Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions B.B.W. Fat discrimination
TOPIC: Fat discrimination
GoTo Page: Less ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
Start   381 to 390 of 395   End
User Details are only visible to members.
azk...that color of blue is amazing against your skin tone!

Username hidden
(23991 posts)
I appreciate when people put thier preferences. I do have to say they are really missing out.. but if they dont like a heavy set hottie...move on. If they say no "fatties".. it is a real clue in to thier personality! Shallow people need not apply.

Tangerine FL
Username hidden
(9 posts)
Speaking as a member of the over 200# female club, I can sure attest to the nasty way some people behave concerning weight. A specific med about 11 yrs ago put on 80# virtually overnight and I just can't seem to do anything to change that fact. It was a big adjustment for me as a former professional athletic instructor.

However, in the lifestyle I have found people to be very size accepting, but we are absolutely upfront about me being a big girl. Sexy is an attitude and being positive takes it exponentially from there. I'm comfortable in my own skin and I don't want to play with anyone who is critical of me for any reason... I value who I am too much to compromise.

Other people's biases are their burden to work around, not mine.

Tucson AZ
Username hidden
(30 posts)
I've also seen your question before, and being fat myself, it's hard to accept and realize the real answer to that discrimination is that being fat is something people can change about themselves. We aren't born that way. Being black, Jewish, Mexican, etc. is something that is unchangeable.

Being discriminated against is still hard to take. And the best of people do not put others down for any reason, whether it's for something you can change, or something you cannot.

Gina

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7532 posts)
Wow. I just read your profile, and almost every sentence starts with a negative. Defensive, negative (no this, no that, if you are not, we are not, etc). While you don't have to be syrupy sweet (that would just be fake), i think if you want to come across as accessible, attractive, fun, energetic, confident people in the swing world, you might want to rethink and rewrite.

Instead of being so defensive about yourselves, why not just write: we are big. Period. without the disclaimer. And the run ons that just sound angry. Unless that's what you're looking for in return? If so, let it stand as it is.

Don't worry so much about the "assholes" and what people think. What matters is what YOU think of yourselves, and in your profile, you don't sound as if you think much of yourselves. So, if you don't, why should anyone else?

Change some negatives to positive statements and see what happens. I like your picture in the vest/bustier and blue skirt. You will also run into less of an interest b/c you're in a poly relationship and it's a more narrow field for partners. Hang in there. Believe in yourself. Put across your belief in your profile. Good luck.

Gina

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7532 posts)
there is no point to naming things...rise above that. There is karma in this world, and if you like yourself then that's all that matters, and your confidence and any positivity will help you in your search for partners.

There actually are indeed profiles that say "whites only" or "we only play within our race, weight limits, age brackets..." and so on. We even came across a swing club while looking online that stated "whites only." We couldn't believe it...until we considered the source and it was in Mississippi. Some things never change.

So, my "advice" is to ignore those who state things like that, don't let it get to you, and seek out those who fit your own desires in swinging. Try not to dwell on the negatives (easier said than done, I know), and enjoy yourselves.

This is a good place to gripe about anything. Then try to let it go and just have fun.

Gina

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7532 posts)
Back 14 years ago when we first started swinging there was a BIG swingers group here in NC. They only were listed in mags you sent in a letter asking for membership they sent out a package you filled out sent back with photos and other stuff. Well we did all this and got a nice letter back saying how they wanted to thank us for our interest but we were not what they were looking for in a couple to join there group, But if i lost weight then we could send in again for membership as they had standards to which they held the couples. Now mind you this club is still alive but under different owners now that is why i will not say its name.

High Point NC
Username hidden
(4 posts)
Wow!!! Incredible! I may be heavy but I have a beautiful face, personality and I am sexy! An ugly thin person could never change their face and an ugly personality will never get them anywhere in life.

This is about sexy fun and not a beauty contest, you will find plenty of couples/singles to play with. But I agree if they are attacking or harassing you, report them!

New York NY
Username hidden
(486 posts)
-worst part is some of the messages we have gotten.

Report them. Intentional insults are completely different from someone expressing a preference.

Columbia MD
Username hidden
(1282 posts)
Oh sweetie,

I am so sorry people have been that ugly to you. The only thing I can say is consider the source. They may be pretty on the outside and ugly as hell on the inside!

Hugs~ Dee

Burleson TX
Username hidden
(3183 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
Start   381 to 390 of 395   End
TOPIC: Fat discrimination