Greiving for my perfect child : Swingers Discussion 89586
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsB.B.W.Greiving for my perfect child
TOPIC: Greiving for my perfect child
Created by: funlovintxcouple The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 9 of 9 
User Details are only visible to members.
Funlovin, I have taken great comfort in the teachings of 'The Secret' - a four CD pack found in any bookstore or online, and also from a website called msgmyth dot com. There is a lot of useful information there. God Bless! Sarah

Cazenovia NY
Username hidden
(4 posts)
Mrs Fun...

Remember that life is good. Even when your precious child is kicking, screaming, scratching, etc.

There was a column by Dear Abby years ago about this type of situation, relating a trip, expecting to go to Italy, but ending up in Holland that I felt was comforting.

I have a brother that is severely mentally retarded and autistic since birth, as well as bi-polar and schizophrenic since puberty. He is 33 and has lived with me for all but 2 years in the same home as me. I consider myself to be his second mother.

There are moments that you want to have your own breakdown, just remember that NOBODY can love him as much as you do. You need him just as much as he needs you.

If you need to talk to someone who truly understands, and knows of the private details of what you're probably going through but would never post them publicly, PLEASE feel free to contact me privately.

I understand, and I care. Monica

Allentown PA
Username hidden
(514 posts)
Welcum to the forums Bocman!

Always remember.... Everyday comes with it's own surprises...

Hugs, RaveN (:~

Fort Worth TX
Username hidden
(8589 posts)
MsFun...

Keep up the good fight hun. My fingers are crossed for you and your family. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers......

Fort Worth TX
Username hidden
(8589 posts)
Ms Fun, My heart breaks for you.... You should not blame yourself for your son's diagnosis....Actually you are very brave and should be proud of the fact that you are raising your little boy and doing the best you can with a hard situation....As a nurse in the Pediatric Neurology field, I can't tell you how many parents institutionalize these children because they can't cope with some of the behaviors..... For you to grieve what might have been is also a normal coping mechanism. Whether a child is diagnosed with a personality disorder, diabetes, or autism. We all want healthy children and the best for our offspring.....Unfortunately many are not that lucky, and have to deal with what life has dealt them.... Hope you know that you and yours are in my thoughts and prayers. M

Tinton Falls NJ
Username hidden
(30 posts)
I feel your pain. We have a 4 year old son with autism. He was diagnosed last summer and, even though he has made much progress over the past year, every day is a new day. Thank goodness for a strong marriage, we are able to make it through each day. When I'm having a bad day, my husband usually isn't and can step in and maintain my sanity - and vice versa. We have our son in intense therapy and treatments and he is blossoming -- but a long way to go. Small steps, but it's progress. Instead of taking him to soccer games like all of the other moms, I take him to therapy. But he's my special little boy and I love him very much. Hang in there. Your love will make a great and wonderful difference in your son's future.

Plano TX
Username hidden
(1 post)
Fun,

My youngest son has some behavior disorders as well. I don't know exactly what you're son suffers from. My exwife and I ended up putting our son in private school (costs a small fortune), but alot of what my sons problems were were boredom. When they are genius they get bored easy and hard to control in school. My boy also has the fits. SOmetimes all we can do is hug him.

Hope you can get this worked out positively. Good luck.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
Ms., don't blame yourself when you know in your heart you did nothing purposely to harm your child. I am the grandfather of a beautiful 4 year old daughter with autism. I see what my son and daughter-in-law go through every day, every week, every month, etc. trying to help their daughter overcome this terrible affliction. Fortunately, they have come to a peace within that they are not to blame. They support each other and work tirelessly to give there daughter the best in therapy and treatments available. They work together and support each other at a level that is truly incredible. Please don't take all of this on yourself alone. Please be sure to enlist the full support of your husband, grandparents and other family in helping you help your son. It will be a difficult and long battle. Don't give up. It is so worth the fight. Any progress and improvement towards a more normal life for your son that you (and your family) can help provide will prove to be your greatest life achievement . We all are pulling for you and know that your concern, love and effort will make a great and wonderful difference in your son's life.

Calabash NC
Username hidden
(73 posts)
I am very sorry.

Be strong and don't search out someone to blame. Just remember you can do it. You are strong enough and everything else will follow.

Bridgeport PA
Username hidden
(12773 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 9 of 9 
TOPIC: Greiving for my perfect child