Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions B.B.W. Big, Beautiful and Fitness
TOPIC: Big, Beautiful and Fitness
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
Start   21 to 30 of 32   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Huntr3ss, welcome to the forums. You may find an answer about problem areas if you look in the Fitness thread of the forums. You can also start a new thread about it for more immediate and direct answers.

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(9287 posts)
Kind-Really, don't weigh yourself everyday. We go up and down every day. What I remember is going by how your clothes feel on you. It's crazy, on the days I exercise the most, the next day I've gone up a pound. I just wish I could get rid of my fat knees and the c-section belly! Anybody know what to do about that?

Suisun City CA
Username hidden
(4 posts)
KD, your soreness from this AM training session is gone now?

I would not recommend weighing yourself every morning, that's another thing that will eventually fail you.

I always recommend once a week.

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(17265 posts)
I got really huge with kid #2 and after 9 years I'm still trying to get rid of some of it! And I do exercise. I do martial arts 3 nights a week, walk, and recently got a kettlebell. But people are always surprised to learn that this chubby middle-aged woman is a black belt! We'd go back to Weight Watchers (where we did have some success) but we can't afford it right now (and we hate to give up cheese!). I just console myself with the fact that, yeah, I'm a bit chubby, but I can kick ass and I'm pretty flexible considering the bad hips and knees!

Suisun City CA
Username hidden
(4 posts)
I loathe water but have found this liquid enhancer called MiO and I'm loving it. I used to use the Crystal Lite packets, but this is a liquid and so much better. Definitely helps get the water down... =)

Peachland NC
Username hidden
(8 posts)
A thin slice of fresh cucumber in ice water can also improve the taste.

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(9287 posts)
I completely agree with your PT. People who do not consume a nutritional breakfast, people who do not eat for breakfast, are literally destroying their health.

There are several women in the forums who stated that they categorically refuse to have breakfast and their first meal of the day is sometimes around 1 - 2pm. Both want to lose weight, both overweight and will never lose weight until they change their outlook and lifestyle.

I recommend an ounce of water per pound of body weight to all of my clients.

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(17265 posts)
I missed the part about 40lbs in 6 months. I hate to say this, and don't mean to urinate on anyone's parade, but that is a set up for failure. If you want to succeed, you have to remember the following:

It took you a lifetime to put the weight on, don't rush to take it off. When you do, you are shocking your system, your metabolism goes into shock mode (aka starvation mode) and starts holding on to fat while burning lean muscle tissue for energy. As the initial water weight comes off, weight reduction will ALWAYS slow down. This is the time when most people get discouraged and fall off the wagon.

Taking time in dropping the weight allows your body and metabolism to adjust and get used to the change without much shock or triggering the starvation mode.

Small goals, once achieved, you set new ones. Never ever set up huge goals.

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(17265 posts)
**Thank you for the great reminders, I have all those bad habits to correct. I most certainly 'want it' for 'me'. I'm pretty sure most with weight issues do also. I'm not sure what will 'break the cycle' for me, but I'm going to keep trying. **

KD, Every single person that I've met who was/is overweight has stated the same to me. My first question when I interview a client is, why do you want to lose weight. But that goes further than just stating, it has to come from inside of you, it has to become a mindset change from, I'm not sure, we'll see, hopefully I can do this, to yes I can, no ifs, not buts, I can and I will. One foot in front of the other. And while I may on occasion fall off the bandwagon, it will not become habitual, and I will immediately get back and right on track.

Anyone want to lose 5 pounds with me? :))) Your list sounds good, if I were you, I'd start with, why I want to lose weight. You then proceed to goals and how you'll achieve them.

But I'm sure that your PT will walk you through it.

A word of advise if I may. PT's are not nutritionists, in the world of Personal Training, it is literally a crime for a PT to prescribe a diet to their client. Their job is to train.

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(17265 posts)
After I wrote my last post, I realized 5 lbs. in one week was way too ambitious for me. But 5 lbs. in 6 weeks seems too extended since I am the master of procrastination!

KD, when you meet with your trainer, would you ask her what weight-loss goal in the short term is reasonable for you? Maybe we could set this up in a way that is personalized, like me losing 5 lbs. in 3 weeks and you following your trainer's recommendation.

I plan to return to the "method" I was using earlier this year that worked for the first 5- pound-loss: cut out or greatly reduce starch consumption and increase regular exercise. I've been lax on both lately and am paying for it now, with a couple extra pounds showing up this morning. Ugh!

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(9287 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
Start   21 to 30 of 32   End
TOPIC: Big, Beautiful and Fitness