Gifts and Giving : Swingers Discussion 170878101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsB.B.W.Gifts and Giving
TOPIC: Gifts and Giving
Created by: SexusNTexas
Original Starting post for this thread:
Okay, so my hubby and my sons think I am hard to buy for b/c I like everything. I maintain that if you really listen to me, and get to know me, you'll pick up on things I enjoy, etc. To me, it's not the price tag or the label, it's really the thought. Some of my favorite things have been things that say "I know you. Here is something that reminds me of you."

Please feel free to add your thoughts on this gift giving season. Sometimes it gets a bit depressing, or just overwhelming, and I like to keep it a bit more joyous and simple.

Gina

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 14   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Okay...how was it with your Valentine's Day gifts? I made my husband's card, and got creative with a little "twisted red riding hood" sort of gift thing for him, which he was amused by.

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7268 posts)
that's a cute idea.

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7268 posts)
Red boxers being worn by his sexy naked wife :)

Augusta NJ
Username hidden
(16055 posts)
what, oh what, can I give my husband for Valentine's??? I'm going w/ a "red" theme.

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7268 posts)
I love everything, absolutely everything, from my sons. I need to develop that same frame of mind when getting gifts from my husband too. I love him, I "should" love what he picks out. I cannot hide my feelings, no matter what, though. I was "expecting" a certain Pandora charm this year from him, and he didn't/couldn't get it, and I was slightly disappointed, I wish I wasn't, but I couldn't hide it...he can read me well. I felt like a spoiled brat though, and I was more disappointed in myself than in not getting something. I hate when I'm like that, and it's not often, but I still hate that.

Gina

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7268 posts)
I do like cheaper earrings...I always lose those. And we were talking w/ friends once and she had just received a $600 ring that she didn't even like (from her husband) and I said, Oh, Dan's lucky...I don't really have/want expensive jewelry (was thinking earrings and such) and he pointed to my engagement/wedding rings and said, "uh...what do you call that?" "Oh yeah. Right."

I have tiny diamond studs in the second holes in my ears, and I pretty much leave them there so I don't lose them, as they were more expensive. I take them out to clean them, etc. Earrings can go anywhere from $5-$100 (except for the diamonds, they were more), but after that, I hate wearing them b/c I don't want to lose them. It just depends on where I'm wearing them. Swing situations always get the cheaper earrings. :) We'll be home, and I'll realize I'm missing something.

Have one nice strand of pearls...my birthstone as well as alexandrite...and that's something I always wanted. Dan bought me those first year we were married. So, yeah, he does a good job w/ the jewelry. I need to tell him, don't I?

Gina

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7268 posts)
I lost a really beautiful black onyx bracelet a few years back, you'd think my husband would decide to never give me anything again, but no...he's pretty good w/ jewelry, but does not want to go NEAR getting me an article of clothing, unless I'm standing in front of him trying it on. He doesn't want to appear offensive either way: if he buys it too small, or if he buys it too large. Really, you know how it is, women can wear an article of clothing in about 3 or 4 different sizes, depending on the maker. Guys wear a 36/30 jeans, they always can just go w/ the size.

My son is the best tho...he likes designer things, and has good taste and will tell the truth. "mom, um, no."

Gina

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7268 posts)
yeah, and my husband knows...jewelry as well. I do not own any "real" jewelry. Not because he is cheap...but because my ass is horrifically irresponsible where jewelry is concerned. I lose it, guaranteed. So I stick to costume jewelry at all costs.

San Marcos TX
Username hidden
(23995 posts)
I am the only one that can pick out my clothes. My idea of fashion sense is looking at a mannequin , liking what I see, then buying everything on said mannequin.I so need a g/f to go clothes shopping with. I am a jeans and tshirt kinda gal. Money/ gift cards are best where clothes are concerned .

Augusta NJ
Username hidden
(16055 posts)
I love surprise gifts from friends. You know who you are. The ones that say "I saw this and thought of you." Those are wonderful. I am a total sucker for gifts from the kids especially...my boys bought me necklaces for Christmas from Dollar Tree lol. They are worth more than gold to me. In regard to Jay though, I'm so like M in that regard. I am a picky, picky person clothes wise OMG. Jay just says okay, heres the visa lol.

San Marcos TX
Username hidden
(23995 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 14   End
TOPIC: Gifts and Giving