Big, Beautiful and Fitness : Swingers Discussion 200271101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsB.B.W.Big, Beautiful and Fitness
TOPIC: Big, Beautiful and Fitness
Created by: kinddraggon The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
 1 to 10 of 32   End
User Details are only visible to members.
IOP, I personally wouldn't consider you a BBW... you're absolutely gorgeous with amazingly sexy curves. :)

I (Mr. Perv, hope it's ok if I post here) started 2012 out at around 360lbs. Today, I'm about 295 and still dropping. (I'm aiming for 240-220 by the end of 2013)

I think that in this, just as in all things, knowledge is power. You can't change yourself until you know yourself. Most people have absolutely no clue how much activity they get in a day. The daily recommended is 10k steps. These aren't "running on the treadmill" or "walking around the block" steps... this is the MINIMUM REQUIREMENT FOR A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE, yet the many of us do not see this much activity unless we have a job that demands it.

So how do you get to know yourself? You can get a cheap pedometer, use an app on your phone... or do what I did, and get a fitbit device and wear it 24x7. I quickly discovered that I wasn't even getting 1.5k steps in a day. Pretty horrifying, once you think about it. I work from home. I'm a programmer. Bottom line? My job was killing me, so it was time to start fighting back.

We were already eating fairly healthily... and had been doing so for a couple years, without much results... I'd lose some weight here and there, but it would fluctuate back. Once I got clued in to how much my activity levels sucked, it was one of those forehead slapping moments. Really, I already knew I was failing at the activity levels. It wasn't until I saw the stats and facts in black and white that it finally hit me that I needed to do something about it.

What did I do? Well, I didn't focus specifically on getting more exercise... forcing myself to do something is one of the best ways to make sure I don't do it. Instead, I made it a daily challenge to find ways to get more steps in. "I did 2k steps yesterday. I bet I can get 2.5k today!". It didn't matter what I was doing to get the extra steps, only that I got them.

I started walking the dog to pick the kiddo up from school more often, instead of driving (1 mile round trip). I got a bike, and started taking the dog out for the runs that she needs (walky dog - best thing ever for riding a bike with a high energy dog, your pooch will love you for it). I started parking further away at the store, just because I knew it meant more steps. I started getting up and walking around the house during conference calls, instead of sitting on my ass in my chair. Nothing major, nothing drastic. Just small challenges to increase activities I was already engaging in.

You know what? It's still a work in progress, but it worked. It didn't take long before I increased my daily activity to an average of 5k steps. This alone was enough for me to start shedding some weight, and I dropped about 30lbs without doing anything beyond what I described above.

Fast forward to today, and I've started adding in some treadmill time. I didn't start out with anything hard core, just 10 minutes here and there. I quickly found that all the previous walking and bike rides had built up my legs and stamina, and I could actually jog! not something I'd ever been able to do before, but here I was, moving along at a brisk 6mph. I find this amazing, considering I went in for a heart stress test about 10 months ago and had to abort because I couldn't handle going over 2mph on the treadmill.

Kalona IA
Username hidden
(134 posts)
I don't think there's such a thing as a quit date, or were you talking about cigarettes?

Dan and I have made a simple goal of 4 pounds down by the 4th, and keep them off, no going up down up down up down unless it's on top of each other.

I think everyone gets in a rut here and there, and we certainly were. Being away this week and eating wonderful, fresh, delicious food, and in smaller amounts was really refreshing, and the kick we needed.

I think it happens over and over that when we are very tired we tend to reach for something "easy," and not something healthy. Flying for 9 hours today, plus jet lag from the time change, plus no time for food, led us tonight to order a pizza. Nothing wrong with that sometimes, just it's a bad habit to do so when you're just plain old exhausted and run down. It leads to other bad decisions and lethargy. A good night's sleep will help, and so will getting back to my little workouts.

Kinddraggon, I'm proud of you too. You don't just talk and whine and gripe, you take action and DO something about whatever it is that drags you down. Kudos. Gina

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7530 posts)
Could be a slow start, could be that you are over worked. The general rule of thumb in PT World is that you should feel more energetic after you workout, if you feel winded, it can be one of two things or a combo of both, you are slowly building your stamina your body had not adjusted to this positive change, or you are being over worked. Also, the smoking. That in itself is a big problem and will drain you of energy. Either way, don't get discouraged, you are doing very well :).

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(17052 posts)
KD You should be VERY proud of yourself!

I bet you are feeling more energetic :)

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(17052 posts)
KD, you are such an inspiration to me! Thanks for posting about your amazing success!

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(9178 posts)
Thank you

Toledo OH
Username hidden
(1430 posts)
Congrats on 40 lbs...that's great!

Peachland NC
Username hidden
(8 posts)
I've determined this is the weight I was meant to be. A few years ago, I started a lifestyle change. I don't eat fast food, don't drink pop, cut out extra carbs, etc. I play in two men's basketball leagues (full court, 2hrs, twice a week) and hit the treadmill for another 6-8 miles per week with a little light weight lifting and swimming sprinkled in. After one year, I lost 40lbs and haven't lost an ounce since. I still work out, and am in great shape. I can keep pace with runners 10 years younger than me, but I can't seem to lose any more weight...

Toledo OH
Username hidden
(1430 posts)
I can understand your soreness. I always tell my clients on leg days;

"I enjoy the knowledge that for the next 3-4 days you'll be thinking of me a whole lot" :)

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(17052 posts)
KD,

If you don't mind me asking, have you ever worked out prior to the trainer? Have you done any activity, such as walking, biking maybe in the last say 8 years?

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(17052 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
 1 to 10 of 32   End
TOPIC: Big, Beautiful and Fitness