnipfun can shower her in compliments that get immediately discarded as "biased", but hearing it from others has been a huge confidence booster. Sometimes it's been an act of mental willpower to meet with a couple with an itty-bitty lady half for Mrs.Catnipfun not to think about being "larger than what he's used to", but she's learned what shel said: "nothing is more attractive than a man or woman who has that inner sexuality". It's not about the outer as much as the inner, and a woman who has a few extra pounds but radiates sensuality is infinitely more attractive than a meek and uncomfortable well-sculpted beauty.

When in doubt, Mrs. Catnipfun just reminds herself that how good a time Mr.Catnip has is always directly correllated to how sensual the woman is - not to whether they carry a few pounds or not. And she knows how to do sensuality... :)

Hopkinton MA
Username hidden
(256 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... More 
Start   21 to 30 of 406   End
TOPIC: Self Esteem