Heavy : Swingers Discussion 173957101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsB.B.W.Heavy
TOPIC: Heavy
Created by: SexusNTexas
Original Starting post for this thread:
Has anyone watched this new series? I was reading about it in the paper today, and it sounds like it deals with the emotional eating and food addictions more than just a work out or contest type show such as Biggest Loser. Is it worth exploring?

Gina

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 13   End
User Details are only visible to members.
That's a very nice new photo of you, kinddragon! I suffer from the same concern about my body. It's interesting and kind of sad that I've always thought I was a bit (or more) overweight, even 10, 20, or 30 pounds ago. Now I'm working to get back to that earlier weight so I will look good! The irony does NOT escape me...

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(8902 posts)
have somehow intertwined my 'self-image' with my 'body-image'... not sure how or why it happend."

Because our society has turned the female body into a product...a marketable, sellable product. Mind you....not THE female body...a body type that is about 2% of the genetic population. We are taught that we are supposed to look like an 18 year old white female who has blonde hair, blue eyes, perfectly tight breasts, perfect ass, long legs and a completely flat belly. Brains not needed. Women grow old, while men grow distinguished. And every diet company feeds your insecurity. They are a billion dollar industry, and they don't get that way by making you feel beautiful. You are you. I am me. Yes, my ass is flat, my stomach looks like Freddie Krueger from stretch marks...I have crows feet and scars. But every one of them tells a story. And I love me. Love you.

Username hidden
(23995 posts)
Mr Chim, I already know you'd be a blast! And Mr Sexus would adore Mrs Chim

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7385 posts)
"seriously, I am not going to call myself ugly any more. It's pointless, it's abusive to myself, it's not true"

Good call, Shel -- nice pickup, Gina. A few years ago, the great comedian Richard Pryor used to use the "N" word all of the time in referring to himself or others. He damned near died free-basing cocaine one day, and apparently had an epiphany of some sort during his rehabiliitation. Shortly after his return to the stage, he announced -- to a full house one night -- that we was no longer going to use that word that had come to typlify self-loathing of himself and others.

I am a little long in the tooth to be a real dynamo in a FMF, but if I ever won the lottery rights to pick a pair, it would be you two. I would happily be the filling in that sandwich....so there...

Mr. Chim

Charlotte NC
Username hidden
(558 posts)
I deleted the Heavy episodes...way behind and I just didn't want to play catch up on something that might make me cry. If I catch an episode here or there,maybe. I don't usually watch TV in the day. If D's away on a trip, I might watch some late night stuff here and there, so may catch a rerun. Has anyone watched the show?

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7385 posts)
hahaha G, I love you.

Username hidden
(23995 posts)
"Dan rolls his eyes at me when I watch this stuff."

Dave does not want to be in the house if he knows I am watching Mystery Diagnosis or that show with that Medical Examiner. That stuff makes him queasy.

Quakertown PA
Username hidden
(1842 posts)
it must be something about Texas...

I haven't watched my DVRed episodes yet, and was going to watch them alone sometime, but Dan said last night he'd watch them with me. Bless that man. I think he knows I may get emotional, you think? ;)

Haven't been around sls for a few days and I opened this topic and was reading Shel's post and thought, "wow, that's really great that she isn't going to be calling herself ugly anymore..." etc., just the comments made.

And here she was just quoting ME first. hahahaha. Duh.

Gina

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7385 posts)
as far as I can tell you two two most beautiful real people have "meet" on SLS. Thanks for being who you are.

Hutchins TX
Username hidden
(188 posts)
seriously, I am not going to call myself ugly any more. It's pointless, it's abusive to myself, it's not true (we all have ugly "moments," but I don't have to think of it as anything but a moment...well ok, maybe a few hours...), and it only leads to more standing in front of the pantry looking in as if something will magically jump into my mouth and make me feel better about whatever dilemma I'm facing."

Never, ever call yourself ugly my sweet. You are alot of things Gina, but ugly is most certainly not one of them. So oftentimes we define our entire self by what we perceive in that mirror. Stop doing that. I decided ohhh about a month ago that I am barring negativity from my life. It cost me 2 "friends" along the way but so be it. Trust me, I know the demons you refer to. You are beautiful and dynamic.

Username hidden
(23995 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 13   End
TOPIC: Heavy