Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions B.B.W. Fat discrimination
TOPIC: Fat discrimination
GoTo Page: Less ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... More 
Start   41 to 50 of 397   End
User Details are only visible to members.
While I think HotIrish was out of line for giving advice where none was asked, I do not think the advice itself was exactly incorrect insofar as being so overweight is not something that your body can tolerate long-term. So since the ice has already been broken on that, I guess I'll add a few more cents. Before I do please bear this in mind - anyone who says such things is only saying so out of concern for the addressee's health, and not out of some sense of innate superiority.

When you have youth on your side (I believe the OP's age was around 40) your body can tolerate a lot of abuse, but it will not be very long until problems begin - deteriorating joints, heart issues, etc. The rate of course that these things will occur depend on many factors, but for people who are very (100+ lb) overweight, the number "60" is almost universally unkind, and "70" is downright hostile.

I certainly am not going to tell anyone what they should or shouldn't do, but I'm also not going to play dumb and deny that being 100+ overweight is anything but an early death sentence. How early, we cannot predict exactly, but statistics are overwhelmingly against very overweight people as they age. These things are better dealt with when people are younger and have better healing and muscle-building power, then waiting until they are immobilized and oxygen dependent.

That's my quasi-professional opinion. I say "quasi" because I am not a medical doctor, but I have worked for many years in pharmaceuticals, medicinal and biochemistry, and general health care, so in this I am "smarter than the average bear".

I promise you no hostility is intended with my post, and I doubt that was really the intention of HotIrish either.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20483 posts)
Ok…so, here I go again with the unpopular point of view, but, oh well. Irish….I read BiHiPoint’s profile, too, and I don’t see anywhere in there where they talk about having health issues. Unless you have some kind of psychic abilities that you haven’t spoken about, I doubt very seriously that you can tell just by looking at their pictures that they have health issues. Not all obese people have health issues. My man has had a heart attack and every doctor he’s seen assumes that he has high cholesterol. He doesn’t. His heart issues are genetic. Even a doctor cannot tell by looking at him that he has a particular ailment. As for your suggestion that BiHiPoint save up and get gastric bypass…I find it offensive for anyone to suggest an invasive surgery for someone that they don’t know. Gastric bypass is not a procedure that one should consider as a quick weight loss solution. For one thing, unless you treat the reason the person is overweight (i.e. via counseling for addiction issues, or medical treatment for medical issues) studies show that people will put the weight right back on. Surgically shrinking a person’s stomach does not guarantee that they will not be able to stretch it out again over time. Because of its invasive nature, once a person has a gastric bypass procedure, any future surgery involving the stomach area becomes a major operation with increased chances of death. And speaking of death…..gastric bypass can result in death. My friend’s husband went in for a simple gastric bypass procedure and the surgeon knicked his colon (which happens more often then people realize). He crashed and almost died 3 times over a 6 month hospital stay. He will never be the same. His entire body was traumatized by the process. So, please take into consideration that suggesting something so invasive to someone you don’t even know is a little irresponsible….if not rude and offensive.

Sacramento CA
Username hidden
(81 posts)
BiHiPoint: Female half here. Just looked at your profile, the female half is not fat; she are morbidly obese! Please think about your health. My obese sister-in-law at 45 yrs. old just had a major stroke. She has diabetes, high blood pressure and the list goes on. Don't loose weight because you swing, loose it for your life!! Sorry if this offends you, but I feel concern for your health/longevity. Save up and have the gastric bipass surgery.

"Obesity increases the likelihood of various diseases, particularly heart disease, type 2 diabetes, obstructive sleep apnea, certain types of cancer, and osteoarthritis. Obesity is most commonly caused by a combination of excessive food energy intake, lack of physical activity, and genetic susceptibility, although a few cases are caused primarily by genes, endocrine disorders, medications or psychiatric illness."

Cocoa FL
Username hidden
(224 posts)
2tryinfor4 has it right....

Tempe AZ
Username hidden
(191 posts)
ah, you took that figuratively, Sed, and I took it literally, as in ass=the donkey/zebra pic below the post. Maybe he'll elaborate.

I really liked what 2tryinfor4 posted. Logic and reason. And honest.

And appreciated. G.

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7570 posts)
An ass because they have preferences?

People who have no preferences are not people that we'd be interested in meeting on any level.

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(17239 posts)
good points thats why we are adding more pics this weekend and yes a zeedonk!

Carmichael CA
Username hidden
(11 posts)
Well, you have weights listed, so it's not like you're lying, but I see a pic of lips, a forehead, cleavage, and both of you behind a blanketed equine. That doesn't tell very much.

Is that a zedonk?

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20483 posts)
Good point. We are both not HWP but since we are new maybe our pics do not reflect our whole bodies yet. Would appreciate feedback to see if we are misrepresenting ourselves. This weekend we plan on meeting another couple who has agreed to take lots of pics for the site.

Carmichael CA
Username hidden
(11 posts)
Hello, This is Ann here. I have ran across some fat discrimination at the parties however when I am fortunate to find a playmate with "padding" I prefer it. I find BBWs to be so passionate and energetic its amazing! Everyone has their general preferences when it comes to what they are attracted to (mine are men with a belly or BBWs), however we base our play choices on chemistry and personality rather than looks. We recently had a couple contact us that had they prefer HWP on their profile - we are larger than that. We would have never contacted them directly because of that but were sure glad they contacted us! Passion comes in all shapes and sizes and I am certainly looking forward to the exploration!

Carmichael CA
Username hidden
(11 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... More 
Start   41 to 50 of 397   End
TOPIC: Fat discrimination