Fat discrimination : Swingers Discussion 1743161052
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsB.B.W.Fat discrimination
TOPIC: Fat discrimination
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... More 
Start   52 to 61 of 395   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Not this thread mind you but the other two active threads about the subject in the other forums.

Dyer IN
Username hidden
(450 posts)
thanks for the pertinent info folks. there was a study about twins that were separated at birth which also pointed to genetics but my brief search didn't turn it up. Truth be told( again )these anti fat threads are born out maliciousness from the op to another member.

Dyer IN
Username hidden
(450 posts)
I don't know what constitutes a "valid" study.....but, wiki says:

Like many other medical conditions, obesity is the result of an interplay between genetic and environmental factors. Polymorphisms in various genes controlling appetite and metabolism predispose to obesity under certain dietary conditions. The percentage of obesity that can be attributed to genetics varies widely, depending on the population examined, from 6% to 85%.[2] As of 2006, more than 41 sites on the human genome have been linked to the development of obesity when a favorable environment is present.[3]

Sacramento CA
Username hidden
(81 posts)
I stand corrected Leeza. What I read there, as I sometimes read too quickly, was "Overweight people are MORE PRONE to being obese." I completely overlooked genetically. Silly me.

The assertive and arrogant trainer within (I used to be one) is gonna come out and say: Anything is possible if you apply yourself. It's much easier to be lazy and throw dietary caution to the wind. I was 240 when I was 13, as I posted below. Back in July of last year, July of 2012, I was 240. I am now a lean and physically capable powerhouse (not boasting, seriously) weighing in at 187.

Point?? If I can do it, so can anyone else. All it takes is effort that keeps on one-upping itself. You'd be surprised to see what happens when you take an ideal and run with it; you'll be surprised to see what you can do!!

If you choose to be big, don't be all sensitive to comments. After all, this is your choice, right??

Milford CT
Username hidden
(42 posts)
"No Fattys" (sp?) is pretty rude, but there are a lot of folks who just aren't attracted to obese people. There are others who have a problem with different races, simply out of a sexual preference, not in a racist sense. For example, I (male half) am not physically attracted to Asian women. Nothing about their ethnicity, I'm simply not turned on by them. Vive la difference. I do know men who love BBWs, and more power to them. We have to remember that this is a swinger's site, not a diversity conference. We all have our particular tastes, and can and should express them without being rude or demeaning.

Tempe AZ
Username hidden
(172 posts)
Paragon - is it a valid point? I've never heard of a study that indicates that most overweight people are genetically prone to obesity. If anyone has a link to a valid basis for that statement, it would be very interesting.

Gibsonia PA
Username hidden
(6742 posts)
Valid point. Touche!!

Milford CT
Username hidden
(42 posts)
most over weight people are genetically prone to obesity. these fat threads are directed at a certain member who has an extremely hateful and hurtful stalker.

Dyer IN
Username hidden
(450 posts)
This is an incredibly sensitive subject to talk about, so here's my two cents.

I was that fat kid who everyone picked on as a youngster (look at me now bitches!!) and looking back, it was from depression and lack of solid parenting skills. With overweight people, I get it. However there's always SOMETHING you can to to improve your overall well being, and it starts with effort and the willingness to fix yourself through dedication and perseverance.

With that said, I think people are starting to forget what "being overweight by 20 pounds" is and confusing what the term of "obese" means. Mix in general laziness with everything being easily accessible, and great tasting food being really had for you, and you have the ingredients for disaster.

I've been with a variety of people, from thin sexy vixens, older women who take care of themselves, and a few BBWs. What makes everything click is how someone carries themselves. On the flip side (and this is true) people will always generally prefer someone who is slender and fit. If you look at popular entertainment figures, 90% of them are in shape. Also, models for the clothes we buy into, like Victoria's Secret and Abercrombie and Fitch, all feature sexy beach bodies that immediately snag our looks and attention.

Is there anything wrong with being a little overweight?? Not at all. It's peoples skewed perceptions of what being overweight really is.

Milford CT
Username hidden
(42 posts)
if pp were skinny there'd be thread surmising they are sickly. those comments made directed at them come from insecure a holes.

Dyer IN
Username hidden
(450 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... More 
Start   52 to 61 of 395   End
TOPIC: Fat discrimination