Good article, please read : Swingers Discussion 37574101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsB.B.W.Good article, please read
TOPIC: Good article, please read
Created by: ElisabethsCrimsonKiss
Original Starting post for this thread:
Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder

By Matthew Sakey and brought to you by Matchcom!

There are few things that people are more sensitive about than their personal appearance. The sad truth is that not everyone can be a supermodel. Not everyone can win a galaxy–wide ugly contest, either; most people fall somewhere in the middle. But everyone — men and women alike — is paranoid about looks, and weight is perhaps the most sensitive of sensitive issues. Almost everyone has some complaint.

Thin wasn't always in The heroin–chic, "I had a Triscuit for lunch today" look currently (and unfortunately) in vogue is surprisingly a new phenomenon. Less than a century ago, the "ideal" woman was slightly overweight; it implied good health. In some cultures, an overweight woman is extremely desirable, weight being a sign of significant wealth and, therefore, very appealing. Men haven't sought emaciated women since the dawn of time; quite the contrary.

When it comes to the feminine figures men find attractive, there is no right or wrong. So long as the woman in question isn't so thin or so heavy that she's in physiological danger, I could care less about personal taste. Some men are attracted to women who carry a little more weight. Some men are attracted to women who are plainly overweight. Some prefer slender figures.

Enter the cultural imperative The danger comes when a person allows society and/or fashion magazines to define beauty. It's cruel and unusual to a) expect every woman to look as thin as the women on runways today and b) expect every man to be attracted to them.

I'm not interested in the health issues associated with weight except to say that it's inappropriate for women to be encouraged to go too far in either direction. The point is that men are not all cut from the same dough; taste is utterly subjective and should not be dictated in any way by what's "in style" right now. Style is really nothing more than an attempt on the part of a minority to influence what they believe the majority thinks is fashionable — and sometimes they're wrong.

There is no shame in being attracted to whatever you're attracted to. The worst mistake you could make is to allow yourself to be misled by social propaganda into believing that you're not right in the head if you don't find 100–pound women to be the ideal physical form. Go for what you want, never encourage ill health, and depend on the fashion mags only when you need cologne samples to rub on yourself.

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 7 of 7 
User Details are only visible to members.
I agree with almost everything in this forum. What I don't like is when ppl mail us then send another one right after it that I'm to chunky for them. Hello I didn't mail you lol. We state straight out in our profile that I'm 175 and a 12/14. I don't hide it. My hubby loves my curves and so do the ppl we've been with. I admit I am not attracted to skinny women and neither is hubby . We both prefer someone with a little meat on their bones. What I hate is when someone lies about their weight and I end up passing someone up we totally would have been into. I say honesty is best and for those that don't like cushion don't look at my profile lol. (and what's the deal with height weight porportionate what is that.)

Hesperia CA
Username hidden
(11 posts)
I agree with polygirl. Cindy is so good with words, I enjoy reading her posts. The reason I don't post very often is because I am not that good with words. Either I don't express myself far enough or well enough and someone takes it the wrong way or thinks what I have said is somehow beneath them and have to make a smart comment. Anyway, back to the subject at hand. We don't judge on size alone. We look at the whole package. Appearance, attitude, and personality are all important to us. As for me, I love the eyes. Rusty

Montoursville PA
Username hidden
(98 posts)
Cindee, you're always so good with words and able to get your point across! I'm jealous!!!

Fresno CA
Username hidden
(124 posts)
That's a good article. I dont see anything wrong with people having a preference, I only have a problem when people choose to judge someone based on what they look like.

Its sad tho that so many people who are large and get upset over being judged are so quick to judge and put down thin people. Acceptance HAS to go both ways.

Fresno CA
Username hidden
(124 posts)
Welcome! :)

Upland CA
Username hidden
(130 posts)
Thank you for sharing Elisabeth!

Muncy PA
Username hidden
(2913 posts)
Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder

By Matthew Sakey and brought to you by Matchcom!

There are few things that people are more sensitive about than their personal appearance. The sad truth is that not everyone can be a supermodel. Not everyone can win a galaxy–wide ugly contest, either; most people fall somewhere in the middle. But everyone — men and women alike — is paranoid about looks, and weight is perhaps the most sensitive of sensitive issues. Almost everyone has some complaint.

Thin wasn't always in The heroin–chic, "I had a Triscuit for lunch today" look currently (and unfortunately) in vogue is surprisingly a new phenomenon. Less than a century ago, the "ideal" woman was slightly overweight; it implied good health. In some cultures, an overweight woman is extremely desirable, weight being a sign of significant wealth and, therefore, very appealing. Men haven't sought emaciated women since the dawn of time; quite the contrary.

When it comes to the feminine figures men find attractive, there is no right or wrong. So long as the woman in question isn't so thin or so heavy that she's in physiological danger, I could care less about personal taste. Some men are attracted to women who carry a little more weight. Some men are attracted to women who are plainly overweight. Some prefer slender figures.

Enter the cultural imperative The danger comes when a person allows society and/or fashion magazines to define beauty. It's cruel and unusual to a) expect every woman to look as thin as the women on runways today and b) expect every man to be attracted to them.

I'm not interested in the health issues associated with weight except to say that it's inappropriate for women to be encouraged to go too far in either direction. The point is that men are not all cut from the same dough; taste is utterly subjective and should not be dictated in any way by what's "in style" right now. Style is really nothing more than an attempt on the part of a minority to influence what they believe the majority thinks is fashionable — and sometimes they're wrong.

There is no shame in being attracted to whatever you're attracted to. The worst mistake you could make is to allow yourself to be misled by social propaganda into believing that you're not right in the head if you don't find 100–pound women to be the ideal physical form. Go for what you want, never encourage ill health, and depend on the fashion mags only when you need cologne samples to rub on yourself.

Upland CA
Username hidden
(130 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 7 of 7 
TOPIC: Good article, please read