Fat discrimination : Swingers Discussion 17431610251
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsB.B.W.Fat discrimination
TOPIC: Fat discrimination
GoTo Page: Less ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... More 
Start   251 to 260 of 395   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Congrats on the submit button G

;)

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19440 posts)
If I had a problem with you, which I don't (why would I?), I know I could come to you and tell you directly. We're good like that.

I've lost two long posts on this subject now, so maybe I am not supposed to chime in?

Bottom line: defensiveness and attacks never look good on anyone. No matter what your size. There are reasons people are overweight, and not all of them have to do with being lazy or slobs. Just as not all size 4 people are bitches. No one knows what people go through, have gone through, etc. You have no idea what that woman has gone through. Why be defensive and angry towards someone you don't even know?

For me, the extra weight started coming on after I was raped by a stranger who could pick me up from the ground. Funny, but now I like to be with someone who can pick me up (and yes, throw me across the bed too!). I no longer let that act define me; it's instead just a part of my history. Extra weight is often an "insulator" against hurtful people, it says sometimes, "you are not getting close to me," and is a very physical manifestation of pushing people away. Sometimes.

So, I can no longer make excuses. The comfort I got from eating, in 4th grade grabbing a book and a bag of chips, as a teenager, as a young mom in an abusive marriage (how confusing, he hated my weight, yet didn't want me to lose if for fear someone might look at me) no longer is a comfort. So, it's out of bad habit that I turn to salty, crunchy, carb-laden food when there is an upset. I feel worse after, my blood sugar is messed up, and I just feel sick. Bleh. It's hard to change old habits though, and until I get there mentally enough to be there physically, I'm still going to make mistakes.

Key is to surround myself with more positive people, including MYSELF. Most of us are our own worst enemies. We think, "Oh they don't like me b/c I'm fat." Well, what it usually comes down to is that we portray ourselves as unlikeable because we are not happy with ourselves. Those, AT ANY SIZE, who are happy with how they look, sexy, fun, active, confident, etc., portray those things, and feel no need to defend or excuse their looks.

I'll try once more to hit the "submit" button and hope this time it goes through. Gina

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7385 posts)
hahaha. well, i do hope you are not upset with me. if you are, remember how much you love me heehe. cause i love you.

Username hidden
(23995 posts)
absolutely! I thought it was rather good too...

I'll rewrite tomorrow. My brains are already gone tonight, and I can't even blame halloween candy b/c I didn't eat any! ;)

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7385 posts)
lol you must have been pissed heehee

Username hidden
(23995 posts)
omg I just wrote tons of words and it disappeared! AGH

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7385 posts)
I am convinced that we all have a degree of discriminating factors...whether they are acquired or taught. I do, I will admit to it. I am a confident, cocky, probably arrogant to a degree bitch that lives my life not really giving a shit what others think about me. Well, I care about what 6 care. 3 are my children and 1 of them is my deceased grandmother. everyone else, don't give a shit. If you are heavy and comfortable in your own skin, rock it. Do not worry or care what others think. When you love yourself, others will see this and be attracted to it. If they aren't....well, have fun anyway.

Username hidden
(23995 posts)
Mrs. B-

The only thing I notice when you walk in the room is S-E-X-Y!

Steve

Wexford PA
Username hidden
(131 posts)
Wasn't there a Seinfeld bit about that?

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19440 posts)
Confidence is of course an enormous factor in what makes a person attractive. *GENERALLY* although by NO MEANS always - a person's confidence is damaged by being overweight, or if they think of themselves as too tall, too short, whatever.

But let's be clear... most "hot" people know they're hot and exude confidence that goes along with it. This confidence often overlaps with arrogance.

My ego is perfectly able to take the bruising that "hotties" dish out. However, if I were single I know perfectly well that 99% of them are going to do that. Experience has taught me this. If the "hotties" of the world don't want the rest of us to think of them that way, then they shouldn't act that way. Something tells me they don't care, however....

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19440 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... More 
Start   251 to 260 of 395   End
TOPIC: Fat discrimination