Fat discrimination : Swingers Discussion 17431610221
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsB.B.W.Fat discrimination
TOPIC: Fat discrimination
GoTo Page: Less ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... More 
Start   221 to 230 of 395   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Why don't you just write what you're going to write and post it, rather than let everyone know you plan to write something nasty in advance?

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(18755 posts)
Fat discrimination. What a great topic. Gonna write a long one on this one, folks. Oh man. Will have to think about it though. This is the question I pose: Is it more "morally correct" to bullshit folks to be loved? or Tell the hard truth and be hated?

Bonneau SC

Username hidden
(313 posts)
well said SnT.

Philadelphia PA

Username hidden
(2157 posts)
There IS a difference between preference and discrimination. No one need defend or justify or feel "bad" about their preferences. Preferences are just that. You should never fake attraction. If fat doesn't turn you on, it doesn't turn you on. If you can't get past weight to the person underneath, that is your own perogative and preference. Where discrimination comes in is when you treat people with contempt, disdain, or bullying or try to oppress people you have a prejudice against. I have a problem with ignorant and proud of it people. They may never quite know I don't like them though. But others can easily see it just in a look or a sarcastic comment.

As for the issue of people telling me I'm fat. I know I'm fat. I don't need it snickered at me. And you can't really compare it to shortness, baldness, skin color, etc., b/c there is actually something I CAN do about it if I so choose. No, it won't change overnight, but if it bothers ME enough, then I will change it. It won't be because it bothers someone else on a swing site.

The problems occur when people don't simply just move on to someone they are compatible with or to whom they are attracted, but feel it's their duty to point it out and make fun. "Oh I would NEVER be attracted to someone fat like you!" Well, okay. I have not personally heard that from anyone. What I find fun is when someone who states they are not attracted at all to overweight people somehow find me quite attractive and sexy. One guy in particular later thanked me for changing his whole attitude about what constitutes sexuality and attractiveness. That was a fun thing and he became a close friend and swing partner. I wasn't trying to change anything or anyone's mine either. I was just "me."

Mr VA, that's how I knew your wife, when she was overweight. She was sexy as hell then, and I'm sure even that much more so now. The weight isn't always the indicator.

Gina

San Antonio TX

Username hidden
(7268 posts)
My only advice to you, most recent poster, is this.....

Post pics. State your weight. Own what you have.

Mrs. VA used to be a BBW. She would wear her leather corset and strut her shit in it and would easily outdo the 20-something beachbodies who would be hiding in their towels and robes.

Do not hide behind icons and "0 lbs". Be yourself.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(18755 posts)
I am a BBW and have found I am harder on myself about that fact then the people we play with. BUT there are some who think it is their God given right to inform us of our weight issues. Hmmmm, are you trying to tell me I should push my plate away?? OMG you are so right.... shit... where have you been all my life. LOL

I wonder if they would like it if they were called out on their imperfections... Hey little dick.... or Damn did you eat a clove of garlic? It just shows there are some very closed minded people who are also superficial and fake. My fat is real, but their expectations aren't. So ignore them and enjoy the wonderful awesome people on here who will love you for who you are and all you have to offer.

Love and hugs J

Arlington WA

Username hidden
(1 post)
The Lifestyle pretty much mirrors real life just like anything else. We call people on chubby-bashing all the time. I (m) once had a friend that was ALWAYS wanting to have serious talks about my weight. I kept telling him thanks but I'm okay. He was always talking sh*t on his wife too, about her getting fat. I finally just called him on it and told him he was prejudiced on fat people. He denied it, but it was true. I also give shit to any of my friends or aquaintances that make fat jokes, telling them that it was sad that they had to take the easy way to bash somebody. Bashing overweight people is sadly acceptable in our society, and is really the last acceptable prejudice.

North Tustin CA

Username hidden
(16 posts)
Va Beach, no idea! From my experience with you, there was nothing I can think of that could be "bully-worthy." Are you going to keep us in the dark?

There is no one immune from being berated. It's in being defensive that we let it get to us. The best response is just a shrug of your sexy shoulders and maybe a reply, "Why is my life so interesting to you that you feel you need to comment upon it?"

Gina

San Antonio TX

Username hidden
(7268 posts)
Welcome to the forums ECIL :)

Augusta NJ

Username hidden
(16055 posts)
Awesome post ECIL

San Marcos TX

Username hidden
(23995 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... More 
Start   221 to 230 of 395   End
TOPIC: Fat discrimination